Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

4-4-2 EFL top 50 players

Interesting - have not heard of this list before, but it seems we have 4 players named in the top 15 - Emi (2nd), Teemu (3rd), Max (11th) and Todd (13th) - but that’s it for the rest of the top 50 in this league

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/april/four-canaries-named-in-fourfourtwos-top-50-efl-players/

I don’t know if there’s a max of 4 per side, or if loan players are excluded, but I was particularly astonished that there’s 50 better players than Skipp in this division, also Krul. 

I can’t find the actual article, so can’t get answers to the questions I immediately have - like what are the criteria for their rankings? 

I don't read 442 magazine, I assume it's just a bit of fun and nobody takes things like this seriously because that's laughable. Buendia is by far the best player in this league, i assume Sarr was picked as No.1 even though I haven't seen the list because he cost 40 million and can run fast, let's see who ends up having the better career out of those two...

20 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't read 442 magazine, I assume it's just a bit of fun and nobody takes things like this seriously because that's laughable. Buendia is by far the best player in this league, i assume Sarr was picked as No.1 even though I haven't seen the list because he cost 40 million and can run fast, let's see who ends up having the better career out of those two...

Toney was the number one - it's voted for by fans and was carried out weeks ago when Brentford had already won the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Toney was the number one - it's voted for by fans and was carried out weeks ago when Brentford had already won the league.

🤣 Certainly hasn’t dated well, has it? In just a couple of weeks.

Fans voting for things never seems to work does it? It is completely unfathomable that Krul and Skipp are not even in the top 50, and you can probably add Hanley/Gibson to that list as well as they must be amongst the two best centre backs in the league!

We'll probably find the team of the season will be mostly Brentford and Watford players and Farke won't win manager of the season again either 🤣

Once fans get involved in votes like this you will always get biased opinions.

I for one would rather listen to the ex pro’s and managers who do the commentary/punditry on Sky and the like (but definitely  not MOTD).

All of those who have recently been involved with our games have said that Buendia is by far the best player in the Championship this season.

Whilst I appreciate that not all ex pro’s talk sense (Danny Mills and Robbie Savage immediately come to mind) the vast majority do.

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Fans voting for things never seems to work does it? It is completely unfathomable that Krul and Skipp are not even in the top 50, and you can probably add Hanley/Gibson to that list as well as they must be amongst the two best centre backs in the league!

We'll probably find the team of the season will be mostly Brentford and Watford players and Farke won't win manager of the season again either 🤣

Toney is a good striker. Is he the best player in the league? No. Buendia is the best clearly. Sarr is better than Toney. I dont even think hes Brentfords best player(Dasilva) let alone best in the league.

• Like 1

I agree about DaSilva - I think he'd be a great addition if they don't go up. 

• Like 1

Tim is potentially the best keeper in the league however since he has had very little opportunity to show how good he is due to our excellent defensive performance this season he couldn't expect to be in the list.  Those with plenty to do are just not good enough to make the list.

Ivan Toney best player in the Championship! It's reassuring to hear that he's back on form after the operation to remove him Ben Gibson's pocket.

The only two opposition players I would want in our team are the Middlesbrough centre half whose name escapes me and Sarr at Watford assuming that Daniel could teach him to concentrate on playing and not trying to maim the opposition

Edited by dylanisabaddog

59 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ivan Toney best player in the Championship! It's reassuring to hear that he's back on form after the operation to remove him Ben Gibson's pocket.

The only two opposition players I would want in our team are the Middlesbrough centre half whose name escapes me and Sarr at Watford assuming that Daniel could teach him to concentrate on playing and not trying to maim the opposition

Fry? Is that the Boro player?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Fry? Is that the Boro player?

That's who I was thinking of. Was excellent against us.

On 08/04/2021 at 12:06, sgncfc said:

I agree about DaSilva - I think he'd be a great addition if they don't go up. 

I like Grimes at Swansea too, if they don't go up.

Both significant improvements to that box-to-box spot.