Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Watford v Reading

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Watford made a lot of fouls there (again)

They seem to get away with it. Midfield motto seems to be If you can't get the man, get the ball.

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

q) You asked what I've seen that makes me think Watford could beat us ?

a) I've seen Watford beat us this season

Their forward line , particularly Sarr is one of few, if not the only to have caused us problems this season

The Watford game always had a feeling of it being the one where our run came to an end. Apart from the classic new manager syndrome, we simply were very off colour that day, and attribute that to us just being due a not so good performance rather than anything else. There was no indication in that game that they were anything special to me - it just was what it was.

Indeed, Watford are a ‘good’ side, the best of the rest but nothing more than that. Not once have I watched them this season (about 7 or so times I would guess) and been blown away over 90 mins witnessing breathtaking, relentless, creative movement up front. They are solid and well organised at the back for sure, which is really their strength, and have their best player in Sarr in attack, but that’s about it. What really sets us and them apart is midfield onwards. Their attacks lack serious creativity in the main, and this is where our players blow them comfortably out of the water.

You can big Watford up all you like, but even most Watford fans know they are very much second best to the likes of Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki when our boys are purring and going through the gears. There is no comparison there whatsoever. We will put them to the sword at Carrow Rd and I look forward to it.

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The Watford game always had a feeling of it being the one where our run came to an end. Apart from the classic new manager syndrome, we simply were very off colour that day, and attribute that to us just being due a not so good performance rather than anything else. There was no indication in that game that they were anything special to me - it just was what it was.

Indeed, Watford are a ‘good’ side, the best of the rest but nothing more than that. Not once have I watched them this season (about 7 or so times I would guess) and been blown away over 90 mins witnessing breathtaking, relentless, creative movement up front. They are solid and well organised at the back for sure, which is really their strength, and have their best player in Sarr in attack, but that’s about it. What really sets us and them apart is midfield onwards. Their attacks lack serious creativity in the main, and this is where our players blow them comfortably out of the water.

You can big Watford up all you like, but even most Watford fans know they are very much second best to the likes of Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki when our boys are purring and going through the gears. There is no comparison there whatsoever. We will put them to the sword at Carrow Rd and I look forward to it.

Its a '6 pointer' no doubt...if we avoid defeat I think we win the league but they are the only side to have caused us some problems defensively this season aswell as being solid enough to have kept us at arms length.

I believe theyre the only side we have left that could beat us...and similarly we're the only side left that could beat them

..we could still draw a couple here and there i.e Bournemouth, Barnsley...could even do tomorrow at Derby.

Watfords last 2 games of the season vs Brentford and Swansea may not turn out to be the tough games they were looking a few weeks ago as Watford could already be up by then whilst the other 2 have an eye on the playoffs

Got to be honest totally forgot they were playing tonight, the fact Watford won changes absolutely nothing.  No one is taking this title off us.

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Its a '6 pointer' no doubt...if we avoid defeat I think we win the league but they are the only side to have caused us some problems defensively this season aswell as being solid enough to have kept us at arms length.

I believe theyre the only side we have left that could beat us...and similarly we're the only side left that could beat them

..we could still draw a couple here and there i.e Bournemouth, Barnsley...could even do tomorrow at Derby.

Watfords last 2 games of the season vs Brentford and Swansea may not turn out to be the tough games they were looking a few weeks ago as Watford could already be up by then whilst the other 2 have an eye on the playoffs

Good grief, a 6 pointer? If we win tomorrow (we are playing very well atm, aren't we GJL?)we will be 8 points clear of them, so a loss to them is no big deal.  As explained, they didn't cause us problems, and it wasn't down to their defence as to why we lost. It was our attack, nothing else. We had 16 shots but couldn't score, that doesn't lend itself to a sound defensive display does it?. 

Other teams have caused us more problems than Watford that day, they just got the rub of the green. They have have 20 games since we lost to them, and after tomorrow they may have lost 2 points on us, hardly worrying is it?

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Good grief, a 6 pointer? If we win tomorrow (we are playing very well atm, aren't we GJL?)we will be 8 points clear of them, so a loss to them is no big deal.  As explained, they didn't cause us problems, and it wasn't down to their defence as to why we lost. It was our attack, nothing else. We had 16 shots but couldn't score, that doesn't lend itself to a sound defensive display does it?. 

Other teams have caused us more problems than Watford that day, they just got the rub of the green. They have have 20 games since we lost to them, and after tomorrow they may have lost 2 points on us, hardly worrying is it?

Sarr ran Sorenson ragged all night ....obviously we eill have a different left back 

...which other teams have caused us more problems this season?

Guys you played the best I have ever seen at this level on Tuesday. Title is won and deserved. Just let us have a point please.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sarr ran Sorenson ragged all night ....obviously we eill have a different left back 

Yet they created 1 shot on target, as a result of that 'ragging'

Yet we created 16 chances

You are still struggling to defend those stats aren't you?

To answer your question Brentford away, Preston home and Swansea home off the top of my head. 3 games that the opposition caused us far more problems than Watford away and yet we didn't lose any of those games

You still haven't answered about our current form

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Yet they created 1 shot on target, as a result of that 'ragging'

Yet we created 16 chances

You are still struggling to defend those stats aren't you?

To answer your question Brentford away, Preston home and Swansea home off the top of my head. 3 games that the opposition caused us far more problems than Watford away and yet we didn't lose any of those games

You still haven't answered about our current form

...well Watfords form is currently slightly better than ours.

Not suggesting we'll go on a losing streak ...but the gap could still be closed were we to chuck in a couple of Blackburn, Preston-esque draws together with a Watford defeat

14 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wasn't that  the game when he made his debut at the last minute because of an injury in the warm up and had to play in a position he had never played in before.

For goodness sake cut him some slack in those particular circumstances.

• Thanks 1

*IF* we beat Derby tomorrow, we will be 8 points clear with 15 to play for. Correct me if I am wrong, but even losing to Watford, we would need 7 points from 12 to clinch the title?

Hardly panic stations is it?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wasn't that  the game when he made his debut at the last minute because of an injury in the warm up and had to play in a position he had never played in before.

That was Brentford away Tilly

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Much as I want Reading to get the win it's real hard to like anything about a club that made this

What the f...ing hell have I just seen

2 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Guys you played the best I have ever seen at this level on Tuesday. Title is won and deserved. Just let us have a point please.

Fair play, Moosebadge. I mean nothing disrespectful to your team in my assessment above, I’m just being honest on the balance of what I’ve seen. I do believe our forward play really does set us apart this season, even if we’ve not had the Huddersfield-esque scoreline that some of those performances have perhaps warranted. But there’s no question you’re the other top side in the division. You are very well organised at the back, there’s no question of that. And as I understand it you’re currently missing some of your better midfielders, is that correct? You have nothing to worry about regarding Brentford. They are powderpuff and a one trick pony. I always thought prior to this season they had a really balanced fan base, but having read a lot of their arrogant nonsense and constant bitterness towards the likes of ourselves (apparently our success this season is down to parachute payments, which is complete b0ll0ck5) then my thoughts on them somewhat changed. Happy to see them fail dismally in the Playoffs, would like to see Barnsley do it myself!

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No it wasnt

Now go back to sleep

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

That was Brentford away Tilly

My mistake Crabby. My excuse is it is late on a Friday night but blimey he never gives up looking for negativity does he ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

My mistake Crabby. My excuse is it is late on a Friday night but blimey he never gives up looking for negativity does he ?

Maybe get your facts together before encroaching on a discussion

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...well Watfords form is currently slightly better than ours.

Not suggesting we'll go on a losing streak ...but the gap could still be closed were we to chuck in a couple of Blackburn, Preston-esque draws together with a Watford defeat

Slightly!

They could be 8 points behind us tomorrow with 5 games to play

When they beat us (20 games ago) they were 6 points behind us.

We have just (by neutrals opinion) come up with the best half of football anyone has seen in the Championship this season.

You keep erring on the side of caution GJL, I'm off to bed with a smile on my face, looking forward to tomorrow and looking forward to the Watford game (eventually).

We run our lives differently, I can see that. All I can say is you don't know what you are missing

• Like 1

No it wasnt

Now go back to sleep

I got it wrong and have said so in another post.

Now go back to being negative.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You are not the forum moderator and i seem to recall being told that permission is not required to post.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

You are not the forum moderator and i seem to recall being told that permission is not required to post.

..no...but have your facts correct, if youre trying to respond....thats fairly basic

Back to sleep old man

44 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whereas some of what you say could of course happen, I find it a tad bizarre that as an apparent Norwich City supporter your approach to the situation is whatever will go wrong for Norwich will go right for Watford. It’s not even balanced, just slanted towards negativity towards OUR club - who ARE the best team in the league. Go on, I dare you to bring yourself to admit it!

And no, Watford weren’t anything special in their win against us, I just got the overwhelming feeling during the game that we were quite off colour, our passing etc was uncharacteristically way off and that wasn’t down to pressure from them because there wasn’t any.

They had their moments on the counter attack but they didn’t control us, it was clear to any Norwich supporter that we just weren’t at the races as explained above that night. So I find your assessment of their apparently wonderful performance slightly odd to say the least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

..no...but have your facts correct, if youre trying to respond....thats fairly basic

Back to sleep old man

Never go to bed before midnight so have your facts correct if you're trying to respond... that's fairly basic.

A good evening to you.

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Er I don’t think you of all people should be angling that at Tilly after that utter cr@p you spouted earlier this season about Cantwell not being rated by Farke. You were laughably insistent about it if I remember correctly. How’d that work out for you, and getting your facts straight before encroaching on a discussion?

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Er I don’t think you of all people should be angling that at Tilly after that utter cr@p you spouted earlier this season about Cantwell not being rated by Farke. You were laughably insistent about it if I remember correctly. How’d that work out for you, and getting your facts straight before encroaching on a discussion?

Well , if we recall, at the time...just after the defeat at Bournemouth, Daniel Farke himself was questioning ..in a fairly public way..Cantwells goals and assist output.

Not sure how much more factual we could get at the time it happened

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Never go to bed before midnight so have your facts correct if you're trying to respond... that's fairly basic.

A good evening to you.

A very poor , weak response

Must try harder...

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Whereas some of what you say could of course happen, I find it a tad bizarre that as an apparent Norwich City supporter your approach to the situation is whatever will go wrong for Norwich will go right for Watford. It’s not even balanced, just slanted towards negativity towards OUR club - who ARE the best team in the league. Go on, I dare you to bring yourself to admit it!

And no, Watford weren’t anything special in their win against us, I just got the overwhelming feeling during the game that we were quite off colour, our passing etc was uncharacteristically way off and that wasn’t down to pressure from them because there wasn’t any.

They had their moments on the counter attack but they didn’t control us, it was clear to any Norwich supporter that we just weren’t at the races as explained above that night. So I find your assessment of their apparently wonderful performance slightly odd to say the least.

...not really

Just saying that the title isnt quite cut and dried just yet...whilst a potential 3 point swing exists in the fuxture list with the precence of Watfird still to play

A very poor , weak response

Must try harder...

You really are not worth the time and effort.