Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Andy Hughes - Mr Undroppable

[quote user="King Canary"]It did sound like he played quite well on the radio...[/quote]yeah right, alongside an unfit safri - we didn''t dominate the midfield where it mattered - once again terrible service to the strikers, no shots on target first half, and not much better the 2nd.  a bundled in goal 3 mins from time says it all.  hull  were quite happy to defend deep after scoring and we didn''t press like we should have.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]

quite well isn''t going to get promotion. I heard time and time again "Hughes plays it long"

His clapping is superb we must keep him

[/quote]

In radio terms, i think that means "Hughes hits it wilding upfield, hopeing it gets to someone in a yellow shirt" Sounds like Mark Rivers to me!

The season so far

Hughes has a bad start to the season playing centre midfield but plays every game before getting injured. On return he tried on the wing ahead of mcveigh and then at full back where he is again awful. Another injury follows before he is tried , right wing and right back without showing any psitives. He''ll be back on the right wing on tuesday.

[quote user="King Canary"]It did sound like he played quite well on the radio...
[/quote]

i thought Adams was watching an entirely differnt game to Goreham... goreham was saying how pants we were and Adams was making us out to be brazil!

jas :)

It is amazing to see him in the line up - must be for his versatility for defensive options if a defender gets injured...

But likes Eddy, Flem, Holt, Hendo before him hughes is not the one picking the team with players who re not up to the job and need dropping.

Our only threat today was a long ball to hux - where were the forward passes to feet from hughes or even runs beyond the strikers?

Despite hull sitting deep once they took the lead, conceeding both ground and possession, we were still unable to keep the ball or create chances.

Too many times the ball was passed across the whole back four for a long ball. 

Hughes, Green, and until recently Flemming and Huckerby - all members of the ''friendly nigel club''

Hughes winds me up so much he has caused my first post after months of watching, Go Now Worthington and take Hughes with you.

Ps Did anybody else see saf swing for him at hull?

Briston, what happened bertween Hughes and Saffs? (If Hughes swung a punch at anyone, it would go about 10 yards over their head!).

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Briston, what happened bertween Hughes and Saffs? (If Hughes swung a punch at anyone, it would go about 10 yards over their head!).[/quote]

When Safri was injured hughes went over and Saf swung for him from the ground. it was at the other end of the ground so could not see that well but from the noise the hull fans saw it clearly

Worthy''s loyalty to Hughes far outstrips any loyalties (perceived or not) that he has held for others in the past.

The guy does not add anything to our play.

He is simply awful.Why is it that everyone except one man can see this ??????