Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

That magic 90 points total

Yes, of course it is. Enough for champions is a different matter. 

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

_PmbKsoz.jpeg

History would say it's enough to go up, but is it?

You can't honestly believe swansea and brentford will win 6 out of 6. 87 points was enough 

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

You can't honestly believe swansea and brentford will win 6 out of 6. 87 points was enough 

Oh they cant, they still have play one another anyway.

Never mind, I think it’s not that Brentford and Swansea can’t go on a 5 or 6 game winning run each, because that’s not particularly unbelievable. What’s far more unlikely is that the best team in the league suddenly lose 5 in a row!

The latter won’t happen. The former won’t happen. The combination won’t happen. 

But if anyone wants to lump 25 pence on it and retire on Necker Island then I say good luck to you! 🏝

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone know if any teams in the championship have reached 90 points and not been promoted?

Yes, I think Brighton finished 3rd on 91 a few years back. Then went up automatically the next season.

BBC say Sunderland on 90 and Brighton on 89. It’s just a matter of time and maths now. I think 84 or maybe 85 points will be enough for top 2 spots once all the games are played. 

87E87C1D-7BF4-4908-8049-511A4EF87E21.png

11 minutes ago, Hansterbubble said:

BBC say Sunderland on 90 and Brighton on 89. It’s just a matter of time and maths now. I think 84 or maybe 85 points will be enough for top 2 spots once all the games are played. 

87E87C1D-7BF4-4908-8049-511A4EF87E21.png

Yes, I was wrong about Brighton who got 89 not 90, so only Sunderland, but quite a long time ago.

Nice to see 1p5wich failing on 86👍

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Never mind, I think it’s not that Brentford and Swansea can’t go on a 5 or 6 game winning run each, because that’s not particularly unbelievable. What’s far more unlikely is that the best team in the league suddenly lose 5 in a row!

The latter won’t happen. The former won’t happen. The combination won’t happen. 

But if anyone wants to lump 25 pence on it and retire on Necker Island then I say good luck to you! 🏝

Especially when we've lost 5 out of 41 games. So the chances of us losing 5 out of 5 are not looking too likely.

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Especially when we've lost 5 out of 41 games. So the chances of us losing 5 out of 5 are not looking too likely.

Wouldn’t have thought so, MK!

On another note, does anyone know if a team have not been automatically promoted on 105 points?

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Wouldn’t have thought so, MK!

On another note, does anyone know if a team have not been automatically promoted on 105 points?

🤣🤣🤣

105 points really wouldn’t surprise me, but if nothing else really want to join the 100 points club. The team, management and everyone behind the scenes have been brilliant and deserve some lasting recognition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hansterbubble said:

105 points really wouldn’t surprise me, but if nothing else really want to join the 100 points club. The team, management and everyone behind the scenes have been brilliant and deserve some lasting recognition.

I agree, they deserve the title, and the 100 points.

Let's not forget Watford have a tricky run in aswell. Starting with a big derby away on saturday.

Screenshot_20210410-200338_FlashScore UK.jpg

I’d not much of a pundit, but I’d say Watford will get WLWDW so 10 more points taking them to 92 in total. One more win should do it then! 😁👍🏆🏆🏆🏆

2 hours ago, Hansterbubble said:

I’d not much of a pundit, but I’d say Watford will get WLWDW so 10 more points taking them to 92 in total. One more win should do it then! 😁👍🏆🏆🏆🏆

Importantly for us avoiding defeat will be key vs them. A draw will do vs them

Win our next match to confirm promotion and them absolutely no pressure and they can just go out and enjoy themselves, can see 100+

It's not inconceivable we could lose the next five matches, it is unlikely, but looking at the fixtures, they are tough ones. If Swansea or Brentford somehow managed to win all their remaining games - which is possible, it could still get interesting, but if we keep our intensity and play like we know we can, we'll be ok.  Complacency won't be allowed, I am sure, it is just getting over the line that we need to do and hopefully we can do that next week.

Would be lovely to clinch promotion with 3 points against Bourn-mothballs and then get crowned champions against Watford as a) we came down with them, b) they were seen (by the pundits) as bigger favourites than us, and c), both games are on the telebox! ...which is the best we can hope for in these times. It could happen?! OTBC 

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not inconceivable we could lose the next five matches, it is unlikely, but looking at the fixtures, they are tough ones. If Swansea or Brentford somehow managed to win all their remaining games - which is possible, it could still get interesting, but if we keep our intensity and play like we know we can, we'll be ok.  Complacency won't be allowed, I am sure, it is just getting over the line that we need to do and hopefully we can do that next week.

Are you for real. We've lost 5 games all season. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

sorry LDC, this is crazy talk. It was 1/100 2 weeks ago, 1/500 last week...now you cant put a bet on us not getting promotion. The bookies know.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Yes, I was wrong about Brighton who got 89 not 90, so only Sunderland, but quite a long time ago.

Nice to see 1p5wich failing on 86👍

Surprised they didn't get a star for it 😂 

5 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Are you for real. We've lost 5 games all season. 

I stopped reading his comment as soon as I'd read the first nonsensical line. 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I said it was unlikely.

Utterly ridiculous. We are up already, they wont get more than 86 points. Its clearly done. 

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Contrary Mary 👍🏼

Promotion is done, 6 more points for the title I would think