Bill

breaking - binners sold

I will never understand the weird obsession with this random lower league club.

3 minutes ago, vos said:

Exactly. The last place you would invest any ones pension fund monies would be in an organisation with no assets, long history of annual losses and football clubs consistently struggling to make a profit. It reminds me of the old old story "they were good at spending other peoples money". If they were investing in TV companies or football agents, that might have made more sense.

I guess they invest some if the money in high risk areas VOS.

But what are the odds of the binners becoming profitable anytime soon?

Must be like backing the outsider in the Grand National.

The Binners get a new management structure and an unknown amount of money to spend on the squad. The manager is already in place .

the debt is irrelevant and always has been. It only becomes a problem if you have to pay it back. Which Ipswich Town Football Club never did as it was effectively underwritten by Evans in his various guises . 

The source of the investment - the money - is irrelevant . A pension fund can do what it likes so long as it suits an investment strategy. The company won’t be mad enough to be “dodgy”  . Organisations can gain capital from many different sources. 

What this boils down to is have they appointed the right manager , then buy the right players , win matches and go up. And will there be enough money made available to achieve this?

It’s a good time to buy a team with a potential higher than average fan base - and therefore higher than average turnover - when they are as low as they have been on 50 years 

FFP won’t be a huge problem as the rules are bound to be relaxed due to covid? The wages to turnover rules can’t possibly be applied when turnover has been obliterated. 

If I was a Binner I’d be a lot happier than I would have been last night watching us destroy ‘uddersfield. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

27 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Maybe more than your 38 posts in 11 years membership would make it more interesting for you! 

try taking part & getting involved! 

I quite like reading Bills posts, is that OK with you ?

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

the debt is irrelevant and always has been. It only becomes a problem if you have to pay it back. Which Ipswich Town Football Club never did as it was effectively underwritten by Evans in his various guises .

not true as player sales were used to offset the debt, as shown in club accounts

and if the debt is irrelevant then why has a portion of it still owed by the club to the new owners

what do they gain by that, and how do they intend to benefit from the club owing them money from the start

1 minute ago, sillysausage said:

Crack on! 

My point was that forums usually thrive when people partake, and share their opinions. 

not everyone will agree with everyone else, but that doesnt make them liars, but its good to be a part of it, and have a discussion. Maybe you should try it.  

Enjoy, 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

170043151_10223566433856475_172115927277

😂

the funniest number I have seen in a while 😂

11 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

See the source image

1 hour ago, Bill said:

my, eight years of reading my posts - and taking note of them all as well

what an odd obsessive little chap

Not remotely,  but pattern recognition,  once observed,  cannot be unseen. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not remotely,  but pattern recognition,  once observed,  cannot be unseen. 

you need to try harder Corkio, then he will block you! 

I suppose the only time debt doesn't matter is if you are at rock bottom with no assets. But even then it will matter eventually.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

the funniest number I have seen in a while 😂

I swear that 'brett johnson' sounds like a name someone would give you if you asked them to come up with a fake American male name

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

not surprising that he is still following me around the forum, unable to come to terms with my exposing his 'mates' lies about ifollow being available to UK subscribers

nor surprising either, that I have blocked him and a similar tedious obsessive

@Rich T The Biscuitso it appears!

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

170043151_10223566433856475_172115927277

😂

Reminds me of when Nigel Pickover had an interview with Marcus Evans when he took over. That came back to bite him on the bum.

So a pension fund is required to make money. 

And they're going to do that by getting Ip5sw1ch to thee PL. 

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

Glad its not my pension money! 

Screenshot_20210407_214544.jpg

I watched Brett Johnson on Look East tonight and he was adorned in a Scum baseball hat and scarf. He was saying all the things you would expect but came across as nothing more than a smooth tongued Yank with money. That money probably being someone elses money.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I watched Brett Johnson on Lookm East tonight and he was adorned in a Scum baseball hat and scarf. He was saying all the things you would expect but came across as nothing more than a smooth tongued Yank with money.

Saw that too Tilly, and thought likewise. 

Was watching with my father, and we both said who ever done the marketing for the club had played a blinder.......

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I watched Brett Johnson on Look East tonight and he was adorned in a Scum baseball hat and scarf. He was saying all the things you would expect but came across as nothing more than a smooth tongued Yank with money. That money probably being someone elses money.

Looked like he was sitting in a prefab somewhere in the US, will surely feel at home down the road.

I struggle with posters repeatedly suggesting that employing a “good” manager, running an academy and buying and intelligent player trading is a recipe for getting a club from League 1 to the Premier League. Show me a club whose plan is to employ a cr4p manager, not try and harvest young players and to buy players high and sell low? If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. Running a football club well is an art, not a science, and at least 9 times out of 10, a great way of turning a large fortune into a smaller one.

For a pension scheme to get involved, it’s either a tax dodge or a small high risk investment as a tiny part of a much, much larger fund. Or serious malpractice.

Edited by Nuff Said

"...one of the finest clubs in the history of English Football..."

A) Over-egging it a bit.
B) Certainly pushing it a lot.
C) "... in History...", which would suggest it is not one of the finest clubs in English Football at the moment.

Oh dear. I'm sue it was meant to read well, but anyone with half a brain can pull that apart and see it was intended as superlative soundbites.

How long before we start seeing "MIGA" hats? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, chicken said:

That doesn't look at all dodgy.

Being run by three chaps who own 5% of a firm that is invested in the firm that...

How on earth did this pass the EFL checks? I thought after the Southampton debacle they were going to prevent these sorts of companies from owning clubs?

Am I right in saying that "Gamechanger" is essentially a new business set up with the sole purpose of running the club as a tier of protection for the pension investment company? In other words, if it goes **** up, Gamechanger gets saddled with the debt, goes bust and everyone is happy apart from the local business owners etc - "again".

And the chaps having the say so own 5%. Hah! Nothing wobbly about any of that?

Anyone know who Evans' pension is with? 

Town fan here, I come in peace.

Just to help with some 'thoughts'

The Arizona Pension 'pot' comes in at around  £440 Billion, (Or similar, it varies in different reports)   this obviously won't the the figure available,  but what ever the investment -  it's a small part of the pension funds.  I think apart from Prem being the overall target, it will be academy -  potentially cat 1 and rumours of moving it closer to London,   Then the opportunity to purchase land around Portman Road, Cardinal Park etc as Brett Johnson has a lot of experience in building sports complexes.   It'll be a long term plan  but for the fans, it will just be nice to see -  hopefully a more structured club and not 1 man trying to be everything and maybe some point again we can have a Derby game, regardless of  result. 

Regarding out debt,  all but £400,000 has effectively been written off. 

Edited by chrismakin

15 hours ago, Bill said:

"As well as his five per cent stake in Gamechanger 20 Ltd, we understand as per previous TWTD reports that Evans will keep a section of the Bent Lane training ground which is currently unused. This area, sometimes referred to as 'wasteland', has long been ear-marked for development."

one asset that has already been stripped

Refer back to UK Government “Freeport” tax incentives for locations that include Ipswich  - the only way they can turn a profit is to raid the public purse - something US sports franchises are very familiar with. 

Agent Johnson (make up your own jokes) started with "because of the history, the pedigree, the gravitas".... there gonna love him South of the border. What does it even mean?

I'm sure Evans said the same thing all those years ago,  as Mick McCarthy said "that went well"

I wonder if the new owners have agreed to pay St. John's or all the shareholders who got stung, hopefully they'll pay the Inland Revenue on time and 1p5wich Town Council won't have to threaten them with Court anymore 🤔

2 hours ago, chrismakin said:

Town fan here, I come in peace.

Just to help with some 'thoughts'

The Arizona Pension 'pot' comes in at around £40 Billion,   this obviously won't the the figure available,  but what ever the investment -  it's a small part of the pension funds.  I think apart from Prem being the overall target, it will be academy -  potentially cat 1 and rumours of moving it closer to London,   Then the opportunity to purchase land around Portman Road, Cardinal Park etc as Brett Johnson has a lot of experience in building sports complexes.   It'll be a long term plan  but for the fans, it will just be nice to see -  hopefully a more structured club and not 1 man trying to be everything and maybe some point again we can have a Derby game, regardless of  result. 

Regarding out debt,  all but £400,000 has effectively been written off

Strange for an organisation that always mocks NCFC for not having any history , that your plan is to replicate our ,erm , history . All of the above we already have . No debt , cat 1 , representation further south , high quality training complex and proven youth development . 
ITFC bang on about 40 years ago. We have the luxury of banging on about 48hours ago - demolishing a side 7 nil to  plaudits from (knowledgeable) football people , going 17 pts clear and gaining promotion to the Prem (and another large turnover)

First thing the new owners should do is ditch the stars on the shirt , and talk about the real world . No other team in the country  (Forest excepting) drone on about irrelevant past details .

Unless you still want to shop in Woolworths. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard