Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Paul Ritter RIP

As a fan of Friday Night Dinner, I was upset and saddened to read of his death on Monday. Only 54 years old . 

Always enjoyed his character, Martin but notable for a great performance in Chernobyl too. 

Oh wow that is really sad. He's so funny in Friday Night Dinner, easily the best character in a show full of great characters.

As Martin would have said '**** on it!'

That is a real shame, he was a great actor, and his role in Friday Night Dinner, never failed to make me laugh.

That is sad - He  was very funny in FND, agreed. 

"Lovely bit of squirrel!" is often repeated at the meal table here. 

alas a lack of 'females' though

54 is far to young.   

So sad to hear of his passing. Paul Ritter first came to my notice as Billy the dry, sarcastic and acerbic Autopsy man in the early episodes of 'Vera' with Brenda Blethyn.....A fine actor who appeared in many and varied productions......Friday Night Dinner just won't be the same.....Rip Mr Ritter......

2 hours ago, dj11 said:

That is a real shame, he was a great actor, and his role in Friday Night Dinner, never failed to make me laugh.

This ^^^

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

So sad to hear of his passing. Paul Ritter first came to my notice as Billy the dry, sarcastic and acerbic Autopsy man in the early episodes of 'Vera' with Brenda Blethyn.....A fine actor who appeared in many and varied productions......Friday Night Dinner just won't be the same.....Rip Mr Ritter......

Yes, he was excellent in that role in Vera, and in Chernobyl. RIP.