Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The city view- Huddersfield

There was a discussion on here a little while back about whether our so called 'game management' was good enough in terms of putting pressure on the officials - and whether we got in the ear of the officials as much as other teams do. In this regard it's very interesting to see the subtle, but friendly way in which Cantwell is putting a little bit of pressure on the linesman from 15.22 to 15.33. 

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Richard Keogh made me smile with teammates going out for the second half “This is embarrassing “ 

Ironic coming from a man who was kicked out of his last club for crashing his car while drunk

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ironic coming from a man who was kicked out of his last club for crashing his car while drunk

The other 2 in the car were worse still, did a runner leaving him to carry the can. 

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Probably a good idea to get your facts right on this one CC. Keogh was a passenger in a car which was crashed by drunken team mate Tom Lawrence. 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Probably a good idea to get your facts right on this one CC. Keogh was a passenger in a car which was crashed by drunken team mate Tom Lawrence. 

100% was always a strange stance by Derby to only sack one player after this. 

Screenshot_20210408-213003_Chrome.jpg

34 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Fair enough, but either way he should have said no, should never have been in the car in the first place

35 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

2 players were worth millions potentially and one wasn’t. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fair enough, but either way he should have said no, should never have been in the car in the first place

He shouldve said no, funny how the only one who got sacked was the 30+ player with no re sale value.

35 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Booted the older player on big contract, and kept the younger player that could be an asset. Despite Lawrence being the guilty party. Disgraceful behaviour by derby, and rightly the employment tribunal found against them.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Agree with that.

I had some time to kill as, you know, covid. So I read the match thread on the Huddersfield forum. It was quite a funny read knowing the result and their fans as you can expect were far from happy. The really baffling thing for me is how even myself not knowing too much about the current Huddersfield team knew they had set up all wrong formation wise, selection wise and their tactics were pretty much perfect to give us the 7-0 result. Before the game their fans were furious and predicting worse scorelines than they already had been after the team sheet came out.

Makes me realise how lucky we are to be in this position with the management, staff and players all performing at such a high level. We could have played our youth team and not lost that 7-0! They have Rotherham next and I will probably look at the odds for another loss after this result... their fans are saying it was 4 points lost as their goal difference suffered so badly.

The other side, I think we were unbeatable for a championship team last night and it has been a highlight for my week which has been extremely boring. Buendia put in one of the best creative displays I've seen supporting this club. I'd go as far as saying he was better than Wes at his best last night and probably improved his transfer value. Overall good vibes after our International hampered team at the weekend!

• Like 1

I really do enjoy these 'The City View' snippets and it's great to see what's going on behind the scenes......Long may it continue.....

Right, my running kit an' trainers are on......I'm now off to be a lumberjack and get rid of some of my lock-down timber......

That is, once I've polished off this Full English breakfast.....

9 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Ah! that explains a lot, he was probably still unconscious on Tuesday evening.

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Easy to say when you're sober. Did you see the bar tab from the evening? If he had his fair share, it's no surprise he made a stupid decision - that's not to excuse what happened of course.

It appears there was a drinking culture at the club, under Lampard at least. This was after they beat Leeds in the playoffs. The two J2Os at the end 😂.

20210409_121224.jpg

Who are the three blokes in the cupboard getting high fives at the end of the game? Is that the kit room?