Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Watford v Reading

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You really are not worth the time and effort.

Looks like Bill has yet another account.... 

• Haha 1

This thread started as a squabble, briefly flirted with the idea of talking about Watford v Reading, then went back to a squabble. It belies even the 'if you don't like it, don't read it' argument via subterfuge.

Any chance we can put aside the silly arguments at least until we lose a game?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

*IF* we beat Derby tomorrow, we will be 8 points clear with 15 to play for. Correct me if I am wrong, but even losing to Watford, we would need 7 points from 12 to clinch the title?

Hardly panic stations is it?

GJL will still find reason to panic even when it's mathematically confirmed, I'm sure they'll worry about some form of points deduction for something or other 😂

4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Any chance we can put aside the silly arguments at least until we lose a game?

Good luck with that. 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Fair play, Moosebadge. I mean nothing disrespectful to your team in my assessment above, I’m just being honest on the balance of what I’ve seen. I do believe our forward play really does set us apart this season, even if we’ve not had the Huddersfield-esque scoreline that some of those performances have perhaps warranted. But there’s no question you’re the other top side in the division. You are very well organised at the back, there’s no question of that. And as I understand it you’re currently missing some of your better midfielders, is that correct? You have nothing to worry about regarding Brentford. They are powderpuff and a one trick pony. I always thought prior to this season they had a really balanced fan base, but having read a lot of their arrogant nonsense and constant bitterness towards the likes of ourselves (apparently our success this season is down to parachute payments, which is complete b0ll0ck5) then my thoughts on them somewhat changed. Happy to see them fail dismally in the Playoffs, would like to see Barnsley do it myself!

Even if your success was down to parachute payments, you got up there to start with without them.  I remember about 10 years ago you got relegated to league 1. You are a model club. Ive always admired the fact you are able to fill both ends with home fans. Love a trip to carrow road, had some good ones over the years. I hope you get to do something with your squad. Two years ago i saw Watford in an fa cup final it was a dream i never thought possible. When you beat spurs on pens i was really routing for you guys. When you get up there stay a few seasons and you never know one day a cup might open up for you to have a crack at.

• Like 5

Couldn't be less interested about Watford. If they catch us, so be it, then they will have done well, but we will both be promoted, whatever.  All we need to do is to carry on the good work, keep focussed and we'll get the results we need. 

21 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Even if your success was down to parachute payments, you got up there to start with without them.  I remember about 10 years ago you got relegated to league 1. You are a model club. Ive always admired the fact you are able to fill both ends with home fans. Love a trip to carrow road, had some good ones over the years. I hope you get to do something with your squad. Two years ago i saw Watford in an fa cup final it was a dream i never thought possible. When you beat spurs on pens i was really routing for you guys. When you get up there stay a few seasons and you never know one day a cup might open up for you to have a crack at.

Yeah I bet you've had some good trips to Carrow Road! You seem to always beat us!

• Like 1

So that's the automatics sorted, those goals from Sarr were top class last night. The Watford game at Carrow Road is something to look forward to, two teams in great form. 

12 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well , if we recall, at the time...just after the defeat at Bournemouth, Daniel Farke himself was questioning ..in a fairly public way..Cantwells goals and assist output.

Not sure how much more factual we could get at the time it happened

I certainly do remember Farke using one of his usual tricks at the time to refocus one of our finest players, indeed. And it was a universe away from meaning Farke doesn’t rate him as was pointed out to you at the time. It is ok to be wrong, and most people have no problem admitting it either 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I certainly do remember Farke using one of his usual tricks at the time to refocus one of our finest players, indeed. And it was a universe away from meaning Farke doesn’t rate him as was pointed out to you at the time. It is ok to be wrong, and most people have no problem admitting it either 👍

'Usual tricks'

...name another occasion where he so publically criticised a player in such a way during his time here?

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

'Usual tricks'

...name another occasion where he so publically criticised a player in such a way during his time here?

JUST ADMIT IT 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

1 minute ago, paddycanary said:

Oliveira?

No need to pander to his swerving, Paddy - he was comprehensively wrong and just isn’t man enough to admit it.

On another completely unrelated note, I must say it’s an absolute joy to see Todd playing week in, week out! 

As TC approaches his 100th senior game, his consistency and game intelligence is catching up with his natural skill set. He's developing into a very tidy player, hungry for possession. I believe he'll spend the majority of his career at Prem level. Best of luck to him, hopefully it's with us.

One of the most impressive aspects of the Farke era has been how so many players have visibly improved before our eyes. Between Webber's "due diligence" in recruitment, the focus on youth & the academy and the coaching team's professionalism, the club has very much been pointed in a positive direction. A few duffers 'for sure,' but every club has them and we have been scouring for bargains & loans along the way. Things look great at the moment as we ride this wave of promotion. 

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

No need to pander to his swerving, Paddy - he was comprehensively wrong and just isn’t man enough to admit it.

On another completely unrelated note, I must say it’s an absolute joy to see Todd playing week in, week out! 

'Swerving'....still waiting....another occasion

21 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

'Swerving'....still waiting....another occasion

Oliveira, Josh Murphy, Emi to a lesser extent

• Like 2

Roberts who played yesterday got a bit of a public 'dressing down' too if I remember rightly, for his attitude or lack of maturity or some such.