Sign in to follow this  
norwichsteve

How does this team compare to 2018 2019?

Much better in defence, I feel confident with this team in the Premier league. I think we need another Pukki style no9 as back up

We now need to see if this team does better in the Premier League than the 2018/19 one did.

We look a lot more assured in defence and we don't often give the ball away. Todd is now older and looks a class act. I'm confident they will be.

Exciting times.

Better team, less entertainment. (I don't mean that in a bad way, giving Millwall or Forest a lead is unlikely this season, but wouldn't swap the comebacks). 

And yes, I realise I have said less enterainment when we have absolutely spanked a team tonight, but I mean the season as a whole.

Just now, All the Germans said:

Better team, less entertainment. (I don't mean that in a bad way, giving Millwall or Forest a lead is unlikely this season, but wouldn't swap the comebacks). 

And yes, I realise I have said less enterainment when we have absolutely spanked a team tonight, but I mean the season as a whole.

Too easy, too boring...

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

'less entertainment'

Yeah, clean sheets seemed like a rarity last time we were in this divison, always felt like it order to win we had to outscore whoever we were played and they were always bound to score against us at any point

This is a much better team. No contest. If the two played each other this one would win. (my brain is now trying to visualise that....)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

This is a much better team. No contest. If the two played each other this one would win. (my brain is now trying to visualise that....)

Can you do that  in one of the computer footy games....I know nothing  about them. But it'd be a laugh 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Can you do that  in one of the computer footy games....I know nothing  about them. But it'd be a laugh 

Which Pukki would score the most?

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Which Pukki would score the most?

This one, 2018/19 mid field & defence wasn't as solid. I think this team would beat that years . 

A slow burner to begin with but one that just kept improving as the season went on. This team are comfortably better than the class of 18/19. 

This is a better team, the additions have improved us and Buendia, Cantwell and Aarons have improved with experience. Vitally important we keep hold of them to challenge next year.

Yeah I'd back this side to beat the 18/19 one. We feel like we have so much more control and can manage games a lot more effectively nowadays. The players who were part of both teams; Buendia, Aarons, Krul; are better than they were 2 seasons ago, Pukki perhaps the exception? Even so he's got 25 goals so far and could well match or beat his previous record of 29 so if he has downgraded it isn't by much. If I had to actually match them up player to player I'd say:

(Current team on the left, obviously)

Krul > Krul
Aarons > Aarons
Hanley > Zimbo
Gibson ~ Godfrey
Giannoulis ~ Lewis
Skipp > Trybull
McLean < Mario
Buendia > Buendia
Dowell < Stiepermann
Cantwell > Hernandez
Pukki ~ Pukki

Mario for McLean is perhaps harsh as Kenny has been excellent this year, but with the moments Mario produced I think I had to edge him. The back 4 (apart from Aarons) were really hard to call, as Zimmermann and Godfrey were brilliant as a pairing and Lewis was very good too, but the fact is we are a hell of a lot better defensively this season that we were in 18/19. The depth of the squad is a lot better too I would say.

But I mean it's less about the individuals and more that the system and way we manage the game now is significantly better and less erratic than it was two years ago.

59 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Yeah I'd back this side to beat the 18/19 one. We feel like we have so much more control and can manage games a lot more effectively nowadays. The players who were part of both teams; Buendia, Aarons, Krul; are better than they were 2 seasons ago, Pukki perhaps the exception? Even so he's got 25 goals so far and could well match or beat his previous record of 29 so if he has downgraded it isn't by much. If I had to actually match them up player to player I'd say:

(Current team on the left, obviously)

Krul > Krul
Aarons > Aarons
Hanley > Zimbo
Gibson ~ Godfrey
Giannoulis ~ Lewis
Skipp > Trybull
McLean < Mario
Buendia > Buendia
Dowell < Stiepermann
Cantwell > Hernandez
Pukki ~ Pukki

Mario for McLean is perhaps harsh as Kenny has been excellent this year, but with the moments Mario produced I think I had to edge him. The back 4 (apart from Aarons) were really hard to call, as Zimmermann and Godfrey were brilliant as a pairing and Lewis was very good too, but the fact is we are a hell of a lot better defensively this season that we were in 18/19. The depth of the squad is a lot better too I would say.

But I mean it's less about the individuals and more that the system and way we manage the game now is significantly better and less erratic than it was two years ago.

Agree mostly but I'd say Gibson > Godfrey, McLean > Mario, Dowell < Stieperman. Only based upon performance for us this season compared to last time. I think Godfrey could go to the very top but in 18/19 he wasn't that good at defending and definitely Gibson is better defender. Mario had some awesome moments but McLean all round is better. Dowell probably will be better than Stiepermann was but people seriously underestimate Marco's contribution last time (and his ability now; he can definitely still play a role. Even next season). Also, Skipp >>>>>> Trybull. Not being mean to Trybull, but Skipp is absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

I think this side would win - the younger players are more experienced and we are so much more savvy in defence.  As others have said, it has been a little less exciting as that improvement in defence has seen us have no need for so many late winners, but I’ll happily take it; IMO we are the best side in the league by a margin, whether or not we now finish the job.