Sign in to follow this  
pete

New Contracts for PL?

Hope there is not the blanket contract extensions for each of the squad as happened after promotion in 2019.  Rather see contract renewals after securing PL safety or relegation, the players kept hungry and motivated.  However new contracts must be offered to Max, Emi and Todd and these need to be generous in the £40k per week area.  Todd because he will be able to walk away for nothing unless he is signed up.  The fees we are expecting for Emi £40k and Max £35k are unlikely to be met after the financial ramifications of Covid.  Without these stars we have little chance of succeeding in PL safety and if we get relegated they will want to get away and if they have performed as expected we can expect to get those fees after a Covid free season when finances should have improved. 

As long as the contracts are attractive the players should sign and agree to play for Norwich in the PL.  p    

You're a funny fish Pete. Firstly, the contracts which the bulk of our squad signed on promotion last time would have been 'generous', otherwise they wouldn't have signed up to these (in most cases) long term deals. 

Todd won't be able to 'walk away for nothing' as you put it because he will still have a year left on his deal this summer plus the club holds an option for another year on top of that. 

And finally, I think you mean fees of £40 million for Emi and £35 million for Max. £40k for Emi and £35k for Max seems a little on the cheap side.

• Like 1

We seem to have stuck with largely the same eleven players this season, so I don't think the fringe players could really stake much of a claim for a pay rise.

Whilst Max, Todd and Emi are the obvious ones, I would assume Hanley, McLean and Pukki would get new deals. That's assuming they don't already have a pay increase clause in their existing contracts.

Krul has just signed a new deal.

The rest of the eleven (Giannoulis, Gibson and Skipp) are already arranged.

Who, outside of the starting eleven, could make a case... Rupp? Vrancic? Dowell?

5 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

We seem to have stuck with largely the same eleven players this season, so I don't think the fringe players could really stake much of a claim for a pay rise.

Whilst Max, Todd and Emi are the obvious ones, I would assume Hanley, McLean and Pukki would get new deals. That's assuming they don't already have a pay increase clause in their existing contracts.

Krul has just signed a new deal.

Who, outside of the starting eleven, could make a case... Rupp? Vrancic? Dowell?

I don't think it's about making a case, the contract will either state it or it won't.

35 minutes ago, pete said:

The fees we are expecting for Emi £40k and Max £35k are unlikely to be met

Crikey Pete, is that it, I’m expecting @Ken Hairy to spend more than that on each of my cars when we finish in the top 1 next season

25 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Have I missed some (exceptionally good) news?

I think we have to think of paying our top players more to keep them.

For instance, if we had to sell Emi, to even come close to replacing him, would mean a large outlay anyway, particularly on wages.

If we had to pay him another 20K a week to keep him, then that million could end up saving us in the end.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I don't think it's about making a case, the contract will either state it or it won't.

"That's assuming they don't already have a pay increase clause in their existing contracts." 

As I mentioned.

I would assume that those players whose salaries were cut after relegation would automatically increase again upon promotion.

I would assume a lot of the clauses are appearance based. For example, Mario Vrancic didn't start enough games in the 2018/19 promotion season to warrant a bonus/pay rise. The new deal that they offered him at the end of that season included the bonus as recognition to his contributions.

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

The new deal that they offered him at the end of that season included the bonus as recognition to his contributions.

Are you ITK on that one then as your level of insider knowledge could be useful 🤷🏻

All players will most likely get a pay increase as part of promotion in their contracts, one would assume - but as Yellow and Green says above those that haven't been playing probably won't get the promotion bonus. 

There probably will be a few new contracts go out, the following are out of contract;

Tettey, McGovern, Vrancic, Nyland

and these expire the following year;

Pukki, Leitner, Rupp, Cantwell

I can imagine Cantwell and Pukki getting new deals, as well as possibly Rupp. Tettey, McGovern and Vrancic are a bit up in the air, Also if we sign Nyland do we need McGovern any longer?

Edited by AJ

Where is the money coming from? No season ticket renewals as we are all on carry forward. COVID losses. No immediate PL cash.Do we have a money tree?

25 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

Where is the money coming from? No season ticket renewals as we are all on carry forward. COVID losses. No immediate PL cash.Do we have a money tree?

As we all know, Football Manager is basically real life, and on that you get a bumper slice of the Premier League TV money mid-June.

There won't be any new contracts like last time to the likes of Stiepermann, Zimmermann etc.

They might tie down some of the big guns down but I cant see them signing longer ones than they are already on.