Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

Sheff Utd

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

So you don't believe Bielsa has made Dallas a better player permanently then?😀

That remains to be seen.....obviously, durrr!

17 hours ago, sgncfc said:

You lot are barking mad. Sheff Utd have some very decent players, just as we did when we were relegated, just not enough of them to compete in that league. Like us, if they keep them together, they will have a great chance of coming straight back.

Brewster could work for us, but we can't afford him. O'Connell is a super player - again, we probably can't afford him. Lundstram, if he's motivated, is exactly the type of player we don't have. Egan is a very dependable, solid player; so is Baldock. Berge is way, way beyond us.

All of them would enhance our squad.

We can't afford any of the Leeds players we would want, nor would they join Norwich. Get a grip!

We have more chance of nicking someone from West Brom - Perreira would do me, but again probably too expensive. I'd still have Ajayi and he might be in our price range.

Fulham are coming down too - Lookman will be too much, so will Reed and Andersen, but I've always liked Tom Cairney and his career has gone backwards - an ideal signing as a squad player with a couple of good years left in him. A better version of Hourihane.

I think you may have missed the point in this and shouldve read what was actually said re Leeds players. At no point was anyone even suggesting we would be able to afford those players from Leeds, or would they want to come here. Course they wouldnt. The point was being made about how well Bielsa had done with that squad of players because they likes of Raphina, Harrison & Phillip's are the only ones we would want. 

I would take Mbappe & Haaland, doesnt mean I think we could sign them.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Strange sheffield Utd fans don't come here to chat anymore....

Leeds fans come on here again now. After, apart from brief flurries, virtually disappearing for over ten years.

7 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

So you don't believe Bielsa has made Dallas a better player permanently then?😀

Not really. I would liken it to Lambert's influence on many of our squad when he was here. It was a team mostly recruited from league 1 and 2, yet he made them into an effective unit who rarely gave anyone an easy game. Despite our success, none of that team went on to bigger and better things. 

If Dallas moved to a bigger club, then I'd be sure that he would emulate Danny Drinkwater at Chelsea and just warm the bench. 

4 hours ago, Move Klose said:

I think you may have missed the point in this and shouldve read what was actually said re Leeds players. At no point was anyone even suggesting we would be able to afford those players from Leeds, or would they want to come here. Course they wouldnt. The point was being made about how well Bielsa had done with that squad of players because they likes of Raphina, Harrison & Phillip's are the only ones we would want. 

I would take Mbappe & Haaland, doesnt mean I think we could sign them.

Oh come on MK, who would you realistically drop to accommodate them?

On 12/04/2021 at 10:08, Yellow and Green said:

Quite right. From their team, I would probably only take Raphina, Harrison and Philips.

OK, so if your point is what a great job Bielsa has done in improving his players, like Wilding did, just to clarify, you wouldn't take Robin Koch, Meslier, Roberts, Ayling, Llorente, Costa, or Rodrigo? Five of those purchased for the Premier League by the way, along with Raphina. Phillips, Cooper and Harrison were very decent players in the Championship and have stepped on. All of them would walk into our squad.

So Bielsa has markedly improved only a few players, and even then only marginally - Bamford, Dallas, Roberts (maybe) and Ayling. The rest were either already good enough or were replaced. The Leeds squad is now a comfortable mid-table EPL squad with the potentail to move forward with or without Bielsa. He's done a great job, and a much better one than Wilding because of the quality he has now assembled.

22 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

That my friend, cuts both ways. Wonder how our feeder club’s pursuit of Cantwell and Buendia is going these days?

No, I can't agree. Leeds have a squad now which is streets ahead of ours. Buendia would probably be a starter for them; not sure Cantwell would be. Apart from Buendia maybe only Krul would improve upon what they currently have as first choice.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

No, I can't agree. Leeds have a squad now which is streets ahead of ours. Buendia would probably be a starter for them; not sure Cantwell would be. Apart from Buendia maybe only Krul would improve upon what they currently have as first choice.

I think Aarons gets in.

Leeds have some very good players, don't get me wrong, but I think the team is far greater than the sum of its parts, all things considered. Players like Ayling, Cooper, Klich, Alioski and Dallas are decent players, but they're all regulars for a team that's ninth in the Premier League and I'm not sure if they're that good as individuals. 

This is not me intending to be critical of those players, but if you compare the Leeds squad man-for-man with other mid-table teams, then the others are stronger. Bielsa is just doing a fantastic job of getting the absolute maximum from the players at his disposal.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think Aarons gets in.

Leeds have some very good players, don't get me wrong, but I think the team is far greater than the sum of its parts, all things considered. Players like Ayling, Cooper, Klich, Alioski and Dallas are decent players, but they're all regulars for a team that's ninth in the Premier League and I'm not sure if they're that good as individuals. 

This is not me intending to be critical of those players, but if you compare the Leeds squad man-for-man with other mid-table teams, then the others are stronger. Bielsa is just doing a fantastic job of getting the absolute maximum from the players at his disposal.

Completely agree that Bielsa has done a great job with these players - but comparing him to Wilder and suggesting that if he were to leave they would collapse in the same way is what I am questioning. Sheff Utd collapsed when Wilder was still there and he didn't recruit well. When you look at the rest of the Leeds squad it is seriously good quality - these Champs players are keeping them out because of the way they have stepped up and been improved but if they fall away, Leeds have real quality to step in. Unlike Sheff Utd.

16 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Completely agree that Bielsa has done a great job with these players - but comparing him to Wilder and suggesting that if he were to leave they would collapse in the same way is what I am questioning. Sheff Utd collapsed when Wilder was still there and he didn't recruit well. When you look at the rest of the Leeds squad it is seriously good quality - these Champs players are keeping them out because of the way they have stepped up and been improved but if they fall away, Leeds have real quality to step in. Unlike Sheff Utd.

I agree with you there. Bielsa is doing a phenomenal job, but they wouldn't collapse in the same way Sheffield United did because they do have better players. Wilder and Bielsa are also very difficult to compare as they are quite different, as are the way the clubs have been run in the last couple of years.

On 13/04/2021 at 18:20, sgncfc said:

Streets ahead? No way - their squad is still largely made up of players from the Championship, which really doesn’t make them streets ahead, that’s a bit strong a claim for me. But I guess we’ll find out next season.