Bill

breaking - binners sold

4 hours ago, BigFish said:

Are you questioning the amount of talent they have discovered and sold on as well as the profit?

In doing so you raise interesting questions about our academy. None of the the players you list actually came through the NCFC academy, they weren't here before they were 16. They were at Sunderland, in Ireland or at Arsenal. Of the crown jewels from last season only Cantwell was academy developed. Godfrey, Lewis and Aarons were poached, for want of a better word, from other club's systems. Good scouting by us, excellent development and opportunity giving but there is a grey area between this and a Cat 1 academy developing players from the age of 8.

Brentford got tired of being poached from, and are following the poacher model. Fair play to them, it is working. Should the binners get a cat 1 academy it would be a good pond for a nearby, more established EPL club to fish for their better players in.

BF, my point is they seem to be producing players just for sale, rather than in addition to the 1st team squad to back up in case of injuries to that squad.  When the EFL's best player is injured, they stop performing because they have no ready replacement having sold them all.  We seem to be able to continue to progress because we don't just produce players in our academy to sell on.

Maybe if we didn't have parachute payments it may be different.  B|ut that's a different debate regarding being a yoyo team.

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

BF, my point is they seem to be producing players just for sale, rather than in addition to the 1st team squad to back up in case of injuries to that squad.  When the EFL's best player is injured, they stop performing because they have no ready replacement having sold them all.  We seem to be able to continue to progress because we don't just produce players in our academy to sell on.

Maybe if we didn't have parachute payments it may be different.  B|ut that's a different debate regarding being a yoyo team.

It is a very different world without the parachute payments and they have just funded a new stadium. If we didn't keep bouncing back we would be selling more fequently too. My point was their model doesn't include an academy and seems to be working.

There is so much deja-vu about the whole current Portman Road scenario. I am very reminded of the euphoria when Evans took over which was to lead them 'back' to European glory, but ended up with a decade  or more of decline

A consortium of hitherto unknowns promises to invest millions, nay billions, into little Ipswich Town based upon the fact that a character called Brett 'fancies' running an English 'soccer' club and has put god knows what collateral up against a risky loan from a US pension fund. The hot air would melt Iceland. The forecasts of readily attained "Citeh" status ignore the clear history of  inevitable financial loss and missed goals that is the virtual lot for any involvement in the English game.    

Once again the binmen are eluding themselves with false assumptions, the usual history-fest (takes nothing) and an imagined and somewhat hasty return to their mythical status as "Kings of Anglia," whatever that means in terrace talk. In the meantime expense is suddenly no object as wish lists of ambitious signings and a cavalcade of backroom staff unfold.

Any dose of reality eludes them as they fantisise about a full-house in a spruced up Portman Road for the opening day's home fixture in next season's League 1. campaign, possibly against Cambridge United. Suddenly Premier League football becomes a foregone conclusion with the seemingly rather dinosaurial Paul Cooke being 'just the man' to achieve it, despite his rather limited pedigree and a somewhat faltering start at the club. Once again they will 'rule' Europe (remember they won the Fairs Cup some forty odd years ago) and the world 's favourite club will be restored to former 'glories' overnight.

This chrismakin character epitomises the whole episode. He's beside himself with glee to the point of hysteria. He's all over the place, and talking of sleepless nights as if he has nothing of significance in his life other than the second rate football club he seems obssessed with. Apart from suddenly and embarrassingly appearing on our forum, he's now rather stupidly reconstructing Farke's comments and Webber's supposed intentions as a portend to our decline on his own forum. As another more sensible TWTD poster put it, "You're making that up aren't you?"

The man is carried away to the point of medical need. I'll  bet he was once a bank note waver who never grew up.

To us casual (and sometimes rather more) observers of the habitual farce down the road the next year or so will be fascinating. It could well leave the Evans era in it's wake as a source of fun as the usual sorry story of failure and disappointment unfolds.

The gift that  keeps on giving. The continuous misery-fest over the last years had all become rather tedious and predictable after all. We now have a new side plate to nibble at as we concentrate upon and feast from the Premier League fayre once again provided by our own club.  

Obssessed with them? Marginally, but we all need a good laugh now and then after all.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

There is so much deja-vu about the whole current Portman Road scenario. I am very reminded of the euphoria when Evans took over which was to lead them 'back' to European glory, but ended up with a decade  or more of decline

A consortium of hitherto unknowns promises to invest millions, nay billions, into little Ipswich Town based upon the fact that a character called Brett 'fancies' running an English 'soccer' club and has put god knows what collateral up against a risky loan from a US pension fund. The hot air would melt Iceland. The forecasts of readily attained "Citeh" status ignore the clear history of  inevitable financial loss and missed goals that is the virtual lot for any involvement in the English game.    

Once again the binmen are eluding themselves with false assumptions, the usual history-fest (takes nothing) and an imagined and somewhat hasty return to their mythical status as "Kings of Anglia," whatever that means in terrace talk. In the meantime expense is suddenly no object as wish lists of ambitious signings and a cavalcade of backroom staff unfold.

Any dose of reality eludes them as they fantisise about a full-house in a spruced up Portman Road for the opening day's home fixture in next season's League 1. campaign, possibly against Cambridge United. Suddenly Premier League football becomes a foregone conclusion with the seemingly rather dinosaurial Paul Cooke being 'just the man' to achieve it, despite his rather limited pedigree and a somewhat faltering start at the club. Once again they will 'rule' Europe (remember they won the Fairs Cup some forty odd years ago) and the world 's favourite club will be restored to former 'glories' overnight.

This chrismakin character epitomises the whole episode. He's beside himself with glee to the point of hysteria. He's all over the place, and talking of sleepless nights as if he has nothing of significance in his life other than the second rate football club he seems obssessed with. Apart from suddenly and embarrassingly appearing on our forum, he's now rather stupidly reconstructing Farke's comments and Webber's supposed intentions as a portend to our decline on his own forum. As another more sensible TWTD poster put it, "You're making that up aren't you?"

The man is carried away to the point of medical need. I'll  bet he was once a bank note waver who never grew up.

To us casual (and sometimes rather more) observers of the habitual farce down the road the next year or so will be fascinating. It could well leave the Evans era in it's wake as a source of fun as the usual sorry story of failure and disappointment unfolds.

The gift that  keeps on giving. The continuous misery-fest over the last years had all become rather tedious and predictable after all. We now have a new side plate to nibble at as we concentrate upon and feast from the Premier League fayre once again provided by our own club.  

Obssessed with them? Marginally, but we all need a good laugh now and then after all.

Shall we get some popcorn 🍿in Broady?.....

8 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Shall we get some popcorn 🍿in Broady?.....

Nice of you to take notice of my posts :)

Couple of points,  sleepless nights.. im a night worker,  so it's more about sleepless days tbh

and regarding the farke thing,  my nodge friends told me about the intereview, hence I posted about it, nothing really made up, just literally what was said,  he'd honour contract, whilst webber looking to leave next year,  TWTD has a very strange group of board police where they feel that everything you post has to be factual and fact based etc, you're not really allowed a thought. 

I will be interesting to see if/when they leave, what happens, where you are as a club and where you go, it's no secret those two together have been very very good for you especially webber.         I don't get the whole hating between the two clubs, I speak about you guys as much as other clubs and the reason for me coming on here, was I saw a post on twtd saying our takeover was being spoken about, so came on and thought i'd help with some explanations on it.    I've done the same on some other forums. 

I see our take over as a sht or bust moment, it will go one of two ways.  And if you guys had had the 14 years we have -  you would be happy with a takeover. 

Just buzz off.

We're not interested in your over-elaborated rubbish rubbish.

I won't get at you. I'll just leave that to members of your own forum who seem to have done a bit of a demolition job on your nonsense.

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I see @chrismakin isn’t too popular on his own forum which is probably why he’s posting on here

each to their own,  what a lovely bunch of posters you have on here, 

So Chris..

Do you know a poster called King Keano? He scarpered from here owing money to our DS boys and girls. 

Some wonderful City fans paid it in the end.

What is it with your lot and debts?

Edited by nutty nigel

19 minutes ago, chrismakin said:

We just don't suffer fools gladly.

Or try not to at least.

Where's Bill/Horsefly atm? Taking a toilet break?

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, chrismakin said:

You should think yourself lucky that you’re on here to get some stick, if one of us went on twtd we’d be banned in 5 minutes

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So Chris..

Do you know a poster called King Keano? He scarpered from here owing money to our DS boys and girls. 

Some wonderful City fans paid it in the end.

What is it with your lot and debts?

No, can't remember seeing that name,  there is however a keeno