Bill

breaking - binners sold

'As part of the transaction, a portion of that historic debt has in effect been written off, leaving the Club with a much smaller debt burden and with nearly all Club debt owed to the new owners.

but by the nature of a pension fund will be fiscally responsible in the use of those funds. In order to meet its investment responsibilities'

the devil is in the detail, as in 2007

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Well, we’ll , well, I look forward to them waving their fivers aloft

It'll be dollar bills, surely.

Interesting that having a long-term business plan was a requirement, seeing as none was evident during ME's tenure.

Is there any other club largely owned by a Pension Fund? Not sure whether it's a good idea or not, given the requirement to make a return on investment. How many clubs in the top three tiers make a profit which is then taken out of the club by the owners?

Surely being owned by a pension fund just means any profits made will be sapped out of the club in favour of the fund?

• Like 2

a trio of Irish investors, I believe

....................................tree fellers, in fact 😋

That doesn't look at all dodgy.

Being run by three chaps who own 5% of a firm that is invested in the firm that...

How on earth did this pass the EFL checks? I thought after the Southampton debacle they were going to prevent these sorts of companies from owning clubs?

Am I right in saying that "Gamechanger" is essentially a new business set up with the sole purpose of running the club as a tier of protection for the pension investment company? In other words, if it goes **** up, Gamechanger gets saddled with the debt, goes bust and everyone is happy apart from the local business owners etc - "again".

And the chaps having the say so own 5%. Hah! Nothing wobbly about any of that?

Anyone know who Evans' pension is with? 

Seems kind of apt that the pension fund is that of a U.S states police and fire service. Should be plenty of experts on hand if/when an emergency rescue is needed. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

That doesn't look at all dodgy.

Being run by three chaps who own 5% of a firm that is invested in the firm that...

How on earth did this pass the EFL checks? I thought after the Southampton debacle they were going to prevent these sorts of companies from owning clubs?

Am I right in saying that "Gamechanger" is essentially a new business set up with the sole purpose of running the club as a tier of protection for the pension investment company? In other words, if it goes **** up, Gamechanger gets saddled with the debt, goes bust and everyone is happy apart from the local business owners etc - "again".

And the chaps having the say so own 5%. Hah! Nothing wobbly about any of that?

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Arcadia

I'm not sure the new owners look like anything to get vaguely excited about from an ITFC point of view but you'd have to say it's worth the risk because under Evans they've regressed year on year.

They say for it to get a return , they need to get to the Prem. Now that is sort of obvious, but a warning because they are that far behind the ball game, and there are far better teams and also Clubs that are already miles ahead of them.

"Am I right in saying that "Gamechanger" is essentially a new business set up with the sole purpose of running the club as a tier of protection for the pension investment company? In other words, if it goes **** up, Gamechanger gets saddled with the debt, goes bust"

yep

the question now is how much of the equity they have bought, less than 80 % ?

how much debt gave they acquired and what will they be charging the binners ?

much else will be revealed as they are obliged to make the same offer to ITFC PLC who still own 12.5% of the club

Evans was putting in £7m of his own money in every year, it will be interesting to see what Gamechanger do bearing in mind they will be looking to make a profit. They have nothing to sell of any value either.

"Gamechanger" eh?

Hancock or Zahawi must be involved somewhere.

• Like 1

'A key factor in reaching my decision to support the investment by a pension fund is the basic principle around which any such fund needs to invest. It has to see a return on its investment, and that return in all likelihood can only be achieved by way of promotion to the Premier League'

Hahahahaahahahaa

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Evans was putting in £7m of his own money in every year, it will be interesting to see what Gamechanger do bearing in mind they will be looking to make a profit. They have nothing to sell of any value either.

urbin myth, that their accounts disprove

Just now, Bill said:

urbin myth, that their accounts disprove

Is that your polite way of calling someone a liar again Bill? 

• Haha 1

Hit or miss.

More investment? Where from?

The bullshine included in those carefully prepared statements will keep the faithful on board. They might even get 12, 000 season ticket sales again.

Hot potato springs to mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Hit or miss.

More investment? Where from?

The bullshine included in those carefully prepared statements will keep the faithful on board. They might even get 12, 000 season ticket sales again.

Hot potato springs to mind.

On twtd they’ve been talking about having 20k season ticket holders for next season 😁

So as far as I can make out

Evans has sold his 87.5% if the club to

Gamechanger who now own 90% of that part

the other 10% is owned by the three amigos (3 Lions Fund) and Evans (yes him)

Gamechanger are funded by ORG who manage funds for the Arizona state pension fund

all a bit tenuous to my mind

1 minute ago, Bill said:

So as far as I can make out

Evans has sold his 87.5% if the club to

Gamechanger who now own 90% of that part

the other 10% is owned by the three amigos (3 Lions Fund) and Evans (yes him)

Gamechanger are funded by ORG who manage funds for the Arizona state pension fund

all a bit tenuous to my mind

One big unanswered question though Bill. As they are US based will you need a VPN to watch the binners on TV?! 

• Haha 2

For any pension fund this will be a high risk investment 

they will need to achieve a return quickly or I fear long term for the future of the binners, I don’t fear at all tbh 

• Like 1