Don't think I have ever seen a much I don't want either side to win. Oh well, guess I gotta support MK due to the Norwich links, and no way in hell am I ever hoping Ipswich win a match regardless of who they play

... Much as the idea of supporting a club like MK makes me feel ill

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

This weird obsession with some random League 1 club is embarrassing. We're on the verge of promotion in our most successful season ever (at this level). Let's focus on Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's with this overused word 'obsession?'

I,  and am sure many others can be included, enjoy taking an interest in this 'random League 1 club' because they happen to be our long-standing rivals and many of us actually have issues in our memory banks.

I quite resent this little lecture every time there is a posting about ITFC. I post what I want. I also read the postings I want and suggest you do the same.

What could be easier than ignoring  posts about the binners if they offend you so much? It is not as if they are difficult to detect.

Incidentally, and while I'm at it,  perhaps you could better use your time criticising those on this forum who engage in regular. tedious and ongoing and little spats or name calling  or even those who engage others with a stupid variety of forum names.

Binner posts are benign compared to that nonsense.    

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 6

More than the point about the binners, why so against MK Dons?  Surely we can move on from the Wimbledon connection - after all Wimbledon have their club back now anyway - they've even returned to Plough Lane.  So MK Dons are a bona fide club, so why the angst?   Good Norwich connections too and I look out for their score each week hoping they do well.  No-one likes what happened to Wimbledon twenty plus years ago, but do MK still need to be castigated  about it? Or is there some other reason for the dislike? 

I really don't have any problems with people obsessing over ITFC. They're appalling and it's hilarious. I don't think anyone would be anywhere near as bothered if they were lower-mid table in the Championship (derby games aside). Things can easily change so enjoy it.

Would love MK Dons to comfortably beat them. If only Wes was playing for them..

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

More than the point about the binners, why so against MK Dons?  Surely we can move on from the Wimbledon connection - after all Wimbledon have their club back now anyway - they've even returned to Plough Lane.  So MK Dons are a bona fide club, so why the angst?   Good Norwich connections too and I look out for their score each week hoping they do well.  No-one likes what happened to Wimbledon twenty plus years ago, but do MK still need to be castigated  about it? Or is there some other reason for the dislike? 

Had a good friend who was a lifelong Wimbledon fan, who sadly died a few years back. He never did get around to supporting AFC, and it really was sad what happened to his club. Can't imagine losing it in such a way.

20 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

What's with this overused word 'obsession?'

I,  and am sure many others can be included, enjoy taking an interest in this 'random League 1 club' because they happen to be our long-standing rivals and many of us actually have issues in our memory banks.

I quite resent this little lecture every time there is a posting about ITFC. I post what I want. I also read the postings I want and suggest you do the same.

What could be easier than ignoring  posts about the binners if they offend you so much? It is not as if they are difficult to detect.

Incidentally, and while I'm at it,  perhaps you could better use your time criticising those on this forum who engage in regular. tedious and ongoing and little spats or name calling  or even those who engage others with a stupid variety of forum names.

I understand what you're saying. Normally I don't mind what people do if it doesn't affect me. However, in this case my objection is that it makes us all look like a bunch of small-minded, petty children. I find it embarrassing that this forum is littered with threads like this, especially given our current success.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should visit TWTD.

The stuff we post about them is gentle compared to the venom aimed at our club.

We just laugh. They hate. 

Also. It's noticeable how, since this takeover, TWTD has once again become the 'Daily Norwich'. One dope has even posted on here such is his  elation at the anticipation of yet another load of money heading it's way to Portman Road.

Funny how they have spent the last decade complaining about how high finance has spoiled the game. To some we are where we are simply because of parachutes, they are that thick

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I understand what you're saying. Normally I don't mind what people do if it doesn't affect me. However, in this case my objection is that it makes us all look like a bunch of small-minded, petty children. I find it embarrassing that this forum is littered with threads like this, especially given our current success.

Well i for one would like to see a 2 division gap maitained between us.

We dont know how well their takeover may go...it might be a success...or it might be a disaster.

But I'd prefer that it began with them in legaue one than in a division higher

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't think I have ever seen a much I don't want either side to win. Oh well, guess I gotta support MK due to the Norwich links, and no way in hell am I ever hoping Ipswich win a match regardless of who they play

... Much as the idea of supporting a club like MK makes me feel ill

Strange ? Wimbledon whilst being a bit quirky were a hideous team. The whole John Fashanu thing is bloody awful. Jones  kicking everyone , Fashanu finishing careers . Why would anyone hate MK Dons unless you were a dyed in the wool Wimbledon fan? MK have Russ Martin , Jerome (who refused to join the Binners) and others connected with us. 
Come on yew Dons!! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Welcome to 'threads made by Cambridgeshire Canary'

Please make your titles more descriptive. Genuine request.

"Why I don't want to watch Ipswich v MK"

46 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I post what I want. I also read the postings I want and suggest you do the same.

So you must read the "tedious and ongoing and little spats or name calling  or even those who engage others with a stupid variety of forum names" surely , to be able to make that point?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But that would take effort

At least its not an  ***** official ***** thread! 

Strange deduction.

No 'must' about it. They are difficult to avoid, have been a feature of this forum for some time and perhaps you should substitute 'read' for skim or even by-pass. 

Thanks.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

No 'must' about it. They are difficult to avoid, easier to skim over.

Thanks.

So you tell others to ignore posts they don't like, fair enough.

But then comment on posts you have a dislike for, and prefer them not to be there? 

Thank you!

• Haha 1

Can I have a translation please?

Actually I "told" nobody anything. Merely suggested.

(I have now read that effort twice and still make no sense of it.)

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Can I have a translation please?

Actually I "told" nobody anything. Merely suggested.

(I have now read that effort twice and still make no sense of it.)

Maybe thats one you should "skim over", just a suggestion.

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Is this the right room for an argument? 

Do you want the long or short argument?

You haven't paid.......

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Down the hall, to the left past the bins.

Managed to sneak a 1p5wich reference in there, well done  Cambridgeo....congratulations!!!

• Haha 1

Serious qustion Cambridgeo..... is your favourite movie .....'Are we there yet?'.... nust seems fitting for your ahead of the game , newsnow premium, think it post it style.😇👍😉

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Is this the right room for an argument? 

Arguments are fun and the dynamic of any footie forum.

It was on-going spats and name-calling I was referencing.

More please!

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Arguments are fun and the dynamic of any footie forum.

It was on-going spats and name-calling I was referencing.

More please!

Just a matter of opinion. They vary. 

Once mans spat is another mans argument. 

ill let you dictate decide which this is! 

• Like 1