Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for Derby

Better check with Mullet about the inclusion of Hugill on the bench. It took him a full minute to score last night, just not good enough. 

• Haha 3

It will be interesting to see how Rooney plans for this. If there ever was a temptation to park all the busses in front of goal this would be the one but I suspect it will be a less exciting affair.

I'll settle for a boring 1:0 win - but it would be extremely satisfying if we could now help the Terriers and equally dint Derby's GD by the same amount. Fair's fair 🙂.  

Edited by Yellow Fever

Gotta give that astro-turf hair Granny Banger's team a reet good whoopin'.......

I do think as Derby manager he's on borrowed time.....

• Haha 1

I'd have Vrancic in for Dowell. Despite our total dominance Dowell was poor compared to the others. Scored a good goal against Birmingham - other than that the assist against Blackburn & the goal yesterday anyone is capable of. Not fast enough to get onto passes or accurate enough in tight passing movements - it's a good thing we have the others and don't have to rely on him to win a game for us - the guy is dead average !

1 minute ago, Six Pack said:

I'd have Vrancic in for Dowell. Despite our total dominance Dowell was poor compared to the others. Scored a good goal against Birmingham - other than that the assist against Blackburn & the goal yesterday anyone is capable of. Not fast enough to get onto passes or accurate enough in tight passing movements - it's a good thing we have the others and don't have to rely on him to win a game for us - the guy is dead average !

Nope, time to move forwards not backwards, I’d ditch Vrancic as he’s not in our long term plans I’d throw Martin on the bench in his place and start with Dowell who with each game is getting better. Subs I’d start to use our youngsters like Martin & Sorensen they need game time to develop and with the premiership on the horizon we need them to blossom. I hope we move Steipermann & Vrancic on this summer and buy better!

• Like 3

If everyone's fit, you keep the same team. Can't see Rooney not parking a bus or two here, to be honest.

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nope, time to move forwards not backwards, I’d ditch Vrancic as he’s not in our long term plans I’d throw Martin on the bench in his place and start with Dowell who with each game is getting better. Subs I’d start to use our youngsters like Martin & Sorensen they need game time to develop and with the premiership on the horizon we need them to blossom. I hope we move Steipermann & Vrancic on this summer and buy better!

You're right that Dowell was acquired with the future in mind & that Vrancic is coming to the end of his contract. There's always the hope we can buy better - but with Dowell it hasn't been the case has it ?  Are we going forward when the out going player (Vrancic) is a superior player ? OK Martin or Hernandez then ! We can't field a player that my mum-in-law can out run ! 

13 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

You're right that Dowell was acquired with the future in mind & that Vrancic is coming to the end of his contract. There's always the hope we can buy better - but with Dowell it hasn't been the case has it ?  Are we going forward when the out going player (Vrancic) is a superior player ? OK Martin or Hernandez then ! We can't field a player that my mum-in-law can out run ! 

Seems like Dowell is becoming your new scapegoat! Chirst, give the lad a chance! He's only just had a run in the side, started 6 in a row now and scored in two of them with one assist what more do you want!? He is getting better and better each game and I for one think he will grow to be a good player for us. We won 7-0 last night yet someone still has to bloody moan! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six Pack said:

What about the game against forest? He was exceptional

• Like 3

So Dowell's 'crime' last night was to simply be superb, whereas Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki were stratospherically brilliant...... okay. 

• Like 5

Never mind our team, Derby seem to have a bit of a laundry list of injuries ahead of the game. 

Rooney preparing to play a 9-1-0 formation I imagine. 

Think Dowell is getting better and better.... was good last night and another creative option on top of Cantwell & Buendia.... no changes in the team from me...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Think Dowell is getting better and better.... was good last night and another creative option on top of Cantwell & Buendia.... no changes in the team from me...

Agree, cant be any changes after that ridiculous performance.

Absolutely no need to change a winning side, especially after literally dismantling Huddersfield in the first 45 minutes! 

Dowell needs game time, and it looks like he's now going to get it. A few more games and we might see a bit more of his intent. Starting to link up well with those around him, especially Buendia. Would like to see him integrate with Pukki a bit more like Stiepermann but I'm sure that will come with time

Delusional.

Dowell was excellent yesterday and yesterday's goal isn't one anyone is capable of, because he was instrumental in creating it with Buendia, with a lofted through ball which had to be perfectly weighted in a tight area.

Dowell also won aerial battles, worked hard and the only player to play more key passes than him was Emi.

• Like 4

Disagree. He's getting better each game as he has felt his way back into the side. Clearly needs to continue the games. 

"the goal yesterday anyone is capable of" was a 1-2-3 with Buendia that he was in the perfect position for, but OK. Indeed, it relied on his accuracy in a tight passing movement, as you put it.

2 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Get out. Just, get out.

• Like 2

I'm a Vrancic fan and took some convincing of Dowell but Dowell continues to improve in the No. 10 role and was excellent yesterday. Let him continue and see if he can make it his own. Farke is an excellent coach whatever.

It's horses for courses and football is a ruthless career. What fits our team play and what do we need in the EPL?  Mario offers something  different and has EPL experience as does Marco. Are any the them a shoe in for an AM or No 10 (or Rupp ?)  -  I'm not sure but then I'm not the manager. I suspect we'll see all of them still again this season.

After what Dowell did for Wigan last season I had big beliefs in him. He’s getting better and had he not picked up that injury against Preston I think we would have started seeing this a lot earlier.

I would go for the same XI as last night, and I’m sure it will be

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

I want to see Six Pack's mother-in-law run.

just tell her that uncle fred has been at the monkey glands again 😜

I just don’t get Vrancic love fest, when he starts he’s out of the game most of the time, now off the bench he’s a different player, apart from a decent free kick Vrancic he’s not much to offer. Done well for us and is likely to be moved on, so for me Dowell back from injury is definitely getting better, in my opinion is far better option at 10 than Vrancic.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I just don’t get Vrancic love fest, when he starts he’s out of the game most of the time, now off the bench he’s a different player, apart from a decent free kick Vrancic he’s not much to offer. Done well for us and is likely to be moved on, so for me Dowell back from injury is definitely getting better, in my opinion is far better option at 10 than Vrancic.

I assume Vrancic will be off in the summer. Thanks Mario. Time to push on to another level.

6 hours ago, Six Pack said:

the goal yesterday anyone is capable of

You're watching the wrong sport

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Not fast enough to get onto passes or accurate enough in tight passing movements

So you obviously didn't see the sublime flick to Buendia before it was returned to him to score.