cambridgeshire canary

So Villa fans are wanting to sign Emi..

🤣 The only way Villa would be signing him is if we dont get promoted, I'm not sure that will happen now 🤣

One day he will leave us and it will be for one of the big guns, I know Villa are a big club blah blah but he wont be leaving us to join villa.

I could understand Emi wanting to go to a top 6 club. No way will he end up at Villa.

Edited by horsefly

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I could understand Emi wanting to go to a top 6 club. No way will he end up at Villa.

If an Everton or Leicester came in for him, then he would probably go. Not a Leeds or a Villa.

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

If an Everton or Leicester came in for him, then he would probably go. Not a Leeds or a Villa.

Well Leicester could certainly be competing for top 6, and possibly Everton. It's also a case of a team having the £40m available to buy him. Villa are well in debt and would have to sell Grealish first, but as I said I just can't see him regarding that as a big enough step up in his career. 

Yeah I'd be pretty annoyed if we sold him to Villa. I get not standing in his way if a really big team comes in for him but Villa aren't that anymore.

Edited by king canary
Typos
  • Like 1

I think Emi will end up at Leicester. Fits their style of play and is eminently better than the likes of Albrighton and Perez. And they will in all probability have CL football to look forward to

When it’s time for Emi to move on the only thing City will be interested in is the transfer fee. They won’t give a toss who the club is so long as they can pay our price.

6 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

When it’s time for Emi to move on the only thing City will be interested in is the transfer fee. They won’t give a toss who the club is so long as they can pay our price.

Very true. Hopefully Emi himself will be a bit more discerning about who he chooses to play for though. 

True but could Leeds and/or Villa stump up that sort of money? And could they offer him what he would want? I'm also not so sure that the club would be keen to sell to teams they would see as those they would want to try and compete with.

I think he would rather move to a Champions League ambitious club. And by that I mean realistically ambitious. People get fixated with the UK, but I can see him playing for Atletico Madrid, or a top German side like Dortmund and he'd get Champions League football and almost certainly be called up to the national side as a result.

Can't see it being Leicester - no space in their team unless they move Maddison or Tielemans on for bigger money. Not many others have the money we would want - Arsenal still the best fit for me, if they can raise the cash and want him. Emi feeding Aubameyang would be interesting. The Liverpool talk has to be rubbish - they wouldn't pay what we want and he doesn't fit their system.

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Can't see it being Leicester - no space in their team unless they move Maddison or Tielemans on for bigger money. Not many others have the money we would want - Arsenal still the best fit for me, if they can raise the cash and want him. Emi feeding Aubameyang would be interesting. The Liverpool talk has to be rubbish - they wouldn't pay what we want and he doesn't fit their system.

As I stated, sell Maddison, sign Buendia and improve your starting eleven. I agree with you though, Arsenal a perfect fit for Emi to shine at the next level. 

Add Everton fans to that as well!😃 What a player he is, the next James Maddison, a better one as well, Moshiri empty your pockets, emi is coming to Goodison!

1 minute ago, BlueToffee said:

Add Everton fans to that as well!😃 What a player he is, the next James Maddison, a better one as well, Moshiri empty your pockets, emi is coming to Goodison!

I mean if he were to join you lot or the villa much prefer he joins the toffees

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean if he were to join you lot or the villa much prefer he joins the toffees

Yeah, you would think villa wouldn't attract him as you're going to the premier league anyways and next season villa would be fighting with you, I don't rate them, lucky as hell and that would be a sideways move for him. Also if you can compare Buendia to a player right now, who would that be?

42 minutes ago, BlueToffee said:

Yeah, you would think villa wouldn't attract him as you're going to the premier league anyways and next season villa would be fighting with you, I don't rate them, lucky as hell and that would be a sideways move for him. Also if you can compare Buendia to a player right now, who would that be?

A very decent club are Everton but Buendia can hold out and sign for a bigger and better one. 

6 hours ago, BlueToffee said:

I've been watching Norwich for 50 years and in that time we've had some exceptional players and teams. And some awful ones too. I've never seen anything quite like Emi. He should be playing at the very highest level.

It's really difficult to compare him to any other player. For a start he is as close to being 2 footed as is possible. There are very few players capable of consistently scoring from 25 yards with either foot. For a defender that is a nightmare because you can't just force him on to his weakest foot.

I doubt Everton would get the best out of him though. Calvert-Lewin is a great player but Emi's strength is feeding someone with exceptional speed and movement.

There's been lots of talk about where he'll end up. Sadly, the answer is probably the club that offers him the most money. I'm hoping he goes to Spain or Germany. I really don't want to watch him playing for anyone else at Carrow Road.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robornio said:

It’s also amusing that Leeds fans and local media in Yorkshire think they have a chance of signing Emi too...

https://tbrfootball.com/leeds-fans-react-as-emi-buendia-shines-for-norwich-city/

There’s more chance of Emi being the first Argentinian in space than joining them!

You can scoff but Leeds have the money and he'd be coached by Bielsa which seems to appeal. Personally I think he should stay put for a season along with Cantwell and Aarons and make a real go of keeping Norwich in the PL. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

You can scoff but Leeds have the money and he'd be coached by Bielsa which seems to appeal. Personally I think he should stay put for a season along with Cantwell and Aarons and make a real go of keeping Norwich in the PL. 

Here we go again, it's the Bielsa is the best coach in the world speech again 🤷🏻

Emi is class pure and simple. He has that raw talent that can’t be coached. I can honestly see him in a PSG or Juventus team he’s that good. A lot of people may scoff but we’ve had Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, United, Liverpool, etc all take a look at our players. We’re obviously doing something right. No longer the feeder club who sells to a mid table prem team who eventually sells them on for inflated prices. 

5 hours ago, Robornio said:

It’s also amusing that Leeds fans and local media in Yorkshire think they have a chance of signing Emi too...

https://tbrfootball.com/leeds-fans-react-as-emi-buendia-shines-for-norwich-city/

There’s more chance of Emi being the first Argentinian in space than joining them!

Bielsa is Argentinian so Emi might want to go and play for him so I wouldn’t way Leeds are out of the equation assuming they have £40-50m to spare.

4 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Here we go again, it's the Bielsa is the best coach in the world speech again 🤷🏻

Didn't say that, having him as coach though does help attract good players to the club which is why they were able to buy two Spanish internationals, a German international and a Brazilian last year. Farke and the set up at Norwich will be looked at in the same way by players and their agents.  

2 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Didn't say that, having him as coach though does help attract good players to the club which is why they were able to buy two Spanish internationals, a German international and a Brazilian last year. Farke and the set up at Norwich will be looked at in the same way by players and their agents.  

Of course coaches attract players but so does money.

Not every player that joined Leeds joined because of Bielsa, they joined first and foremost because the money on offer was attractive as was playing in the Premier League.

Would any of those players chosen Leeds had Man City, Liverpool or Man Utd come calling, of course not.

9 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Of course coaches attract players but so does money.

Not every player that joined Leeds joined because of Bielsa, they joined first and foremost because the money on offer was attractive as was playing in the Premier League.

Would any of those players chosen Leeds had Man City, Liverpool or Man Utd come calling, of course not.

But they probably wouldn't choose WBA, Newcastle or Burnley over Leeds either.😉

Just now, DraytonBoy said:

But they probably wouldn't choose WBA, Newcastle or Burnley over Leeds either.😉

Exactly my point 👍

So I think we're in agreement that it's likely that none of those players chose Leeds just because of Bielsa.