On 08/04/2021 at 00:30, Six Pack said:

Dowell's an Everton reject - they have tried everything to get rid of him and hit the jackpot this season. Best youth product since Ross Barkley ?!  - why isn't he in the Everton squad or at another Premier league team  ? The first half of football against Huddersfield was probably one of the best first halves in our history and all the players performed well to a certain extent. But if you can spot a lemon amongst all those oranges out there  - which none of you guys can - you'd realise he's a dud !

We are playing Bournemouth &, Watford in a couple of weeks - sides with premier league players which will mark Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki closely. It will be 11 against 11. We will see if Dowell can step up & make the difference and also show he has the potential to play in the premier league next season.

Anyone can look good if you have Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki in your team against a punch-drunk lower championship opponent !

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are way off the mark here. Dowell has been brilliant lately. I bet you're the type of person who celebrated yesterday until you realised who put the ball in the net?

15 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Didn't think anyone other than Hanley really shone in the 2nd half.

Thought the Greek and McLean were pretty good. 

Other than that we looked scared witless, Derby gave us a real fright. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

12 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are way off the mark here. Dowell has been brilliant lately. I bet you're the type of person who celebrated yesterday until you realised who put the ball in the net?

No my opinion on this forum does not mean I hate Dowell and hope that he fails ! I support all our players while on the pitch. I actually thought that he'd score from that freekick - because he was just marginally wide with his first one (FK). So I'm happy he contributed to the win. No never suggest that I don't support the players during a game - what next - you suggest that I'd want us to lose because certain people are playing or not playing ? I afraid you're way off the mark !

Dowell will stay in the starting 11 for the rest of the relevant season because Farke has finally twigged that Buendia is hopeless at taking corners and free-kicks and that there is someone in the squad who is simply better, even without yesterday's corker.We have a couple of potentially tight matches coming up and could need some success at set pieces. But next season? Hmmm. Dubious.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Six Pack said:

No my opinion on this forum does not mean I hate Dowell and hope that he fails ! I support all our players while on the pitch. I actually thought that he'd score from that freekick - because he was just marginally wide with his first one (FK). So I'm happy he contributed to the win. No never suggest that I don't support the players during a game - what next - you suggest that I'd want us to lose because certain people are playing or not playing ? I afraid you're way off the mark !

Didnt mean it like that, just thought you came across as one of them fans which we often get online. So I apologise x

Dowell had Championship loan spells with Derby and Wigan last season, also with Notts Forest and Sheffield Utd in their promotion season. He didn’t do very well at Derby but did impress at Wigan. When we signed him I was looking forward to seeing him play and he scored our first goal of the season, our consolation in the League Cup defeat to Luton. He was first choice until he got injured early on against Preston and wasn’t back until late December, by which time he had lost his place to Vrancic.

Having already made 76 appearances in the 2nd tier, including a recent successful loan I was convinced he would cut it for us. Had he not got injured I reckon we would have been seeing him starting to hit form around October-November. He’s not a player who I think will cut it next season but I do believe that in a couple of years time he might turn out to be the next James Maddison.