https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/april/voting-open-for-fan-and-player-of-the-season/

So, who's it going to be? Obviously there are lots of strong candidates in a season such as this, but for me it has to be Buendia. He's clearly far too good for this league and easily the best player in it, in my opinion.

Buendia, Skipp, Hanley, in that order for me. That said, if he'd played all season there instead of being reprieved by the signing of Giannoulis, I'd have gone left-field with my vote and gone for Sorensen, for reasons that have been extremely well documented!

1 minute ago, Pete Raven said:

The club are confident of detecting any abuse in the voting process.

Really? By asking for a postcode ? There has to be quite a few thousand Spurs fans living in Norfolk for a start

Got to be Buendia for me. 

Skipp 2nd, Pukki 3rd.

Hard though plenty of players who'd walk it any other season, Cantwell etc. 

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Where have people read/heard about the rumours of Spurs fans sabotaging the vote, out of interest? Looks like I'm the only one to have completely missed it!

Just look any of the 'player of the match' votes in all of previous wins.

Hanley was robbed against Derby

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

In recent seasons the player of the month results counted towards the overall POTS. Assume they will do the same this year? Anyone know how the monthly awards went?

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Where have people read/heard about the rumours of Spurs fans sabotaging the vote, out of interest? Looks like I'm the only one to have completely missed it!

Spurs fans on twitter have effectively hijacked every single MOTM aware whenever Skipp was an option to vote for. I think he's probably won 10 odd MOTM awards.

The annoying thing is he often deserves them and deserves to be in with a shout of being POTS. However if he does win it's going to be put down to Spurs fans being annoying.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Spurs fans on twitter have effectively hijacked every single MOTM aware whenever Skipp was an option to vote for. I think he's probably won 10 odd MOTM awards.

The annoying thing is he often deserves them and deserves to be in with a shout of being POTS. However if he does win it's going to be put down to Spurs fans being annoying.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just look any of the 'player of the match' votes in all of previous wins.

Hanley was robbed against Derby

Fair enough, I'm not on Twitter and can't recall having taken part in any MOTM vote on any platform this season.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

This is really frustrating. You’d think the club would’ve taken steps to ensure at least the player of the season vote is done legitimately,  having witnessed Skipp winning every single MOTM vote whenever nominated and the Spurs fans littering the club’s Twitter. And as you say it’s a shame as I’d fancy Skipp to be right up there Buendia even from just us NCFC fans - although Buendia is certainly my pick. 

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Skipp winning POTS would be the only award Spurs have had in many generations.

4 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

The club are confident of detecting any abuse in the voting process.

They would say that. I very much doubt they will be spending time analysing or cross-referencing postcodes

Limiting the vote to those with a customer # would have been a much more sensible option.

Long ago they used to hand out Voting Slips as you went through the turnstiles at CR. The system now is akin to them handing out those slips at the away turnstiles.

• Like 1

Skipp or Buendia, could be either. Without Skipp we’d have been nowhere near as solid, allowing Emi to do his thing - which he’s done really well.  
Tbh it feels harsh singling out one player when Max, Grant, Teemu and Todd could easily have a shout in any normal season.

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

They would say that. I very much doubt they will be spending time analysing or cross-referencing postcodes

Limiting the vote to those with a customer # would have been a much more sensible option.

Long ago they used to hand out Voting Slips as you went through the turnstiles at CR. The system now is akin to them handing out those slips at the away turnstiles.

Surely it's worse than that, as at least those away fans would have seen one game. The way it is absolutely anyone can vote. 

On the recent fans forum the club said they were aware of the spurs / Skipp issue and a supporters number would be required to vote to avoid this on the POTS  vote. 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The thing is, the form does actually ask for a supporter number, but if I'm not mistaken it was optional. Or is this a secret way to root out potentially dodgy votes?

It does, and if you don't have one it asks for an address. 

Nowt to stop anyone voting, and voting multiple times with fake/other postal/email addresses. 

Emi, Skipp, Pukki should probably be the order, but any one of those 3 would be worthy winners, as would Hanley, Max or possibly even Todd. 

Emi for me has been so hot since his last red card, seems to have turned a corner in managing his temperament which is a big achievement for him.

So many options, Olly runs it close but Emi the stand out for me................ should be the Championship POTS too.

Has been magical and completely unplayable at times, 50% more assists than the next nearest player is amazing.

I think anyone of Emi, Max, Hanley, Skipp or Pukki could genuinely have an argument. For me....

Emi 1st, Pukki 2nd, Skipp 3rd. Max could quite easily replace Skipp, IMO. 

Think it’s interesting to ‘use’ the vote in the way that Farke-Webber might do. In effect - what does the club ‘gain’ most from?

For that reason anything that encourages Skipp to stay next season is worth throwing into the pot.

If it is simply ‘who is the best player?’ then Emi should win every year, every month, every day.

For me then:

1. Skipp (stay)

2. Emi (Best and been brilliant anyway)

3. Grizzly (Engine for Champs success) 

If there was any other award I’d also like to send ‘love’ to Todd (needs it)

Parma 

• Like 1