Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Watford v Reading

7.45pm

Watford's remaining fixtures after this are

Luton, Norwich, Millwall, Brentford and Swansea -- giving 97 points if they win all six

Were they to do that, then City would only need one draw in their remaining 6 games to be promoted

One draw and one defeat for Watford would leave City needing only two wins from their remaining 6 games to clinch the title

the question now is not if, but when

Gallery: Championship title celebrations - News - Norwich City

We don't need to worry about the others anymore. Based on our own results we'll be up by Saturday evening at the earliest and Saturday week at the latest

I would prefer Saturday week to be honest, it would be great to be promoted beating Bournemouth - with a 20 point lead.... at home

Then pick up the title against Watford the following week to achieve a memorable double over our fellow relegated clubs - given how much was talked last summer about THEIR chances of returning to the PL

image.png.8a01d2e50ed07f906e7e46303a4ee127.pngimage.png.8a01d2e50ed07f906e7e46303a4ee127.pngimage.png.1d3edfb14e440d5b8c589638965065a1.pngimage.png.ed55e55952edbb1a22195bde4eb888f3.pngTalented illustrator looks on the brighter side of Norwich football |  Eastern Daily Press

"Premier League, it's gonna be us agin bor"

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I would prefer Saturday week to be honest, it would be great to be promoted beating Bournemouth - with a 20 point lead.... at home

Then pick up the title against Watford the following week to achieve a memorable double over our fellow relegated clubs - given how much was talked last summer about THEIR chances of returning to the PL

image.png.8a01d2e50ed07f906e7e46303a4ee127.pngimage.png.8a01d2e50ed07f906e7e46303a4ee127.pngimage.png.1d3edfb14e440d5b8c589638965065a1.pngimage.png.ed55e55952edbb1a22195bde4eb888f3.pngTalented illustrator looks on the brighter side of Norwich football |  Eastern Daily Press

"Premier League, it's gonna be us agin bor"

Yep, agree with @dylanisabaddog- no one wants to be cocky about getting over the line, but there comes a point like where we are now that the chances of missing out on promotion are just so incredibly unlikely that you’d be pretty mad to think otherwise.

We could lose every game this season now and still be promoted I feel. The title on the other hand is another matter, but that’s the ultimate goal for me, to bring that trophy back home and add to our honours list.

As for beating Bournemouth to get the promotion, I would celebrate beating Bournemouth more than the promotion itself! They have had a particularly cocky fan base locally, if we beat them and help deny them a playoff place then I won’t complain! 🍻

• Like 1

they are the biscuitmen - another silly little club getting above themselves

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, agree with @dylanisabaddog- no one wants to be cocky about getting over the line, but there comes a point like where we are now that the chances of missing out on promotion are just so incredibly unlikely that you’d be pretty mad to think otherwise.

We could lose every game this season now and still be promoted I feel. The title on the other hand is another matter, but that’s the ultimate goal for me, to bring that trophy back home and add to our honours list.

As for beating Bournemouth to get the promotion, I would celebrate beating Bournemouth more than the promotion itself! They have had a particularly cocky fan base locally, if we beat them and help deny them a playoff place then I won’t complain! 🍻

Agree with you there, they think they have a divine right to still be in the Premier league, there's a few of them that will be getting a reminder of that when we hopefully beat them next weekend. Though they seem to have picked it up the last couple of matches.  I have always told them they will fall back to the lower divisions when Ed Howe left, we will see. 

• Like 1

If I read the OP correctly 

Luton, Norwich, Millwall, Brentford and Swansea -- giving 97 points if they win all six

Were they to do that, then City would only need one draw in their remaining 6 games to be promoted

Watford would end with 97 points and City with current 87 plus 1 from a draw making 88 surely nonsense.  City would need 10 points

They aren't  going to win all 6 and will drop points specifically in away games at Bees and us,  not a single victory away to teams in top 8, and that will not improve.

Lets just win our next 6 to put this argument to bed.

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Luton, Norwich, Millwall, Brentford and Swansea -- giving 97 points if they win all six

Watford would end with 97 points and City with current 87 plus 1 from a draw making 88 surely nonsense.  City would need 10 points

They aren't  going to win all 6 and will drop points specifically in away games at Bees and us,  not a single victory away to teams in top 8, and that will not improve.

You are right but good luck with that one.

Watford’s run in does look tough, including three of their last four games against sides in 1st 3rd and 4th.  They could well be looking over their shoulders rather than up at us come the final game(s) 

12 minutes ago, pete said:

oh dear 😟

if Watford win all six, that means both Brentford and Swansea would drop three points each

meaning their maximum would be 88 and 87 points respectively

do try to keep up

10 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

oh dear

have another read 😆

got it wrong again biscuit boy ?

you are as bad as hand crank 😉

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear 😟

if Watford win all six, that means both Brentford and Swansea would drop three points each

meaning their maximum would be 88 and 87 points respectively

do try to keep up

Just to help you out we'd actually need 2 draws.

1 draw gives us 88, Brentford winning all but the 1 game against Watford would get another 18 points therefore 88. 

If we lose 5 then our GF goes down, if they win 6 of 7 then it's likely they would be above us on goal difference unless Watford put a few past them.

You're welcome by the way 😁

• Thanks 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Surely beating Watford will do. Home game and trophy presented.

Looking forward to this one KG, will be a day to remember 👍

Edited by Van wink

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

1 draw gives us 88, Brentford winning all but the 1 game against Watford would get another 18 points therefore 88. 

If we lose 5 then our GF goes down, if they win 6 of 7 then it's likely they would be above us on goal difference unless Watford put a few past them.

This post is endorsed by Official Pinkun Forum Nerdy Geek Statsman (OPFNGS).

7 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

That is pretty much how I was seeing it.

Not that it will happen, but is theoretically possible

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

well, whadda ya know

goal difference, eh ?

who would have thought that ?

certainly not you when you claimed Pete was right

ps "it's likely" ..........oh dear

do try to read what is written first 😉

10 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Looking forward to this one KG, will be a day to remember 👍

I want 7 for Farke that day from the team. Just for Farke as Manager of the Season!

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This post is endorsed by Official Pinkun Forum Nerdy Geek Statsman (OPFNGS).

nice to see some else spots poor biscuit boys  error

and his need to check

shame he didn't when the post went up 😆

44 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Looks like City1st could start a fight in an empty phone box yet again. 😜

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

well, whadda ya know

goal difference, eh ?

who would have thought that ?

certainly not you when you claimed Pete was right

ps "it's likely" ..........oh dear

do try to read what is written first 😉

You really are a bit special aren't you.

So to make it even easier for you to admit you were wrong, should we lose 5 games 1-0 we would be 6 goals better off than Brentford, if they lost 1-0 to Watford, won 2 games 2-0 and the rest 1-0 they would have more goals than us, assume you're keeping up with logic.

There are some assumptions in there that we would only lose 1-0 but the odds would be on us finishing 3rd should we lose all and get 1 draw and Brentford winning 6 of 7.

Therefore, the ONLY way of us being promoted based on your post would be 2 draws.

Guess I'll be getting the standard fisherman pic now as you'll be pretending that you did it just to get me to bite 🤦

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

and his need to check

He's agreeing with me your half wit 😆

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

and his need to check

Oh dear not the brightest are you ?

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

and his need to check

Stop being unpleasant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Stop being unpleasant.

Unfortunately wolfie it is in his genes.

oih dea

I would stop digging if I were you

your post claiming Pete was right clearly shows you had no idea that Watford had to play both Swansea and Brentford and ut was only after my post pointing this out that you have checked

I am fully aware of goal difference, and the OP was pointing out how close we are to both promotion and the title ... given who Watford have to play

and it is noticeable that you made no comment until Pete's muddled post, where you thought you could prove me wrong

you got caught out by your wish to 'get one over me' and failed yet again

I shan't chalk it up, as that would be akin to keeping the score in a darts match against Stevie Wonder

but I am aware that having fcked up, yet again you will spend the next week or so whining like a sore loser .... unless, of course you get your 'mate' Greasy to do it for you 🤣

ta ra loser

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Stop being unpleasant.

stop lying

is my response to that