Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Foggo

Tribute time

To Marcus Evans,

Thank you for your time as owner of that small club down the road.... At no point did I ever think, when you took them on, you could have turned them into the shambles they have become... A truly great effort much appreciated by supporters of the regions premier club...The entertainment value has been truly epic... Thanks again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

American ownership has largely failed outside the EPL, and even there has been mixed. I suspect they have no idea how much they will need to invest to get enough players of sufficient quality to challenge at the top of the Championship. As everyone knows, just spending money doesn't necessarily work anyway.

Their first step should be to get a DOF who knows what he's doing and a level 1 Academy - but I bet they don't do that.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

American ownership has largely failed outside the EPL, and even there has been mixed. I suspect they have no idea how much they will need to invest to get enough players of sufficient quality to challenge at the top of the Championship. As everyone knows, just spending money doesn't necessarily work anyway.

Their first step should be to get a DOF who knows what he's doing and a level 1 Academy - but I bet they don't do that.

I am not sure if that is so easy, almost a closed shop now

Edited by Bill

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

I am not sure if that is so easy, almost a closed shop now

Huh? 

Are you suggesting that there are so many places available or that only certain clubs will be allowed in?

Any club can apply but there are lots of things you have to tick in order to be granted the status.

• Thanks 1