Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

That magic 90 points total

I look at the remaining Fixtures slightly differently.

Games towards the end of the season can become nothing games as players look towards the summer, new contracts, moves etc and how many times have we seen teams just go through the motions.

Of the games left for those chasing us I think the following games will have more relevance.

Watford - Luton, Us, Brentford and Swansea.

Brentford - Bournemouth and Watford

Swansea - Sheff Wed, Wycombe, Reading, Derby (potentially) and Watford.

If I was Watford I'd be looking over my shoulder as Brentford do have a really good chance of catching them.

For completion we have 3 sticky fixtures in Bournemouth, Watford, Reading and Barnsley.

That makes yesterday's result huge with just getting the job done 😁

I don’t think Watford have it as sewn up as people think. With their fixtures, if we can beat them, I reckon that’d put Brentford or Swansea in a great position to nick second from them.

• Like 1

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

I don’t think Watford have it as sewn up as people think. With their fixtures, if we can beat them, I reckon that’d put Brentford or Swansea in a great position to nick second from them.

I agree as per my point above 👍

• Like 1

I’m pretty certain if we were in Watford’s position right now this message board would be more concentrated on pant wetting about keeping second spot than it would be looking at top put it that way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

_PmbKsoz.jpeg

History would say it's enough to go up, but is it?

Thanks Cambridge. I wouldn’t have had any idea if you hadn’t started a new thread on it . 

14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone know if any teams in the championship have reached 90 points and not been promoted?

Sunderland did it I think and went up in the playoffs 

Just discovered we've won as many games as we did in the whole of 2018-19 - with 5 games still to go. I can't see us losing again to be honest. Tough games in Watford and Bournemouth but we are at home for both and confidence is high. I think we really could hit 100 points, which would be incredible.