Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Manager of month

Obviously Farke didn't deserve it. We drew a game in March where Watford won all five of their games. When is Farke going to realise that it's games within a calendar month that are important, not the overall league table?

5 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Obviously Farke didn't deserve it. We drew a game in March where Watford won all five of their games. When is Farke going to realise that it's games within a calendar month that are important, not the overall league table?

What are you talking about? Farke has constantly said he isn’t that interested - it is fans/media making the ‘fuss’.

That said, it does seem odd that a team can win a title one year, be on the cusp of it two years later and yet the manager has just one solitary monthly award to show for both seasons combined. That’s utterly ridiculous. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

Who says he doesn’t realise it? It is the press and the message boards that go on about it, not Daniel. Watford’s manager will be fired when they lose a couple anyway. I know who I would rather have in charge.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Who says he doesn’t realise it? It is the press and the message boards that go on about it, not Daniel. Watford’s manager will be fired when they lose a couple anyway. I know who I would rather have in charge.

I think @Petriix is speaking with tongue in cheek here, and basically saying 'who gives a stuff about an arbitrary Manager of the Calendar Month award, just look at the league table'.

They'll probably give Manager of the Year to Xisco Munoz on a tie-breaker for having a better-scoring name at Scrabble...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think @Petriix is speaking with tongue in cheek here, and basically saying 'who gives a stuff about an arbitrary Manager of the Calendar Month award, just look at the league table'.

They'll probably give Manager of the Year to Xisco Munoz on a tie-breaker for having a better-scoring name at Scrabble...

Let's see if we can find a Polish version of Farke then.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Let's see if we can find a Polish version of Farke then.

Or just get him to change his name by deed poll to Daniel Prszysmzyalkiewicz.

I’ve no doubt DF will be overlooked for the season award.  I’m still astonished he didn’t get it two seasons ago - we were widely expected not to do much and yet won the title, but Wilder was clearly so much better....

As it happens Xisco only managed 12 games before he came to us and does not yet have the required badges to manage in the premier league. We contacted him initially to be an assistant coach but Vic was so bad he got fired which bumped Xisco up. No one expected him to do what he has. But should we go up he will be an assistant to someone else until he has badges sorted.

Farke is 100 percent manager of year. Would be outrageous not to win that.

Edited by Moosebadge

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Or just get him to change his name by deed poll to Daniel Prszysmzyalkiewicz.

I'll just lob this in because, why the hell not....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

As it happens Xisco only managed 12 games before he came to us and does not yet have the required badges to manage in the premier league. We contacted him initially to be an assistant coach but Vic was so bad he got fired which bumped Xisco up. No one expected him to do what he has. But should we go up he will be an assistant to someone else until he has badges sorted.

Farke is 100 percent manager of year. Would be outrageous not to win that.

To be fair, credit where credit is due, Xisco has done superbly under similar circumstances in an atmosphere that is more fraught. I'd actually say Ismael at Barnsley has also done a magnificent job turning them into play-off contenders.

21 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I've just realised that Farke has understood this all along, and once a month he sabotages his chances by getting a draw in order to avoid the MOM curse. Gosh! that guy is so damn clever, unparalleled attention to detail.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be fair, credit where credit is due, Xisco has done superbly under similar circumstances in an atmosphere that is more fraught. I'd actually say Ismael at Barnsley has also done a magnificent job turning them into play-off contenders.

Ismael is a really good shout. If they ended up getting promoted then he's got to be a shoe-in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well DF was the only title winning manager NOT to win Manager of the season , the year we went up. Wilder got it . So there will be some nonsense applied even if we win the league by 10 points ! 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

When we won the league last time, Wilder was manager of the season. Farke has won manager of the month ONCE since being our manager. Madness really 

I think, in fairness, Xisco did deserve to win this one but Farke should have won it lsat month

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

When we won the league last time, Wilder was manager of the season. Farke has won manager of the month ONCE since being our manager. Madness really 

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

I think, in fairness, Xisco did deserve to win this one but Farke should have won it lsat month

But in every month this season, there has been another team/manager that won more points. The only exception is January when Farke and Cooper were tied. It isn't as much of a conspiracy as some make out.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But in every month this season, there has been another team/manager that won more points. The only exception is January when Farke and Cooper were tied. It isn't as much of a conspiracy as some make out.

It doesn't always go to who got the most points,

I guess it is easier to win the award when a team is surpassing its expectations, people are expecting Norwich to win because we are top of the table

37 minutes ago, AJ said:

I guess it is easier to win the award when a team is surpassing its expectations, people are expecting Norwich to win because we are top of the table

Exactly this! It's almost as if they say, well Norwich have the best squad so it's expected they will win the league and don't deserve manager of the year award.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

What are you talking about? Farke has constantly said he isn’t that interested - it is fans/media making the ‘fuss’.

That said, it does seem odd that a team can win a title one year, be on the cusp of it two years later and yet the manager has just one solitary monthly award to show for both seasons combined. That’s utterly ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Whooosh!

(I was sarcastically suggesting that Farke should focus on winning MOTM rather than the league)

3 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

Daniel losers out again. No manager of the month curse then

I don't believe there's a curse though, the system penalises consistency so I'm not surprised that the managers who do win it can't keep it up.

Mick McCarthy is the classic example of the new manager bounce, comes in and gets the players organised and fired up, they go on a good run and he gets Manager of the Month, and then everything reverts to the mean again.

Michael Bailey wrote a good article in the Athletic last month on this topic, so stealing his graphic. Sums it up that Warnock's won it more than Farke, Bielsa and Wilder.

image.png.7f52e245c99f56a2aa7e6efce80338a9.png

I wonder if Ismael would be worth a look should Farke not extend his contract?

14 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Sums it up that Warnock's won it more than Farke, Bielsa and Wilder.

Warnock has been managing in the Championship since the thirteenth century, so it's not all that surprising..

• Haha 1

Farke already behind in race for MotM for April.  Bournemth 2 wins already just beat them and every other game this month will nail it for Daniel.

39 minutes ago, kirku said:

Warnock has been managing in the Championship since the thirteenth century, so it's not all that surprising..

This all since August 2017