Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

David Pruttons predictions

4 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

What if we draw and they lose?

Nope - to qualify that .

We draw - go to 88 points 

Brentford lose stay on 70 pts. Brentford would have six games left could match us on 88 points and it then goes to GD. Bearing in mind we would have to lose last 5 and Brentford win last 6 the GD (currently 10 in our favour) could swing in their favour . 

Swansea lose they stay on 69 pts and couldn’t catch us . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Robert Barnes said:

Pruttons prediction for the weekend has us winning and the swans , brentford losing so that’s us promoted 

I'm not even sure their results matter. We just need to win.

If Brentford were to win, they would need 18 points from their last 6 games to pip us by one point.

Swansea would be left needing 18 points and a superior goal difference form their last 6 games.

I've said for the last couple of games now that two wins would do it. I think it would. Not mathematically as such, but to not get 2pts out of the last 5 games would be incredibly improbable. Brentford getting 18 from 6 is highly improbable.

A win would just settle the nerves, from then on it would be title winning stuff. 

18 minutes ago, chicken said:

I'm not even sure their results matter. We just need to win.

If Brentford were to win, they would need 18 points from their last 6 games to pip us by one point.

Swansea would be left needing 18 points and a superior goal difference form their last 6 games.

I've said for the last couple of games now that two wins would do it. I think it would. Not mathematically as such, but to not get 2pts out of the last 5 games would be incredibly improbable. Brentford getting 18 from 6 is highly improbable.

A win would just settle the nerves, from then on it would be title winning stuff. 

Reading that, Chicken, and I understand everyone’s head getting fried by the many permutations, it looks pretty clear that just the one win would 99.99999999% confirm promotion. Not only is it unthinkable that we would lose the last 5 games, but when you factor in that Brentford or Swansea would also have to win every single game that just WON’T happen.

I don’t know what odds you’d get at the bookies for that combination of events, but I’m pretty confident you could put a £1 down and retire a very wealthy man or woman if the unthinkable happened. Personally it’s all about the title for me but that’s not to say there won’t be any satisfaction from securing phase 2. 

• Like 2

Yep I think it’s really about when promotion gets confirmed now, not if. I think it will probably be a week on Saturday but I can’t wait to watch the game on iFollow on Saturday with one eye on the other results!

in some ways I don’t want this season to come to an end!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yep I think it’s really about when promotion gets confirmed now, not if. I think it will probably be a week on Saturday but I can’t wait to watch the game on iFollow on Saturday with one eye on the other results!

in some ways I don’t want this season to come to an end!!

Yes Bob! Out of likes but totally hear you mate, it’s the kind of season that you want to roll on for decades but I suppose the only positive is that it will lead us on to our next exciting challenge! Finishing in 14th place every season in the Premier League! (Only joking - no thanks, cr@p rollercoaster that).

I truly believe Webber has been right to treat our path to the Premier League in a patient slow burning fashion. Going all out I suspect we’d be in Sheff Utd’s shoes right now and not looking in the best of places for the Championship (imo). But there’s a bit more cement in the foundation of this football club now, and I believe come August we will be ready for the next challenge!

• Like 1

With Swansea having a midweek game and our game vs Bournemouth being a Saturday late kick off, we could be promoted before we've kicked off vs Bournemouth next Saturday.

But it doesnt matter as we will be promoted tomorrow anyway.

basically we need 4 more points and then Brentford and Swansea can do what the hell they like. Win their remaining games 10 nil for all I care

11 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

basically we need 4 more points and then Brentford and Swansea can do what the hell they like. Win their remaining games 10 nil for all I care

...I dunno on Brentalona scoring 10 each game as that could mean Teemu couldn't possibly catch the best striker on the planet, Ivan Tonealdo to golden boot.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, chicken said:

We've got 6 games left, Brentford have 7 but it's all so academic.

The fat lady's almost at the curtain call stage.

• Haha 2

Bournemouth game at Carrow Rd their third in 7 days.  Can only benefit City.  As they need to win all games to get Play Off spot. 

On 09/04/2021 at 12:49, ......and Smith must score. said:

We've got 6 games left, Brentford have 7 but it's all so academic.

The fat lady's almost at the curtain call stage.

I think you have miscorrected me. If you re-read my post, I was talking about the fixtures after the weekend... not including them.