I’ve had it on and off for the last 3 weeks, oddly I can look at the message board if I switch to a private window

Has it ever really gone away or is most posters have found a way to deal with the problem albeit causing a fair amount of inconvenience on mobiles and laptops ?

If it says something about headers then you just need to clear your history - its due to a cached image issue.

I had to Google it the other week. From the comments re: using a different browser or opening a private window in browser, it sounds like the same issue. Clearing history should solve it.

Edited by kick it off

Clearing history does solve it, but only temporarily.

It’s an issue that is a pinkun ‘exclusive’ so I guess ironically something they ought to be happy about!!

12 minutes ago, kick it off said:

If it says something about headers then you just need to clear your history - its due to a cached image issue.

I had to Google it the other week. From the comments re: using a different browser or opening a private window in browser, it sounds like the same issue. Clearing history should solve it.

I get this on my Android mobile, can't access the site at all. Have cleared cache and browsing history, hasn't made any difference 😞

I can access using Chrome on phone and tablet, but not on a laptop. All seems a bit random.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I get this on my Android mobile, can't access the site at all. Have cleared cache and browsing history, hasn't made any difference 😞

Your chrome app might need updating.

7 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Your chrome app might need updating.

Thanks, but my Auto-update is on. Have checked and there are no updates pending.

36 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Clearing history does solve it, but only temporarily.

It’s an issue that is a pinkun ‘exclusive’ so I guess ironically something they ought to be happy about!!

It's not just the Pink Un site per se - it's exclusive to access to the Forum as there's no issue with the main news tabs.Yes,clearing history does resolve the issue temporarily but I never have this problem on ANY other website 🙄

Somebody at Archant either needs to sort out why they are storing massive cookies, or just increase the client_header_buffer_size on nginx...

For me, (using an iPad), it comes and goes. If it does come up and won’t let me access in google I just open in Safari and it works fine.

As previously said, it seems that the only people who can solve the problem are The Pink Un.

Has always been fine for me using Chrome until I cleared cache/cookies a couple of weeks back. Now I can't view the forum on Chrome at all. Have been using Opera since then. 

Edit: As someone else noted above, it works fine in an incognito tab...

Edit 2: clearing cache/cookies again worked. 

Edited by Chip20
Had summat else to add.

Bloody frustrating that I can't access the site at all on mobile. Clearing history/cache makes no difference. @Pete Raven, any idea what's going on?

Yep, clearing the cache worked for a few minutes but Bad Request is back today. Back to using Opera or an incognito tab in Chrome now...

Weirdly what works for me is:

If I’m browsing in ‘non-private’ mode and get bad request, I switch to ‘private’ and it’s fine immediately.

If I’m browsing in ‘private’ mode and get bad request, I switch to ‘non-private’ and it’s fine immediately. 

Something in the way this forum has applied the cookie policy is clearly bananas. 

Issue is continuing to happen all the time on my ipad - clear website data but after opening up a few threads it's back again. 

All a bit pants really for a premier league teams forum website 😉

Come on pink un...sort it out!

This thread title just sounds like a DJ that doesn't like your taste in music

It's back !!!!!!!!!!

FCS .....Premier League team ................League 2 Forum 🙄

I can get on with my phone now which is fine for reading but as from Sat night it won't now let me on with my laptop (chrome) which I use to post ncfsc posters & text.

It works if you clear cookies but can't do that regularly on my laptop as its inconvenient &  then have to accept cookies every time for all my regular websites.

Help  @Pete Raven  😀

32 minutes ago, Diane said:

I can get on with my phone now which is fine for reading but as from Sat night it won't now let me on with my laptop (chrome) which I use to post ncfsc posters & text.

It works if you clear cookies but can't do that regularly on my laptop as its inconvenient &  then have to accept cookies every time for all my regular websites.

Help  @Pete Raven  😀

It only works short term Diane. I'm changing browser every fortnight. Obviously it's very worrying as this forum won't survive without my pearls of wisdom