Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

The Odds On Promotion Saturday

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

So I don’t gamble, does this mean the betting odds on those results happening together are 4.42/1 ??

To be technically correct it means the betting odds on those results happening together are 3.42/1.

If you put £1 on those results happening together and you win you will get a total return of £4.42. 

• Thanks 1

That's relatively short odds for a treble, not a come hither and bet offer at all.  Think I'll stick with an each way on the Grand National.  But bookies have effectively decided we're up on Saturday given those odds. 

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

Good stuff guys !  Good job I don't gamble myself as I have no idea but that makes sense now.

Personally I think the odds are marginally against us on Saturday because if either Swansea or Brentfold win, that stops it, and also if we fail to beat Derby, that also stops it, so there's a good chance of any one of those happening.

But equally I can easily see both Swansea and Brentfold failing to win, and us beating Derby, and have we ever been promoted so early in the season, we'd have 5 games to just think about the title !!

The only gambling I ever do is buying raffle tickets at events, so I don't really understand it either but don't need to. Changing the subject from the bookies odds to the actual likelihood of this happening here are my thoughts.

I spoke to my Dad after Brentford had played Huddersfield on Saturday who didn't think it was very likely (us winning our next two, Brentford and Swansea both failing to win theirs) whilst I was a bit unsure on the likelihood, mainly as it covered 2 fixtures. It's still on course to happen, and now part one is over I think there is quite a decent chance and these are my views on the games.

Preston v Brentford - Preston kept a clean sheet against Swansea on Monday and ended up beating them, although it was all down to a late own goal. Brentford have drawn their last 4 games, all of them being against bottom half sides.

Millwall v Swansea - Millwall have been quite good defensively against the top sides this season, holding us to goalless draws. Swansea are on a run of 4 straight defeats, failing to score in all of them.

Derby v Norwich - Although Derby beat us at Carrow Road, they had to rely on a Pukki penalty miss and a late Rooney free kick. We also still hadn't got going then. Rooney should be there but if he is we all know that if he is he will be by to the pitch, not on it. We have just thrashed a team 7-0, and am I not right in thinking we have the best away record in the Championship?

As a result of this I think there is quite a high chance, but we'll see

• Like 1