Forum has stopped working all together on my laptop even after learning cookies. Ok on this iPad tho

On 13/04/2021 at 17:17, Pete Raven said:

Can someone post a screengrab of the error message please.

Your request was answered @Pete Raven some days ago but obviously to no avail.

Until today I'd never had any problem with loading the forum up on my iPad, which is what I usually use. Today I've had to use my laptop though, as every time I've tried using my iPad today it's come up with this "Bad Request"

I don't know why it's happening though

Edited by HazzaJet

14 hours ago, Diane said:

I can get on with my phone now which is fine for reading but as from Sat night it won't now let me on with my laptop (chrome) which I use to post ncfsc posters & text.

It works if you clear cookies but can't do that regularly on my laptop as its inconvenient &  then have to accept cookies every time for all my regular websites.

Help  @Pete Raven  😀

This is a regular occurance on my Chromebook, and greeted me this morning.

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Using a Chromebook I have to clear the cache as well in order to get things up and running again.

I then need to sign in again for access to all my regular sites, browsing, email, banking details in full, newspapers, buying, PinkUn etc. Not normally needed as they are bookmarked.

It's a bit of a pain and of the twenty odd sites I use on a regular basis this one continually  gives more problems than all the others put together.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Using iPad to sign in, only ever happens after accessing main Pink Un homepage and then the message board. Not a problem if I don’t browse the Pink Un page. As with others clearing cookies and website data, rectifies the problem, just a pain having to sign in again and been happening for weeks now.

UPDATE: The issue has been identified and just waiting for a fix to be put in place. Will keep you updated.

• Like 1

Hi Pete,

Any up-date?

Fingers crossed hasn’t happened to me on my iPad for over a week now (don’t want to jinx it but..........).

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: AthQG8KnWVSNko4PGuQVCrcRQ85gAgsLTaxE_FdjO2COEvhHVRvsCA==

51 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Haven't been able been able to get on last 15 mins. Just getting the above.

For God's sake. We need you at 3.00 tomorrow. We had some other chap do it on Tuesday and he was rubbish. And we lost.

• Haha 2

Been off all week on iPhone but ok on tablet now back on iPhone 

Still unable to access at all via Chrome on Android, 'Bad Request' still ruling the roost.

Same here. A bit frustrating as IT only need to change one setting!

Its worse  ..... Chromebook.

I wrote out a lengthy reply to the thread about 'groundhog day,' but got that message when I clicked submit.

Cleared cache (second time today,) but all was lost.

Won't bother anymore.

Edited by BroadstairsR

22 hours ago, pearsos said:

Hi Pete,

Any up-date?

Fingers crossed hasn’t happened to me on my iPad for over a week now (don’t want to jinx it but..........).

Well I did jinx it 🤬 happened again this morning. Yes I can open in Safari  but that’s not the point.

Pete, instead of just saying will update you when.................. Can you please tell us what the problem is and why it’s taking so long to fix. You never know we might have an IT expert amongst us who can help.

Yes I know this is free but it’s performance is **** poor, taking 20 minutes to load up a new thread on Safari, seems to happen every Sat pm

Had no problem using my iPad in the past but last weekend I started getting this “bad request” when using it so had to resort to my laptop. Was still happening yesterday via my iPad but today it’s now working again. I don’t know what it is that caused it to happen/stop happening though 

14 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Had no problem using my iPad in the past but last weekend I started getting this “bad request” when using it so had to resort to my laptop. Was still happening yesterday via my iPad but today it’s now working again. I don’t know what it is that caused it to happen/stop happening though 

And it’s working ok again for me today also (on my ipad).

The script has now been updated.

You may see Bad Request once more but if it continually keeps appearing on the same device please let us know.

Not fixed at all!

Getting it on my iPad and android phone. 

Managed to get in on Chrome to post this.

It is not reasonable to expect users to be continually clearing history and cookies to access.

Get it sorted please!!!

3 minutes ago, Sussexyellow said:

Not fixed at all!

Getting it on my iPad and android phone. 

Managed to get in on Chrome to post this.

It is not reasonable to expect users to be continually clearing history and cookies to access.

Get it sorted please!!!

Did this happen after you cleared history and cookies?