cambridgeshire canary

So Villa fans are wanting to sign Emi..

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Exactly my point ๐Ÿ‘

So I think we're in agreement that it's likely that none of those players chose Leeds just because of Bielsa.

100%, having him as coach is just the icing on the cake.๐Ÿ˜€

7 hours ago, Robornio said:

Itโ€™s also amusing that Leeds fans and local media in Yorkshire think they have a chance of signing Emi too...

https://tbrfootball.com/leeds-fans-react-as-emi-buendia-shines-for-norwich-city/
ย 

Thereโ€™s more chance of Emi being the first Argentinian in space than joining them!

(Disclaimer: I know its largely clickbait, but...) That article peed me off. Describing Emi as a Championship player - where did he play last season?ย  And how did he perform, despite playing for the team for finished last? Also saying "Premier League" teams are interested in him - has the author seen the current Championship table???

First of all, we should offer him the best contract we can. If he refuses and probably will, then its just about getting the most cash out of any transfer as possible. He can move to anyone for as far as im concerned, providing we get a decent wedge.

I still think it would send out an absolutely TERRIBLE signal to sell Max and Emi this summer having just been promoted. i can;t really think of a club ever selling their two best players following promotion. We got slated last time for not investing sufficiently in the squad to stay up and whilst i completely understand the point about not standing in the way of big moves for players being part of our model, I woulod be gutted not to have another crack at the premier league with Emi, Todd, Pukku and Max all in tandem.ย 

IF we do sell one or both of them then every last penny would needย to be reinvested into 4 or 5 proper signings that have the physciality we lacked last time we were up.ย 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Villarreal are all now being linked. Would be incredibly tough to keep him if either of the first two make a move as they can offer Champions League football next season, and it would be tough to begrudge him the move too. Hopefully it's paper talk...

You couldnt begrudge him of a move to a A.Madrid or Sevilla, I would assume a move back to Spain would appeal to him. Whatever happens we either keep an excellent player or receive a very large transfer fee.ย 

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I still think it would send out an absolutely TERRIBLE signal to sell Max and Emi this summer having just been promoted. i can;t really think of a club ever selling their two best players following promotion. We got slated last time for not investing sufficiently in the squad to stay up and whilst i completely understand the point about not standing in the way of big moves for players being part of our model, I woulod be gutted not to have another crack at the premier league with Emi, Todd, Pukku and Max all in tandem.ย 

IF we do sell one or both of them then every last penny would needย to be reinvested into 4 or 5 proper signings that have the physciality we lacked last time we were up.ย 

The only chance the likes of Max or Emi will be sold is to a big club and for alot of money, all that money would go back into investing in new players.

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

The only chance the likes of Max or Emi will be sold is to a big club and for alot of money, all that money would go back into investing in new players.

All that money should we see sell one or both should be reinvested. History teaches you it wonโ€™t though.ย 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

All that money should we see sell one or both should be reinvested. History teaches you it wonโ€™t though.ย 

I think its different this time round though, no debts to pay off, no training ground to pay for.

29 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

How often are clubs promoted and their best players are wanted by top 4 teams in the league willing to pay 40, maybe ยฃ50 million though?

The only reason it's a possibility is that we held onto them for this season in the first place. Most clubs would have sold upon relegation, often because they have no choice but to.

I'm afraid I'd only accept selling Emi or Max this summer if Delia was willing to either empty her savings to give to the club or set to sell to a billionaire who was willing to pump their money to cover the costs of players shortly after.

I know we would get lots of money for them,ย but I just can't see how we would be able to sign replacements. The cash that we got for themย would have to cover the costs of both the transfer fees and wages of the the replacements, and most equivalants ofย Emi/Max are at big clubs, on high wages, and would have no desire to join a relegation threatened club

12 hours ago, Robornio said:

Itโ€™s also amusing that Leeds fans and local media in Yorkshire think they have a chance of signing Emi too...

https://tbrfootball.com/leeds-fans-react-as-emi-buendia-shines-for-norwich-city/
ย 

Thereโ€™s more chance of Emi being the first Argentinian in space than joining them!

Wasn't there some kind of link between Leeds and Getafe?

With Emi what you are competing with is :ย 

Money. We can pay him serious wages next year .ย 
Long term contract : we canโ€™t do that. So a clause has to be inserted allowing him to leave (on relegation)ย 

Winning trophies. Tricky . How many clubs can seriously offer this ? Top six ?ย 
ย 

Playing . Top six teams canโ€™t guarantee that . Even Man City rotate . We can not only guarantee him starting but also base the team around him.ย 

Can we replace him ? For the money we get ? I canโ€™t see it .ย 

Agree re contract details as above.ย  But anyone wanting to sign Emi now will have to pay our fee which has probably gone up recently ยฃ50m not unheard of.ย  As long as someone pays but uncertain with club finances after Covid.ย  Next season after a season as successful as this Emi will be worth the sort of money as Grealish is said to be worth.ย  With Emi we could survive PL without Emi no chance so gamble on keeping Emi in PL to try to stay in the league.ย  Will need to perform in PLย to retain his profiile will be still worth many millions if relegated.

But feel we need to have Emi to sign contract in region of ยฃ40k per week to keepย him motivated until he leaves for a CL club.

3 hours ago, pete said:

Agree re contract details as above.ย  But anyone wanting to sign Emi now will have to pay our fee which has probably gone up recently ยฃ50m not unheard of.ย  As long as someone pays but uncertain with club finances after Covid.ย  Next season after a season as successful as this Emi will be worth the sort of money as Grealish is said to be worth.ย  With Emi we could survive PL without Emi no chance so gamble on keeping Emi in PL to try to stay in the league.ย  Will need to perform in PLย to retain his profiile will be still worth many millions if relegated.

But feel we need to have Emi to sign contract in region of ยฃ40k per week to keepย him motivated until he leaves for a CL club.

I'm afraid ยฃ40k a week is about half of what would be required

• Like 1

What a joke. When he leaves it will be for a Champions League level club and within a few games he'll quickly establish himself as their best player. Villa are a big club but Emi is already too good for themย