He seems to be finding his feet at last

a good run in the next six games should set him up for the PL

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Chipping in with a few goals too, lots more to come from this lad. 

I thought he was a great signing as he did really well at Wigan last season, and looks like he might even be getting into form soon. Felt really sorry for his injury, as had he not picked it up I reckon we would have started seeing this a lot earlier

The timing of his injury really did suck, but he's got the chance now to most likely start all the remaining games which should give him a great platform to prove what he's all about. If the last few games are anything to go by then it looks like he's starting to find his swag in that front 4

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Just thought I’d have a nose on the Everton forum to see if they’ve picked up on this, and they certainly have. One poster saying he reckons Dowell is their best youth product since Ross Barkley.

But on another slightly more infuriating note, they have a 52 page thread entitled ’Maximillian James Aarons’, which as if the title isn’t poncey enough alone talking like he’s one of their own, the to55ers have even got the bloody cheek to have given him some affectionate, but sh1t, nickname already. I kid you not... ‘AERO’. Bloody ‘AERO’. Jesus Christ 🤦🏻‍♂️

And it doesn’t finish there. One poster doesn’t want Buendia because he’s got no ‘pedigree’. Well, I’m guessing said posters got no TV.

(Happy with that @Mullet? Ha ha)

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Just thought I’d have a nose on the Everton forum to see if they’ve picked up on this, and they certainly have. One poster saying he reckons Dowell is their best youth product since Ross Barkley.

But on another slightly more infuriating note, they have a 52 page thread entitled ’Maximillian James Aarons’, which as if the title isn’t poncey enough alone talking like he’s one of their own, the to55ers have even got the bloody cheek to have given him some affectionate, but sh1t, nickname already. I kid you not... ‘AERO’. Bloody ‘AERO’. Jesus Christ 🤦🏻‍♂️

And it doesn’t finish there. One poster doesn’t want Buendia because he’s got no ‘pedigree’. Well, I’m guessing said posters got no TV.

(Happy with that @Mullet? Ha ha)

Hello, I use that forum and peek in here for a few reasons:

1. To see how Dowell is doing and saw the assist for that goal in the 7-0, he is really a prospect and glad he's doing so well, apart from ross Barkley tho, we've had no good youth coming up, maybe Gordon, on loan for Preston right now.

2. To sneak around and see your opinions on Aarons. Seen his stats but in the forum and when I've watched he's been unlucky, the worst one was when he crossed it to your player 4 yards out and headered it wide vs Wycombe. Would love him at Everton as Coleman is getting along now and we need extra pace and creativity.

3. Buendia, would love him at Everton, he's got everything and just looks like a world class player waiting to happen, to your despise I can see him going to Everton hopefully, just the creativity we need and a good mix of youth and experience as well. We also have cash to spend due to great owners all the time and he seems a good buy. Leicester could also pinch him like they did to Maddison, you've had some great player brake through to sell on, one is Godfrey who is amazing and one of our best players this season

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hmmm...Barca, Bayern or Everton - I wonder which of those I’d dismiss first if I were Aarons (clue: it’s Everton). 

Hmmmm... first team football and Carlo, also barca have sergio dest, and bayern have pavard and kimmich infront of him + england as well 😅

Edited by BlueToffee

I think they would be great additions at Everton. That said, and despite your new owners, could you really afford both in the same transfer window?

You are looking at £60-70million for the pair, and that's before you address any other issues in your squad. I would say Spurs are the more likely to get Aarons at this point, especially if Skipp can be involved in the deal, perhaps another year loan as part of it.

Might be worth mentioning to your fellow Everton fans that calling him "Aero" probably isn't a very clever idea considering how long it took him to actually share people were pronouncing his name wrong. 

Dowell's an Everton reject - they have tried everything to get rid of him and hit the jackpot this season. Best youth product since Ross Barkley ?!  - why isn't he in the Everton squad or at another Premier league team  ? The first half of football against Huddersfield was probably one of the best first halves in our history and all the players performed well to a certain extent. But if you can spot a lemon amongst all those oranges out there  - which none of you guys can - you'd realise he's a dud !

We are playing Bournemouth &, Watford in a couple of weeks - sides with premier league players which will mark Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki closely. It will be 11 against 11. We will see if Dowell can step up & make the difference and also show he has the potential to play in the premier league next season.

Anyone can look good if you have Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki in your team against a punch-drunk lower championship opponent !

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think they would be great additions at Everton. That said, and despite your new owners, could you really afford both in the same transfer window?

You are looking at £60-70million for the pair, and that's before you address any other issues in your squad. I would say Spurs are the more likely to get Aarons at this point, especially if Skipp can be involved in the deal, perhaps another year loan as part of it.

Might be worth mentioning to your fellow Everton fans that calling him "Aero" probably isn't a very clever idea considering how long it took him to actually share people were pronouncing his name wrong. 

If you've looked at our past we've spent 60-70 mil on absolute rubbish so we could afford both but shouldn't, but I do think it's probably one or the other, I'll also give feedback to the members on grandoldteam that 'aero' isn't the greatest nickname! 😂 Anyways, I'm getting you off topic on the Dowell forum, sorry about that.

2 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Dowell's an Everton reject - they have tried everything to get rid of him and hit the jackpot this season. Best youth product since Ross Barkley ?!  - why isn't he in the Everton squad or at another Premier league team  ? The first half of football against Huddersfield was probably one of the best first halves in our history and all the players performed well to a certain extent. But if you can spot a lemon amongst all those oranges out there  - which none of you guys can - you'd realise he's a dud !

We are playing Bournemouth &, Watford in a couple of weeks - sides with premier league players which will mark Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki closely. It will be 11 against 11. We will see if Dowell can step up & make the difference and also show he has the potential to play in the premier league next season.

Anyone can look good if you have Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki in your team against a punch-drunk lower championship opponent !

Yep. You're the footballing genius of this forum all right. Certainly you've proven your worth vs the likes of Farke.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Did he jilt you or something? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep. You're the footballing genius of this forum all right. Certainly you've proven your worth vs the likes of Farke.

All managers can make errors  ! DF is generally good with players.  We can cut our loses and sell him or loan him out.

7 hours ago, BlueToffee said:

Hello, I use that forum and peek in here for a few reasons:

1. To see how Dowell is doing and saw the assist for that goal in the 7-0, he is really a prospect and glad he's doing so well, apart from ross Barkley tho, we've had no good youth coming up, maybe Gordon, on loan for Preston right now.

2. To sneak around and see your opinions on Aarons. Seen his stats but in the forum and when I've watched he's been unlucky, the worst one was when he crossed it to your player 4 yards out and headered it wide vs Wycombe. Would love him at Everton as Coleman is getting along now and we need extra pace and creativity.

3. Buendia, would love him at Everton, he's got everything and just looks like a world class player waiting to happen, to your despise I can see him going to Everton hopefully, just the creativity we need and a good mix of youth and experience as well. We also have cash to spend due to great owners all the time and he seems a good buy. Leicester could also pinch him like they did to Maddison, you've had some great player brake through to sell on, one is Godfrey who is amazing and one of our best players this season

Ha ha, I actually have nothing against Everton though I find giving another clubs player a pet name already is a bit much/weird to say the least. It’s like calling another blokes girlfriend ‘Boo’ or something. There is a LOT of interest in Max from some of biggest names in world football, and whereas I think you’d be a good fit (and no doubt Ben G is buttering him up), there’s some serious competition for his signature. Regardless, I’ll stick my neck out and say that I think he’ll be with us until the end of next season, I have got the impression from Farke that he’d be quite happy to do another season with us in the Premier League. If we stay down though (unlikely), then that would definitely change things but right now he’s not another clubs to be giving him some affectionate and overly familiar pet name! He’s a yellow pal, not a blue.

6 hours ago, Six Pack said:

All managers can make errors  ! DF is generally good with players.  We can cut our loses and sell him or loan him out.

You did watch the passage of play for our 5th goal the other night, the bit where Buendia and Dowell linked up so well that they made Huddersfield's defense look like the Elgin marbles? 

He has no talent or footballing brain clearly.

7 hours ago, Six Pack said:

He's playing him in the final run in to secure a league title so Farke rates him. I certainly rate him above Vrancic for that number 10 position.

Dowell's biggest problem is that he's playing alongside Buendia and Cantwell. He obviously isn't as good as them, nor could we actually afford to pay the £30M+ it would cost to buy someone of a similar level. So it's a little unfair to judge him by the same standards.

His second problem is a slight lack of pace and possibly effort to track back. His position affords him the luxury of being less important to the defensive structure than the wider midfielders but it's quite a deficiency in a Farkeball team.

He's definitely improving with every game as he learns to link up with the other players (as perfectly demonstrated by the build-up to his goal). As to how good he will get or whether he'll be 'good enough' for the premier league, time will tell. I'm not really certain how much a premier league level no 10 costs these days, but it's definitely more than we are likely to spend.

I think he's doing fine, especially if we compare him to Stiepermann or Vrancic. It's not like we're overwhelmed with choice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlueToffee said:

Hmmmm... first team football and Carlo, also barca have sergio dest, and bayern have pavard and kimmich infront of him + england as well 😅

Tbh I think Norwich fans don't want to believe he will be gone, hence the pushback you're getting. I think he'll end up in England with a forward / upcoming team like everton. It will help matters that you've secured Godfrey too and seem to be one of a few clubs with cash

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Tbh I think Norwich fans don't want to believe he will be gone, hence the pushback you're getting. I think he'll end up in England with a forward / upcoming team like everton. It will help matters that you've secured Godfrey too and seem to be one of a few clubs with cash

Unfortunately Everton would be a pretty great move for Aarons. Would love to keep him but can't see it if they come in for him.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Unfortunately Everton would be a pretty great move for Aarons. Would love to keep him but can't see it if they come in for him.

Sorry back on the subject of Dowell, as I digress. As it stands albeit he has a level of technical ability, which won't be enough to get him by at Prem level. I will judge him after another pre season, but in my opinion as it stands, we do need a player who plays with a higher intensity than Dowell. He has elements of a good player and will only improve given his age, so I'm ready to be priced wrong. A new no. 10 of a better quality / competition for this space is needed IMO

He's been decent for sure, but he's still probably an area I would want to prioritise for strengthening over summer, I think a PL standard upgrade in that spot could really set us up. I'm currently not sure if we could accommodate Dowell against the physical sides, especially alongside Todd and Emi (if they stay) versus say West Ham, Palace, Burnley, Wolves etc etc. I think what we would want is a Rupp upgrade in that number 10 spot for the PL - more of an all rounder than Dowell currently is.

As others have said he can count himself unfortunate to be playing against Cantwell and Buendia who demand and dominate the ball for us. What we have seen from Dowell has been flashes of real quality but never the same level of impetus on the overall game as the former two. That's no criticism of Dowell by the way.

I would hazard a guess that we will see him used more from the bench next year than as a starter, although that may change dependent on who stays and who goes. 

Alongside a new CB and a Skipp replacement / Skipp the number 10 spot is top priority for an upgrade IMO.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He's been decent for sure, but he's still probably an area I would want to prioritise for strengthening over summer, I think a PL standard upgrade in that spot could really set us up. I'm currently not sure if we could accommodate Dowell against the physical sides, especially alongside Todd and Emi (if they stay) versus say West Ham, Palace, Burnley, Wolves etc etc. I think what we would want is a Rupp upgrade in that number 10 spot for the PL - more of an all rounder than Dowell currently is.

As others have said he can count himself unfortunate to be playing against Cantwell and Buendia who demand and dominate the ball for us. What we have seen from Dowell has been flashes of real quality but never the same level of impetus on the overall game as the former two. That's no criticism of Dowell by the way.

I would hazard a guess that we will see him used more from the bench next year than as a starter, although that may change dependent on who stays and who goes. 

Alongside a new CB and a Skipp replacement / Skipp the number 10 spot is top priority for an upgrade IMO.

I agree with this- I think there is an argument that we may not even use a number 10 next season and instead have someone who plays closer to the two deeper lying midfielders to give us more solidity. 

Dowell's best chance to playing regularly next season is probably if we sell Emi or Cantwell.

• Like 1

Just another point on Dowell and our 5th goal against Huddersfield. If you watch the full goal again you will see that the move we scored from initially came from a poor kick out by the Huddersfield goalie. One of the reasons for that poor kick was that the goalie was being aggressively pressured by a Norwich player.

You'll never guess who that player was............. well I expect all of us except Sixpack will - yes, none other than Kieran (lack of intensity) Dowell!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Just another point on Dowell and our 5th goal against Huddersfield. If you watch the full goal again you will see that the move we scored from initially came from a poor kick out by the Huddersfield goalie. One of the reasons for that poor kick was that the goalie was being aggressively pressured by a Norwich player.

You'll never guess who that player was............. well I expect all of us except Sixpack will - yes, none other than Kieran (lack of intensity) Dowell!

I'm sure Sixpack will put you right on this. It wasn't that Dowell was pressuring the keeper, he was clearly just too lazy to retreat. And as for the sublime flick to Buendia, clearly a flukey rebound off his bunion.

40 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Dowell is an accident waiting to happen !

I did once poke myself in the eye with a piece of dowel, but i'm not sure what sort of "accident" Dowell might be. 

From what I have heard, Sixpack would be more suited for the NCFC fakebook page.