13 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Atletti - now that’s problem for us. The others (I doubt ) could afford him? 

Yep I think your right then, Buendia going back to Madrid to play for an Argentinan legend to supply goals with Felix Joao for a striker like Luis Suarez. I'd be amazed if that didn't appeal to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't panic noone will pay our fee to buy EMI.  He will be here next season and get a move to a proper club for £40m or maybe more after a successful PL season.  Give him a contract that the other lesser minnows will not be able to meet £40 k per week for 2 years.  A proper contract will be signed I am certain.

Atletico would also be the kind of move that would put him in the running to represent his country too. Especially, as @Move Klose rightly noted, he'd be playing for an excellent manager who happened to be a staple of the Argentine national team for a long time.

Besides, wasn't Emi at Real as a junior but didn't quite make it, hence his going to Getafe? Madrid would hardly be new territory for him.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Just cant see Emi being here next year with the names currently circulated. He is ambitious and would be a big step up for him either be it at Atheletico or otherwise. Its just about getting as much as physically possible for him now.

I'm more relaxed about selling him with us back in the prem because of the money that secures and yo know also that if we sell its going to be for stupid money. Having said that, i would be gutted if we did sell as I've said on another thread. I just hope we can persuade our leading lights to give us another season to try and keep us up for once and leave us in an even stronger position.

If we have to sell one then I think Max is more replaceable (for not ridiculous money) than Emi would be just because of the position he plays. 

28 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Atletti - now that’s problem for us. The others (I doubt ) could afford him? 

Villarreal struck me as very unlikely, unless they've got a minted owner I don't know about.

We have a hard enough job replacing Skipp next season but losing Emi is much harder. 3 years of telepathic connection built with Pukki would be nigh impossible to replace with another player.

I guess it all depends on what Emi's ambitions are, if I were him I'd be holding out for a top club in England top 6 or so

I would much rather go to Madrid than any city in this country that has a top 6 club.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I would much rather go to Madrid than any city in this country that has a top 6 club.

You've obviously never been to Leicester in June

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kirku said:

You've obviously never been to Leicester in June

He’d be on holiday then 😄

• Haha 1

Have no doubt that he has designs to go back to Spain at some point, but get the overwhelming feeling from everything he himself has said, is that a career in the Premier League is his ultimate club level ambition for the foreseeable. So not unduly worried about the Spanish links myself. Think it’s your Arsenal's etc that are the bigger threats to us right now - but that said, I honestly think we’ve got him for another season, at which point he’ll be worth about £75mil with any luck.

If we get huge money, can't see him not going. Worst part is I dont think we will see anyone like him at Carrow road for a very long time, he's been quality all over the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

He’d be on holiday then 😄

Enjoying the fine sights of Leicester, if he's got any sense 😆

• Haha 1

I am sure Webber and Farke are doing everything they possibly can to persuade Buendia (and our other exceptional talent) to stay for at least another season. However, I for one would not judge Buendia harshly if he decided his footballing future was best served by moving to one of the top English or other european clubs. He will remain a legend at City whatever he chooses. One can only assume that Webber and Farke have been busily identifying potential replacements in case the worse happens. Either way there is nowt to gain from fretting about the possibilities.

If anyone offers three years in Spain on good money and you speak the language as your first then why would you turn it down.

As long as it meets our valuation then the self sustaining model is working.

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

We have a hard enough job replacing Skipp next season but losing Emi is much harder. 3 years of telepathic connection built with Pukki would be nigh impossible to replace with another player.

And I think theres more chance of Aaron's moving on than Buendia. So maybe have to replace Aaron's, Skipp & Buendia 😪

For me our model does bring in a level of respect from a player to our ongoing development and success as NCFC.

If any bid for any of our players meets the valuation that the club decides is fair then they will allow conversations to flow, I am not naive to say that agents, clubs and other parties can manufacture moves but after the interest in Aarons in January from Roma and the reported pieces by the player himself and Webber it was handled in a certain way.

Our model is to develop and prepare players to be the best they can be here but also elsewhere, a number of players have grown up after being in the spotlight and proved they belong in it by staying in it, many this season at CR and those that have flown the nest and performed at other clubs.

I am delighted when a player moves that he performs, Morris, Godfrey, both Murphys, Madders etc.

Lewis will continue to develop and again with the right formation and tactics is a premier league left back.

Buendia can be a perfect piece to build a team around any established European team from the more prominent leagues looking to play in the Europa but more likely Champions League.

We have seen this player light up the championship previously, be part of a team that at times played superby in the premier league but injuries and other factors led to relegation. 

The rebuild over the summer of confidence, process, desire etc is superb this season and Buendia is a player that again has lit up the league by showing his exceptional talent, a number of his goals and assists are outstanding and if he did them in the premier league he could well be on the back pages of the national papers instead of just the write ups. He is that exceptional.

Long let in continue, the time will come and he has just a new born so the family are getting settled, that may help with some things.

One thing I will say is what Farke, Webber and the coaching team have done has made a player develop year on year. Previously there have been some that have been sold after a year and TBH I always would look and think they can't get any better and so the price is the ceiling for that player. We have seen it in the past and I am sure there are still some players in our future where we will miss out on a big selling fee. But right now we have Buendia, Aarons, Cantwell and a few others growing each and every week and season.

It's fine. The more clubs interested the more likely we'll receive adequate compensation. £50M is looking more and more likely.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

If we get huge money, can't see him not going. Worst part is I dont think we will see anyone like him at Carrow road for a very long time, he's been quality all over the pitch.

I said something similar about Maddison.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I said something similar about Maddison.

Yes me too! And before him, I said this about Wes.

I think Emi is the best of the 3 personally and I won’t begrudge it if he gets a big move this summer, Atletico would make sense for lots of reasons.  The following year he’ll have one less year on his contract so I can see Webber deciding we have to accept £40m and let him go.

also this encourages other players coming through that doing well at City can really help their careers. We want young & hungry players but inevitably that means they are ambitious.

2 hours ago, kirku said:

Enjoying the fine sights of Leicester, if he's got any sense 😆

Which are? Lived there for two years in early eighties from Nottingham, Leicestershire OK, Leicester a **** place!

2 hours ago, Steve White said:

Which are? Lived there for two years in early eighties from Nottingham, Leicestershire OK, Leicester a **** place!

Haven't you heard? Leicester is a marvel these days

Sell Buendia to Atletico

Loan him back to Norwich

We get: Buendia for next season + money to sign a big player immediately

Buendia gets: certainty and security about future + PL "redemption run" with Pukki

Atletico gets: Buendia for 22/23

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Atletico would also be the kind of move that would put him in the running to represent his country too. Especially, as @Move Klose rightly noted, he'd be playing for an excellent manager who happened to be a staple of the Argentine national team for a long time.

Besides, wasn't Emi at Real as a junior but didn't quite make it, hence his going to Getafe? Madrid would hardly be new territory for him.

Sweet for him though  after being let go at Real , if he  ended up playing well against them in Madrid Derby....that I could quite enjoy, just not for a couple more seasons please 

15 hours ago, pete said:

Don't panic noone will pay our fee to buy EMI.  He will be here next season and get a move to a proper club for £40m or maybe more after a successful PL season.  Give him a contract that the other lesser minnows will not be able to meet £40 k per week for 2 years.  A proper contract will be signed I am certain.

Athletico Madrid and Sevilla are huge clubs and likely to be more attractive to Emi than anywhere in England. Have a look at their European records over the last 10 years and bear in mind the attraction to an Argentinian of playing in Spain. I'd be surprised if Athletico wasn't top of his list.

I'm afraid that £40k a week is about half of what it would take to keep Emi here. He could earn double that with around 10 clubs in the Premier League.