Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Blades taking a leaf from Norwich's book again

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/blessin-sheffield-united-yorkshire-connections-20324793  Excitement in the steel city over potential new manager.  It looks like Sheff Utd are poised to follow Norwich in appointing a German coach who likes managing up and coming youngsters on a small budget.  Bloody hell, they're all going to be at it!  Can't work for everybody can it?  

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/blessin-sheffield-united-yorkshire-connections-20324793  Excitement in the steel city over potential new manager.  It looks like Sheff Utd are poised to follow Norwich in appointing a German coach who likes managing up and coming youngsters on a small budget.  Bloody hell, they're all going to be at it!  Can't work for everybody can it?  

How sweet, we have our own tribute act, the first of many I’m sure. I love that it’s even a German coach as well, I can imagine them ticking all the boxes off in their boardroom ‘yes, must be German’...

I think they’re about to find out it’s not so easy as that. What really makes what works at Norwich City is not so much in my eyes the formula. It’s the brilliant brains behind that formula. Webber and Farke, and the special team of staff and players they have assembled are unique and in my eyes irreplaceable individuals (which worries me about our future if I’m honest).

Hilarious to think we had these smug folk from Sheffield coming on here giving it the big’un a year or so ago, how we should have followed their approach to life in the Premier League, and here we are 12 months later, them begging to be us. It’ll be Brighton next, you wait ha ha

Btw wasn’t one of the Sheff Utd’s owners main grievances with Wilder that he was ‘guilty’ of blowing money on yoof like Rhian Brewster, when Prince Abdullah wanted far more say on transfers and who they sign? Unless he can change his spots (which I highly doubt), then something tells me the NCFC approach therefore really might not be suited to Sheffield United Football Club...

Wilder also wanted more investment in their academy (a la Colney - their base is landlocked and not big enough to allow for further expansion as we have), but the Prince wasn't prepared to bankroll this unless Wilder agreed to a Webber style DofF, which Wilder wasn't prepared to accept!   

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

How sweet, we have our own tribute act, the first of many I’m sure. I love that it’s even a German coach as well, I can imagine them ticking all the boxes off in their boardroom ‘yes, must be German’...

I think they’re about to find out it’s not so easy as that. What really makes what works at Norwich City is not so much in my eyes the formula. It’s the brilliant brains behind that formula. Webber and Farke, and the special team of staff and players they have assembled are unique and in my eyes irreplaceable individuals (which worries me about our future if I’m honest).

Hilarious to think we had these smug folk from Sheffield coming on here giving it the big’un a year or so ago, how we should have followed their approach to life in the Premier League, and here we are 12 months later, them begging to be us. It’ll be Brighton next, you wait ha ha

Btw wasn’t one of the Sheff Utd’s owners main grievances with Wilder that he was ‘guilty’ of blowing money on yoof like Rhian Brewster, when Prince Abdullah wanted far more say on transfers and who they sign? Unless he can change his spots (which I highly doubt), then something tells me the NCFC approach therefore really might not be suited to Sheffield United Football Club...

To be fair we were something of a Huddersfield tribute act weren't we?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be fair we were something of a Huddersfield tribute act weren't we?

Ha ha, I see your point Kingo, but it’s not a tribute act if it’s the original Beatle. 

The project or model there was never at as advanced a stage as it is here, not even close - they basically got a bit of foreplay, it’s here that it developed into the full on karma sutra... or something ha ha. 

And Daniel Farke is certainly no tribute act to David Wagner, here we have the real deal 👍

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha, I see your point Kingo, but it’s not a tribute act if it’s the original Beatle. 

The project or model there was never at as advanced a stage as it is here, not even close - they basically got a bit of foreplay, it’s here that it developed into the full on karma sutra... or something ha ha. 

And Daniel Farke is certainly no tribute act to David Wagner, here we have the real deal 👍

Are we the Wings to Huddersfield's Beatles? Not the most flattering comparison musically, unless you're Alan Partridge. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Perhaps @BillySharpsCircus has an opinion on this...

12 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I have to admire your persistence but I think you may be flogging a dead horse.

A bit like playing Billy Sharp then

30 minutes ago, king canary said:

Are we the Wings to Huddersfield's Beatles? Not the most flattering comparison musically, unless you're Alan Partridge. 

Ha ha, brilliant - only watched him mentioning Wings the other day funnily enough! But I would think a more accurate analogy would be that I’m pretty sure Sheff Utd etc won’t be looking to replicate the ten a penny school skiffle group, it’s what followed after I would assume! 

21 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Blades' owner Prince Abdullah is said to be impressed not only by Blessin's work with young players, but also his ability to deliver results on a budget. 

The latest to become disillusioned with trying to buy success?

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Blades' owner Prince Abdullah is said to be impressed not only by Blessin's work with young players, but also his ability to deliver results on a budget. 

The latest to become disillusioned with trying to buy success?

Could be a Blessin in disguise.

• Haha 1

Latest reports from Steel City imply Brexit may put a spanner in the works of his recruitment - its not certain he'll be able to get enough GBE points.  Given a large part of that is the size of any salary paid, the Prince must be cutting corners!😁