Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

How would you feel ?

Inspired by a brilliant comment by @kick it off...

So on Saturday let's assume Norwich and Brentford both win.  Swansea lose (to be consistent) so they're out of the picture. 

City will be on 90 points and Brentford on 73 with 6 games to play so can reach 91 points.

Brentford could still catch City by winning all their games and City losing all ours.  But, even a draw for Brentford reduces their maximum possible to 89 and we'd be (mathematically) promoted.

Look ahead to next Saturday and we play B'mouth at 8pm Saturday evening.  So if Brentford fail to win that afternoon, we'd then be promoted before kick off.

So my question is, how would you feel ?  For me, delighted but at the same time hugely disappointed that we can't be there at CR.  I think it was Saturday evening when we clinched promotion last time ?  The atmosphere was just unbelievable.

Overall I think I will feel delighted and will hope we can move on and get the title as well.

• Like 1

Gutted really missed this season  just not the same the atmosphere would have been fantastic , just hope we can do ourselves justice in the premier next season and some of us can be there 

It's gutting not to be there. I do think that our style of football has probably been more suited to empty stadia so it's possibly a slight catch 22. I'll enjoy it wherever I am.

With a more competent government we'd almost certainly be back watching in person by now, but we're pretty close to putting this nonsense behind us and, in many ways, the awesome football has been one big positive in an otherwise very challenging period.

It will almost be as if the last two seasons haven't happened by the time we're back in the stands.

It is a shame that supporters can’t be there, Bob, and there’s no replacing that, but I was thinking this morning, the consolation is we have an exciting afternoon ahead tomorrow. This will be the first game this season where something of note actually can happen! We will all be glued to iFollow, the radio, Sky etc etc as the games goals affect promotion one way or another, I have no doubt it’ll be very exciting regardless! That said, I wouldn’t mind us achieving promotion with the game live on Sky next Saturday, against Bournemouth under the Carrow Rd floodlights as many people across the nation watch on, us having the spent the day knowing that if we win tonight then we’re up! I think I’d much prefer that scenario than either it happening tomorrow or possibly midweek when Swansea play, it wouldn’t be such of an event I feel. But tomorrow will be fun regardless - 3 points imperative!

• Like 1

It will be weird. 

The last game that most of us season ticket holders will have gone to was a Premier League game, when we go back we'll be back there, it's like a whole season hasn't happened for us fans.

• Like 1

I’ve been a bit detached from it all to be honest. Watching every game behind a plastic screen doesn’t quite cut it.

Agree with RTTB that going back to Carrow Rd will feel like I’ve been asleep for almost 18 months and think I’ve woken up after the Leicester game.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I’ve been a bit detached from it all to be honest. Watching every game behind a plastic screen doesn’t quite cut it.

Agree with RTTB that going back to Carrow Rd will feel like I’ve been asleep for almost 18 months and think I’ve woken up after the Leicester game.

Lol we’ll just call you sleeping beauty!

I know what you mean though. But I do enjoy being able to watch every single game. 

Ps I think the answer should be 

“Like a Rolling Stone...”

Probably only posters of a certain age will get that one...

and yes I know it would be “How does it feel ...”

Edited by It's Character Forming
Clarifying reference to lyrics from some time ago.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Who's meeting me at Carrow Road once we're up?

I was just about to say that I hope we don't get promoted tomorrow, because at least if we can wait until next weekend the pub gardens will be open. Whether we get promoted at 5pm due to Brentford failing to win or 10pm after getting something against Bournemouth, I'm totally up for a drunken wander down to FCR.

Even if we go completely mental we'll only spread about 2% as much coronavirus as the Scousers did last year...

34 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I know what you mean though. But I do enjoy being able to watch every single game. 

I can't do away games due to other commitments but would be more than happy to buy an away iFollow season ticket to watch the away games.

45 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I can't do away games due to other commitments but would be more than happy to buy an away iFollow season ticket to watch the away games.

Yeah that would be great, I guess the PL would worry about the impact on home attendances.

So here we are, unless Swansea or Brentford win their game, we are promoted before this evening’s game.

im sure I’ll feel a little bit of a let down if that happens, a win this evening guarantees promotion and I’d rather do it that way. .

But we deserve to be promoted for such a brilliant season so I will be thrilled whenever it happens. 

53 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

So here we are, unless Swansea or Brentford win their game, we are promoted before this evening’s game.

im sure I’ll feel a little bit of a let down if that happens, a win this evening guarantees promotion and I’d rather do it that way. .

But we deserve to be promoted for such a brilliant season so I will be thrilled whenever it happens. 

I have felt just the same as you ICF but now we are 35 minutes in to the 12.30 kick offs and both games are 0-0 I am getting more excited and to be fair I will just take promotion right now!

EDIT: Now half time in both games and no goals. Yet, we know the statistics surrounding top 5 teams (in any league) and their ability to find goals. With only 45 minutes to go though, perhaps we can start to believe.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

So on balance after last night I feel great about being promoted , we’re the best team in the division and to do it with 5 games to spare emphasised that.

Also I now feel the whole “doing it when we’re playing” rather than relying on other results thing is overrated.