Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Vaguely on-topic: Euro 2020 Panini Sticker Collection.

With the Euros fast approaching, I was wondering if anyone else on here (or their kids/grandkids/other relatives) are collecting the Panini Euro 2020 stickers?

I'm a big kid, so I've done every major tournament since 2002, and I look forward to the 'got, got, need' of the sticker collection almost as much as the tournament itself!

There are only three NCFC players in the album: Teemu Pukki (197), Tim Krul (270) and Kenny McLean (450). No Hanley, weirdly.

If anyone wants to put their swaps list on here, feel free... I've got a fair few swaps already, so happy to exchange lists with anyone else who might be collecting them.

I assume the album was made last year and then just held back until the tournament date was rearranged, as a result Hanley wasn't in the Scotland squad at the time

26 minutes ago, AJ said:

I assume the album was made last year and then just held back until the tournament date was rearranged, as a result Hanley wasn't in the Scotland squad at the time

I did wonder that, but Phil Foden's in there and he hadn't even made his international debut when the album would have been made originally...?

10 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

With the Euros fast approaching, I was wondering if anyone else on here (or their kids/grandkids/other relatives) are collecting the Panini Euro 2020 stickers?:

I’ve bought the Euro 2020 Tournament album last week although haven’t yet put any stickers in it. I will definitely be collecting them and very happy to swap with anyone on here in the coming weeks.

10 hours ago, AJ said:

Panini put out the Euro 2020 Preview album last year, with the teams that had qualified in it. The playoffs hadn’t been played when it was released so there are a few pages in the back that set out the possible pathways, but no stickers for those teams. I think the Preview album was a bit of a money spinner for Panini or possibly a future rare collectible, who knows. I bought it as I have a bit of a sticker book addiction and needed a fix!

Just be careful to buy the Tournament sticker packs, especially if you buy from eBay or online, as they look very similar to the Preview sticker packs at a glance. The Tournament packs are mainly orange with a bit of blue, the Preview packs are almost all blue but both say Euro 2020 on them.

Edited by Hansterbubble
  • Thanks 1

OMG - I used to be a huge Panini fan and I have a box of albums in the loft from the 70s onwards. I managed to wean myself off them in the 90s because of the cost. I didn't even get the NCFC set to my shame.

However, I made the mistake of following a Panini Collectors group on FB recently for a bit of nostalgia and I think I may be falling off the wagon. I have resisted so far seeing just how must these guys spend on boxes of these at a time but I still picked up a free album at the co-op the other day...I'm slipping...

Hi everyone, my name is Drazen Muzinic...and I...and I...am a football sticker collector...

• Haha 1

That’s really funny Drazen, can I join your support group!

As this is a safe space can I admit to filling 2 of the recent NCFC albums this winter and then buying a third. I decided to keep that as a mint empty album as even I started to think it was getting a bit out of hand. The Norwich City FC Sticker group on Facebook are a great bunch and will help anyone who is collecting get the last few they need. I know you can get them from Archant but swapping your way to completion is sooo satisfying.