dylanisabaddog

Looking for 3 teams worse than us next year

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Concern for" and "Leeds United" is a contradiction of terms Drayton. They are not liked.

Perhaps memories of past hooliganism linger (my harmless old man was 'attacked' by a yob one time. He was very shaken.)

Perhaps it's Don Revie's excellent but cynical team(s) that are recalled.

However with their size, support and history the Premier League is the rightful place for Leeds.

Only if they earn the right to stay there. 

On 13/04/2021 at 12:01, DraytonBoy said:

There has been a complete transformation at Leeds since 2017 both on and off the pitch but that a lot of that has gone unnoticed with most of the focus being on the appointment of Bielsa, the club is now structurally and financially sound and no longer needs to sell players to make ends meet. The owners are also fully aware that Bielsa will be gone soon so have a plan in place for the future but thanks for your concern. 😉

Who knows what will happen in the future. it all has to be conjecture but one thing is for sure is that life goes on. As has been said, there are some very solid foundations being laid and a youth team structure which is also coming on nicely. We have had a 2 or 3 consecutive very enjoyable seasons for us Leeds United fans and it seems a lot of neutrals have enjoyed watching our games. Next season? A few new faces and more of the same would do me fine. 

Congratulations to you Canaries on gaining promotion. The trick now is going to be to get set and ready for next season. Looks to me like you need to invest wisely and reasonably well otherwise there is a risk that you will sink back again. 

13 minutes ago, PhoenixUnited said:

Looks to me like you need to invest wisely and reasonably well otherwise there is a risk that you will sink back again. 

Looks to me as if Leeds will suffer the same fate as Sheff Utd next season. One good season and then not able to follow it up. 

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Looks to me as if Leeds will suffer the same fate as Sheff Utd next season. One good season and then not able to follow it up. 

Loving the new Lakey this morning.

Spikey 😉 

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Kind of hoping our ambition is more than being the 4th worst team in the premiership....

How about the 17th best?

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Kind of hoping our ambition is more than being the 4th worst team in the premiership....

I mean, it will be our first season back. Survival is the main goal, anything else is a bonus

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Loving the new Lakey this morning.

Spikey 😉 

One Babycham too many last night perhaps?😇

Replicate our transfer dealings upon the last promotion then were struggling. Show some ambition in the transfer market will give Norwich a fighting chance. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You can hope for that Bud. I suppose you can only see the scene from your own horizons?  What did Norwich gather in their last Premier League visits? 34 points and then a laughable 19!! 🤣 You'll need to do better than that!  Have no worries, Leeds will be likely to be doing much better than your Team next season. Unlike your last two efforts in the Premier League we stayed up and made a good fist of our  first season after promotion and are in much better stead than the Blunts ever have been. 

Let's see what happens eh? 

On 13/04/2021 at 13:54, nutty nigel said:

Somebody might check this and prove me wrong...

Since we were first promoted in 1972 I think we have spent more seasons in the top flight than Massive Leeds😯

You do realise they’ve won it twice too in that time? 

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You do realise they’ve won it twice too in that time? 

Amazing what you manage to find as a negative...

Was my stat right?

30 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Amazing what you manage to find as a negative...

Was my stat right?

I’m sure it was to go with all your others. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m sure it was to go with all your others. 

Nice to post positive stats though.

A bit weird Leeds fans using this forum to chat. But at least they go on ten year sabbaticals whilst they're in our shadow.

We never get a break from your negativity...

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Nice to post positive stats though.

A bit weird Leeds fans using this forum to chat. But at least they go on ten year sabbaticals whilst they're in our shadow.

We never get a break from your negativity...

Positive stat with limited facts, whatever turns you on NN. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Positive stat with limited facts, whatever turns you on NN. 

Have you added Leeds to the teams you "follow"...

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What on earth are you on about? Examples please. 

Coventry

Sheffield Utd (last season)

Norwich?

Edited by nutty nigel

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Coventry

Sheffield Utd (last season)

You forgot Brentford and Leeds! I’ll try your tried and trusted method and wear my yellow tinted spectacles 24/7. 

Just because one congratulates another club it’s not a personal attack on Norwich. Everyone on here supports Norwich, I know you struggle to grasp that but it’s true. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You forgot Brentford and Leeds! I’ll try your tried and trusted method and wear my yellow tinted spectacles 24/7. 

Just because one congratulates another club it’s not a personal attack on Norwich. Everyone on here supports Norwich, I know you struggle to grasp that but it’s true. 

They don't

Your buddies on this thread support Leeds.

BTW...

Have you found that wager yet?

Edited by nutty nigel