Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Best ever

BBC website

We've just been discussing this between us at BBC towers and we're struggling to name a better 45-minute performance from a team in the Championship, well, ever.

This has been absolutely superb from Norwich, whose 5-0 lead at the break almost flatters Huddersfield.

Well only four years ago we were 6-1 up v Reading at half time and they were hugely better than Huddersfield. Fabulous display all round though. BBC Sport absolutely drooling for once! Just imagine if 26000 were there. Whole ground would have been on their feet when that mega period of possession almost resulted in a goal!  

• Like 1

I think the OP specifically meant Buendia. Absolutely unplayable on his day, 3 assists in 45 minutes of football. Absolutely outstanding

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Best ever 45 minutes ever from a Norwich player. Well done Emi

20210303_183642.thumb.jpg.cc663ef5ef500851cacac875fb2b3245.jpg

Ironically I don't even think he was the best tonight, Cantwell was on fire. Emi was outstanding mind. 

• Like 1

As good as anything I have ever seen at CR.

If only we could have been there then it would have been even better.

• Like 1

Such a shame we couldn't be there to see it. I used to love midweek games; leave work early get down the pub, match, then more beer to celebrate the win.

That first half was simply incredible - not just the goals but the sheer quality of the passing, the movement and the unselfishness of every player. Cantwell was amazing; he was absolutely everywhere and his speed of thought and the execution of the pass was sensational. What a player he could become. The pass by Buendia for Pukki's second was world class - up there with Mario's against Spurs for the VAR goal against Spurs.

It was only Huddersfield but very few teams in the land could have lived with us tonight. I couldn't believe that Hudds players didn't start getting stuck in a bit to disrupt us like EPL teams would have. You can bet that Derby will on Saturday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kirku said:

Emi was class but I think Todd was even better tonight

Todd was good wasn't he! Although I still think his best this season was away at Birmingham. I think we should break the bank to try and keep them here but I can't believe they won't be gone in the summer.

• Like 2

Todd was good wasn't he! Although I still think his best this season was away at Birmingham. I think we should break the bank to try and keep them here but I can't believe they won't be gone in the summer.

Yeah he was superb, the little pull back to let the defender completely miss the tackle just before Pukki's first was genius and made that goal, couldn't believe it didn't get much of a mention on Sky, we only scored because of that bit of class.

Let's hope being first choice in the Prem will convince them to stay..

12 hours ago, kirku said:

Emi was class but I think Todd was even better tonight

The control, patience and intent in his approach play for the first goal was absolutely superb

19 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Best ever 45 minutes ever from a Norwich player. Well done Emi

20210303_183642.thumb.jpg.cc663ef5ef500851cacac875fb2b3245.jpg

We need to give this man 100k a week. If we have him for another season it'll only cost us 5.2m. Could we find a replacement for him around that money? Not a hope in hell we can.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

We need to give this man 100k a week. If we have him for another season it'll only cost us 5.2m. Could we find a replacement for him around that money? Not a hope in hell we can.

While I understand the sentiment it's just not that simple!

He/his agent wouldn't just agree to 100k a week for one season - they'd want it to be for 2 or 3 seasons. We simply couldn't pay it if we got relegated again. 'But we could sell him if we got relegated' you cry - not if he got a serious injury towards the end of the season we couldn't. 

You only have to read what Ed Balls had to say about how the board were absolutely bricking it when Maddison got injured in the last match at Sheffield Wednesday 3 seasons back to realise that is a very real possibility. 

20 hours ago, ricardo said:

As good as anything I have ever seen at CR.

If only we could have been there then it would have been even better.

what about the 10---2 v Coventry (amended)

still fresh in your mind

" Give it to Varco "

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

He/his agent wouldn't just agree to 100k a week for one season - they'd want it to be for 2 or 3 seasons. We simply couldn't pay it if we got relegated again. 'But we could sell him if we got relegated' you cry - not if he got a serious injury towards the end of the season we couldn't. 

You only have to read what Ed Balls had to say about how the board were absolutely bricking it when Maddison got injured in the last match at Sheffield Wednesday 3 seasons back to realise that is a very real possibility. 

That really is simple. Open a bank account. Put £15m in it. Don't touch it other than for Emi's wages.

The alternative is to sell him and get relegated.

You might think the other players won't like it but you couldn't be more wrong. When we signed Hucks we broke the structure but the others were happy because he doubled their wages. Professional footballers aren't as stupid as some would lead you to believe

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

I think we’ve already got the option to retain him next season for probably considerably less than 100 grand a week, no? 

Edited by Alex Moss

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think we’ve already got the option to retain him next season for probably considerably less than 100 grand a week, no? 

he most likely has a clause that allows a move if he is offered a certain wage, or transfer fee

"Norwich City are delighted to announce that Emi Buendia has signed a new five-year contract at Carrow Road until the summer of 2024."   2019

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

he most likely has a clause that allows a move if he is offered a certain wage, or transfer fee

"Norwich City are delighted to announce that Emi Buendia has signed a new five-year contract at Carrow Road until the summer of 2024."   2019

Fair point that Bill, must admit had not thought of that! 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

One thing is for certain. Nobody on here knows what is in any of our players contracts.

nobody has claimed to

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yeah I get what you are saying buddy. Just want him to stay 😍. Well, all of them

13 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Nobody said they had! 

I don't know about that Greavsy.

iFollow.bill because he’s in the know.