Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

Sheff Utd

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Always liked John Fleck there

There's Fleck again !!!!

4 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Got it now, sorry but my crystal ball is out being serviced atm. 

• Haha 1

Sheffield United are a bag o' shíte. 

Is our fairly pathetic record after 38 games last year in any danger of being surpassed?

Norwich City   38 5 6 27 26 75 -49 21
Blunts               31 4 2 25 17 55 -38 14

This is how we looked after 31 games following the 0-1 loss at home against Everton last June during that depressing post-lockdown 10 game losing spell. Seems like a while ago now!

Norwich City   31 5 6 20 25 56 -31 21

I'm wondering if Sheff U will clinch relegation before Norwich clinch promotion.
Either way, I think that these will be the first two confirmed items this season.

John Egan always struck me as a good centre-half we could use, and he's been out most of the season.

Berge might be the only one I'd look at ...injured for a lot of this season , so maybe not quite so tarnished as the rest of them

Big strong midfielder, which is something we're going to need

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Bogle the RB if Max goes.

Berge is good but will cost alot and was linked to Man City.

Brewtser will be good at a side that plays to his strengths but another who will cost upwards of £20m+.

The 2 CBs are good, Egan & O'Connell.

That's about it tho.

Lundstram is a bit of a brute in midfield who would be useful in certain games, but otherwise, not really.

52 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not a single one..... 

This. This is the only answer. They had one good season in the Prem and then got found out for the frauds they are.

Don't want any of them even near us.

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This. This is the only answer. They had one good season in the Prem and then got found out for the frauds they are.

Don't want any of them even near us.

What about our one terrible season in the prem?

They have a couple of decent players, but they'll be way overpriced.

Most of their squad is full of bang average Championship players, who were made into an organised unit under Wilder - something I pointed out last season when that Sheff Utd fan came on here, claiming they were God's gift to football. 

I actually feel the same towards Leeds. If Bielsa were to leave at the end of the season, I think they'd sink like a stone.

3 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

They have a couple of decent players, but they'll be way overpriced.

Most of their squad is full of bang average Championship players, who were made into an organised unit under Wilder - something I pointed out last season when that Sheff Utd fan came on here, claiming they were God's gift to football. 

I actually feel the same towards Leeds. If Bielsa were to leave at the end of the season, I think they'd sink like a stone.

You look at Leeds, see the likes of Cooper, Alioski, Dallas etc doing well for them. Bielsa has worked a miracle to get this squad of players where they are.

Same as Sheff u, how do you get a side with Basham, Mcgoldrick, Sharp, Norwood etc to a top half premier league finish. 

10 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

You look at Leeds, see the likes of Cooper, Alioski, Dallas etc doing well for them. Bielsa has worked a miracle to get this squad of players where they are.

Same as Sheff u, how do you get a side with Basham, Mcgoldrick, Sharp, Norwood etc to a top half premier league finish. 

Quite right. From their team, I would probably only take Raphina, Harrison and Philips.

5 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Quite right. From their team, I would probably only take Raphina, Harrison and Philips.

You couldn't afford any of them.😀

5 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

I think Harrison is still technically a Man City player. 

You lot are barking mad. Sheff Utd have some very decent players, just as we did when we were relegated, just not enough of them to compete in that league. Like us, if they keep them together, they will have a great chance of coming straight back.

Brewster could work for us, but we can't afford him. O'Connell is a super player - again, we probably can't afford him. Lundstram, if he's motivated, is exactly the type of player we don't have. Egan is a very dependable, solid player; so is Baldock. Berge is way, way beyond us.

All of them would enhance our squad.

We can't afford any of the Leeds players we would want, nor would they join Norwich. Get a grip!

We have more chance of nicking someone from West Brom - Perreira would do me, but again probably too expensive. I'd still have Ajayi and he might be in our price range.

Fulham are coming down too - Lookman will be too much, so will Reed and Andersen, but I've always liked Tom Cairney and his career has gone backwards - an ideal signing as a squad player with a couple of good years left in him. A better version of Hourihane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

You lot are barking mad. Sheff Utd have some very decent players, just as we did when we were relegated, just not enough of them to compete in that league. Like us, if they keep them together, they will have a great chance of coming straight back.

Brewster could work for us, but we can't afford him. O'Connell is a super player - again, we probably can't afford him. Lundstram, if he's motivated, is exactly the type of player we don't have. Egan is a very dependable, solid player; so is Baldock. Berge is way, way beyond us.

All of them would enhance our squad.

We can't afford any of the Leeds players we would want, nor would they join Norwich. Get a grip!

We have more chance of nicking someone from West Brom - Perreira would do me, but again probably too expensive. I'd still have Ajayi and he might be in our price range.

Fulham are coming down too - Lookman will be too much, so will Reed and Andersen, but I've always liked Tom Cairney and his career has gone backwards - an ideal signing as a squad player with a couple of good years left in him. A better version of Hourihane.

They've got some decent players, but my point is that their managers, Bielsa and Wilder, have worked wonders and made each team greater than the sum of it's parts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

They've got some decent players, but my point is that their managers, Bielsa and Wilder, have worked wonders and made each team greater than the sum of it's parts.

Whilst both got their teams playing a certain way that was/is effective the biggest difference between the two is that Bielsa generally improves players, Dallas cost just over £1 million but how much is he worth now?

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

That my friend, cuts both ways. Wonder how our feeder club’s pursuit of Cantwell and Buendia is going these days?

Perhaps we should go on a SU fan forum and ask them which of their players might be worth buying. There's going to be a hell of a fire sale there to recoup a fraction of that £100m outlay.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Whilst both got their teams playing a certain way that was/is effective the biggest difference between the two is that Bielsa generally improves players, Dallas cost just over £1 million but how much is he worth now?

Dallas is a perfect example. Bang average player outperforming his usual ability due to excellent coaching from Bielsa.

Unless they upgrade on most of their team, I predict that they'll get relegated as soon as Bielsa leaves.

6 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Dallas is a perfect example. Bang average player outperforming his usual ability due to excellent coaching from Bielsa.

Unless they upgrade on most of their team, I predict that they'll get relegated as soon as Bielsa leaves.

So you don't believe Bielsa has made Dallas a better player permanently then?😀