Do you have a NCFC claim to fame.??  I have a couple. 

1 - I’m in the Bayern Munich (home) program. I’m in a action shot behind Bryan gunn’s goal. With my mate just above the crossbar. 

2 - Remember years ago they filmed ‘Match of The days’ starting scene at carrow road. With the big banner. You could see me holding the banner.... 👍 (if I remember rightly only a few people was asked to go and they filmed in the lower River end at the time) 

so every time it came on the tv, my ugly face was on..... haha 

OTBC 

• Like 2

About 15 odd years ago, I was the Norwich supporter on Sky’s advert for the Premier League that was used throughout the 2004/2005 season - it went from Thierry Henry scoring a goal, to a close up of me in the face of the camera celebrating a goal with clenched fists and an apple in my mouth (don’t ask ha ha). The video footage was actually taken at Fratton Park the season before when we lost 3-2, but obviously we got promoted in the end that year. Was a bit weird being in a pub somewhere watching a Premier League game and seeing yourself on TV every half time that season though.

• Like 1

When we beat Wolves in the play off first leg back in 2002, the Evening News front page had a full page picture of a cheering fan under the headline 'We Can Do It' 

That fan was me.... 

• Like 1

The BBC came with us on a coach to Wembley in 2015. Our day was filmed and shown on Look East on the Monday. They got in touch because Duncan wrote a blog about it being 30 years since I took him to Wembley for the League Cup final and this time he was taking his son Liam. Along with me, Helen and her son Ryan. We even managed to get some PUPs on the bus too. Fantastic day!🙃 

• Like 1

I was the 2012/13 Aviva fan of the season, much to the annoyance of a few on here! At the time I was running the Capital Canaries away travel and that was the basis of my nomination.

I was quite vocal in my dislike for Chris Hughton's managerial style and some felt that the award shouldn't go to someone questioning the club as they persevered with Hughton (I wasn't a happy clapper). I was also lambasted for mentioning a conversation that I'd had with MWJ in the bar of Bafta where he openly agreed with my opinions on Hughton and also Neil Adams and the youth team. 

The trophy has pride of place in my office. 

6 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Oh, go on people, show us all your article scans and clip stills.. you know you want to

Screenshot_2021-04-13-05-55-04-84.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the late 70's we won away at West Ham and didn't win another away game for 2 years till we won 4-2 at Everton. I went to every one of those games. A quite miserable claim to fame.

• Haha 1

I was a scout for the academy covering Suffolk. I was asked to attend an FA Youth 3rd Round cup tie - Bury Town vs Blackburn. I was asked to review a few of the Bury Town outfield players 

None caught the eye . But the GK had a good game , was tall and generally looked the part . 

I called in my report the next day and mentioned the GK. was told that we didn’t need any more Goalkeepers , and as Ipswich had released the lad in question we didn’t need their cast offs . 

The GK was Nick Pope . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Ok I'll bite!

1. My mum is close work buddies with Todd Cantwell's mum in Tesco Dereham.

2. In that 18/19 season during pre season, me and my friend went to see Norwich play King's Lynn. 

At the time we had a thing where we'd photo bomb people taking pictures by pulling a gurn called 'Troll Face', so we both thought it'd be a laugh to try and get Daniel Farke in a photo.

After half-time the team came back out and I was a few pints in, and because there was no dug out so to speak, (from memory, Daniel and go were sat on patio chairs on gravel) I was able to lean over the rail and ask for a photo. 

Happy days, I got one, I snuck troll face in much to the amusement of another chap standing by, and we were stoked we managed to get the shot as he only did a photo with me.

A day later, I'm at work and my friend sends me a link to the EDP match report. I ask him why and he says scroll to the end of the photo reel you get with the reports. So I do so and right at the end the EDP photographer had taken a snap of me and Farke from afar with me in full troll face mode!

How we laughed! But it gets better...

The day after I'm in Norwich sauntering around when my mum messages me saying she was at work and noticed on the back of the EDP newspaper the same website photo of me and Farke blown up with the headline 'Farke feels transfer pressure has eased'!

A bit long winded I know, but it was quite funny from what was just a bit of a wee-take! 

Moral here is, don't play pranks on popular football coaches when media cameras are around...

B9E858CF-FFEB-41B1-8635-274C95ECD517.JPG

3663843c-d422-4fe0-a58c-3ae80f45c58a.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

👏

Nice one Ken* and Trollface (so far!)

*Shame they got your headline wrong as We Ken Hairy Do It! is what everyone actually wanted

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

About 15 odd years ago, I was the Norwich supporter on Sky’s advert for the Premier League that was used throughout the 2004/2005 season - it went from Thierry Henry scoring a goal, to a close up of me in the face of the camera celebrating a goal with clenched fists and an apple in my mouth (don’t ask ha ha). The video footage was actually taken at Fratton Park the season before when we lost 3-2, but obviously we got promoted in the end that year. Was a bit weird being in a pub somewhere watching a Premier League game and seeing yourself on TV every half time that season though.

We must've been sat close because me and my mate were on the sky footage celebrating at Fratton Park, front row. I remember it because it got me busted skiving school. I left early to get on the coach. The next day, unbeknown to me my English teacher heard our PE teacher mention that he saw me on the TV the previous night, and when she asked why I missed her class yesterday I fell into her trap and said I wasn't feeling too well. Her response, "I see, well enough for a trip to Portsmouth to watch football but not well enough for my English lesson".

It was one of the few occasions in my life that I've had no comeback.

When you watch the players walk out of the dressing rooms towards the entrance of the pitch , there is a wall sized picture in black and white of a big bloke. Perfect pic really and is on sky ever time we are televised.

Not me but I think he would win this hands down as he must be chuffed to bits with it.

3 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

See the source image

Are you Sam Byram's second cousin twice removed?

• Haha 1

Photo of the wife was featured in the calendar one year (not sure if that was a good thing or not), whilst my face was cropped out (definitely a good thing).

As a Norwich supporter, I was interviewed by local media when Norwich played NZ in Auckland in 1980. I also provided a biography of the club for Wellington newspapers and the NZFA.

And had to point out to them the name was Justin Fashanu not Justin Fanshy.

I then met the players at Auckland Airport the next day.

1 hour ago, Mr Tea said:

When you watch the players walk out of the dressing rooms towards the entrance of the pitch , there is a wall sized picture in black and white of a big bloke. Perfect pic really and is on sky ever time we are televised.

Not me but I think he would win this hands down as he must be chuffed to bits with it.

Is it Waveney?🙃

I got hot and sweaty with Daniel Farke, does that count?

In a sauna..

Edited by kirku

Went out up the City after beating Derby 2-1. Kevin Harper got sent off that game, and we went 1-0 down.

Anyway at the end of my eve I was taking a leak behind the 24hr gym, when Crouchy came racing round to do the same.

joined him and Kevin Harper for a lock in down PWR.

Next thing i know i am in Crouchy's room at Dunston Hall drinking Vodka red bulls. I got on at him as his NCFC gear was just chucked on the floor.

Eventually he gave me 20quid for a taxi home. Gutted as bought his books thinking i would get a mention but sadly know.

19 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

We must've been sat close because me and my mate were on the sky footage celebrating at Fratton Park, front row. I remember it because it got me busted skiving school.

I feel the need to out Darren Needham for skiving school on the day of the Norwich - Inter Milan match and then taking the next day off to make it more believable.

23 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Ok I'll bite!

1. My mum is close work buddies with Todd Cantwell's mum in Tesco Dereham.

2. In that 18/19 season during pre season, me and my friend went to see Norwich play King's Lynn. 

At the time we had a thing where we'd photo bomb people taking pictures by pulling a gurn called 'Troll Face', so we both thought it'd be a laugh to try and get Daniel Farke in a photo.

After half-time the team came back out and I was a few pints in, and because there was no dug out so to speak, (from memory, Daniel and go were sat on patio chairs on gravel) I was able to lean over the rail and ask for a photo. 

Happy days, I got one, I snuck troll face in much to the amusement of another chap standing by, and we were stoked we managed to get the shot as he only did a photo with me.

A day later, I'm at work and my friend sends me a link to the EDP match report. I ask him why and he says scroll to the end of the photo reel you get with the reports. So I do so and right at the end the EDP photographer had taken a snap of me and Farke from afar with me in full troll face mode!

How we laughed! But it gets better...

The day after I'm in Norwich sauntering around when my mum messages me saying she was at work and noticed on the back of the EDP newspaper the same website photo of me and Farke blown up with the headline 'Farke feels transfer pressure has eased'!

A bit long winded I know, but it was quite funny from what was just a bit of a wee-take! 

Moral here is, don't play pranks on popular football coaches when media cameras are around...

3663843c-d422-4fe0-a58c-3ae80f45c58a.JPG

Does Todd's mum still work at Tesco? 

By no means shooting at that but perplexed by it. Strange to think that considering Todd's financial position. I guess it's a social life as well for her! 

Im unsure how much of a link mine is but when Snodgrass went to hull, I and a mate house cleared the house snoddy was to move into inHull (the very nice part) snoddy had just bought my friends fathers place. 

He was friendly enough but did little for the prejudice of footballers not being blessed with brains

The title winning squad of 2003/4 gatecrashed our Norwich Union work do at Delaneys, joining us on the top floor as they were getting a bit harassed downstairs. 

Chatting with Hucks, singing We Are The Champions with McVeigh and Drury, seeing Greeno's bare **** as he pulled down his pants and waddled around... 

It gets a brief mention in Iwan's book. 

Great night. 

• Like 1

I have a few:

1. Every year the town I grew up in has a Christmas parade when the lights are switched on, and each year they have a theme for the kids to dress up in. When I was around 8 years old the theme was 'pirates' and I won first prize. I was overjoyed when Ian Crook presented me with my prize - Hook on VHS.

2. Was probably around 1994 when I went to see Norwich play Blackburn and ended up being snapped cheering behind the goal and in the calendar the following year.

3. Around 2002 I was in the (former) Fitness Exchange (opposite the train station) Jacuzzi with my girlfriend, when Darrell Russell came in and chatted with us for about 20 minutes.

I was directly in line (stood in the Barclay) with Justin Fashanu's Goal of the Season v Liverpool in 1980.

I believe I am the only person who can claim that.

• Haha 1

Far too many to mention.......😁  However, very proud of having to teach Mylene Klass the words to On The Ball City in the Gunn Club just before she was meant to be leading the singing prior to a game.

• Thanks 1