Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

No 3pm kick-offs next Saturday

Just been announced that games will be moved so not to clash with the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh. 

Our game is already set to be an 8pm kick-off, assume that will not change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt Juler said:

Just been announced that games will be moved so not to clash with the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh. 

Our game is already set to be an 8pm kick-off, assume that will not change. 

Just checked Matt - we’re actually been pushed back to 3:45am Sunday morning!

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't think there were any Premier League or FA Cup games at 3 anyway, so it only really affects the EFL.

But I'm guessing the funeral will be a pretty lengthy affair, so switching kick offs to 12.30 or 5 won't make much difference in terms of a clash, will it?

Well if it goes on aslong as the coverage on BBC, reckon it will be put back a week.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Well if it goes on aslong as the coverage on BBC, reckon it will be put back a week.

Way way too much coverage on BBC 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Way way too much coverage on BBC 

I dread to think what will happen when the queen goes.

• Like 1

Just now, Move Klose said:

A load of progressive, kind people that just want peace and love will moan about it on Twitter and say she was a racist is my wild guess.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

A load of progressive, kind people that just want peace and love will moan about it on Twitter and say she was a racist is my wild guess.

Most 90+ year olds are massive racists. They grew up in a different era and find it hard to move with the times. Doesn't mean anyone shouldn't wish her well or mourn her eventual passing. Just not any more than when any other elderly lady passes.

• Like 2

Why would 90 year old be racist, when do you assume someone stops or starts being racist, don’t think Tommy Robinson is drawing his pension yet

Edited by daly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, daly said:

Why would 90 year old be racist, when do you assume someone stops being racist, don’t think Tommy Robinson is drawing his pension yet

It's not that younger people can't be racists  just that old people come from a time when prevailing views were different so, by default, they're more likely to hold opinions that are pretty unacceptable by modern standards.

• Like 1

I'm assuming that the rearrangement is down to the clubs with agreement with the EfL. In the original scheduling, Sky picked our game last. The way the last few games have gone, we could be promoted before playing so it could backfire but of course Bournemouth (who also play on Tuesday) are also in need of points. Therefore, in any rearrangements I'm expecting we are still on last unless some games are move to the Sunday - although this seems unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

I wonder if the whole schedule might be moved to Sunday, so we'd be 8pm Sunday evening? 

That would really mess with the Sky schedule surely as  far as their planned Sunday programmes go ?

8 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

I wonder if the whole schedule might be moved to Sunday, so we'd be 8pm Sunday evening? 

With a full midweek schedule on April 20/21, I can't see any Saturday games moving to Sunday as most games include a team that will play on Tuesday.

I'm thinking 12 or 5 on Saturday, or possibly even a Friday night switch for those who don't have fixtures this week (April 13/14).

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Nah ****. When the Queen dies we get a day off for mourning and a day off for the coronation. For two days off they can do what the **** they want to terrestrial TV. Hell, for two days off they can do what they want to my wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Nah ****. When the Queen dies we get a day off for mourning and a day off for the coronation. For two days off they can do what the **** they want to terrestrial TV. Hell, for two days off they can do what they want to my wife

🤞 Crossed it's a week day, we get sent home, 🙈 Sorry Liz

IMG-20210410-WA0000.jpg

6 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

🤞 Crossed it's a week day, we get sent home, 🙈 Sorry Liz

IMG-20210410-WA0000.jpg

I knew there was a reason we revered people based on what v@gina they slid out of.

3 hours ago, Move Klose said:

There will be a whole year of this nonsense. 

50 minutes ago, City fan said:

Why move anything for the old duffer. 

You really are an ignorant person

• Haha 1

Whatever your personal views are on the royal family , why can't people just show respect for some one who has passed away? 

What a society we live in. 

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Whatever your personal views are on the royal family , why can't people just show respect for some one who has passed away? 

It is a little bit difficult to show respect. If you do you end up looking like Piers Morgan 20210410_143041.thumb.jpg.e4ad876b950ca592b5e3a84feba8cf7a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Indeed.

In a year when well over 120,000 people have died too soon from a virus, we should all grieve the passing of a 99 year old man succumbing to old age.

Entertainment should be curtailed, government should be partially shutdown, little kids playing football should stand in solumn silence.

We should all watch wall-to-wall media coverage fronted by tearful reporters, while billboards beam his visage at us from all angles.

Forget that those same reporters spent years broadcasting his insults and racial slurs. Now he is the best of us.

And don't worry about the 119,999 others. They shared a minute's silence. They had their turn.

But this one? This one was really special. 8 days of national mourning should suffice. Suppress any rational thoughts and, whatever you do, remember to doff your cap, peasant.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, kirku said:

Indeed.

In a year when well over 120,000 people have died from a virus, we should all grieve the passing of the queen's husband.

Entertainment should be curtailed, government should be partially shutdown, little kids playing football should stand in solumn silence.

We should all watch wall-to-wall media coverage fronted by tearful reporters, while billboards beam his visage at us from all angles.

Forget that those same reporters spent years broadcasting his insults and racial slurs. Now he is the best of us.

And don't worry about the 119,999 others. This one was really special. Doff your cap, peasant.

I refer you to the earlier post by The Real Buh.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Most people have sensibly blocked him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

A humourless and witless troll account that's essentially a tribute act to alt-right memes? I'll pass.

If there's a point here that you'd like to discuss, I'm all ears.

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Most people have sensibly blocked him.

Beat me to it

7 minutes ago, kirku said:

I'm all ears.

I hear there's an operation for that nowadays.😉

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

While we have our “moments” on here, I agree completely with this. There is so much talk about how we now have a more tolerant society and yet people can’t wait to jump on the internet or have a protest because they’re not getting their way. Respect seems to be a thing of the past.

• Thanks 1