Sign in to follow this  
NorthCarolinaYellow

Michael Olise

If possible/offered ... I'd take this lad right now for our starting CAM next season in the PL and feel pretty good about it. 19, English, 6 goals and 10 assists this season ... there's huge potential there. If Reading don't get promoted this season (likely), then surely there'd be a decent chance of pulling him away? He's never played anywhere else and is clearly too good for Reading. I wonder what he'd cost ... £15M? Would it be worth it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He has an £8m release clause apparently, but for that price I'd imagine he'd attract a lot of interest from clubs bigger than us. Worth a try though, because it's a potential bargain in today's market.

Let's hope if we don't get him he goes to Spurs and we get him on loan 😬

Kids a bad egg. Was booted out of Chelsea and City academies. Reading players constantly on him to work during games. Not a player that would be wanted in a current hard working dressing room. 

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Let's hope if we don't get him he goes to Spurs and we get him on loan 😬

He can't sign for one club in a division and then immediately go out on loan to another club in the same division. So would require us not to be promoted ☹️

23 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Kids a bad egg. Was booted out of Chelsea and City academies. Reading players constantly on him to work during games. Not a player that would be wanted in a current hard working dressing room. 

He is 19, whether he is a bad egg or not is

yet to be seen. 

Reading players constantly on him to work during games is not that different from the criticism of Dowells tracking back on here recently, it's basically par for the course for young attacking players.

22 minutes ago, Surfer said:

He can't sign for one club in a division and then immediately go out on loan to another club in the same division. So would require us not to be promoted ☹️

Sorry, I was joking around 😬

I've said before, if Buendia goes I think we'll be in for him. If not, no chance (unless Cantwell goes, but I can't see that).

Honestly, can we just wait until we get promoted before we start ludicrous suggestions of spending eight figure fees on players who have played less than two seasons worth of senior football?

15 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly, can we just wait until we get promoted before we start ludicrous suggestions of spending eight figure fees on players who have played less than two seasons worth of senior football?

Well, the phones have already been ringing to get players in for our Prem season 🙂 

12 hours ago, 1902 said:

He is 19, whether he is a bad egg or not is

yet to be seen. 

Reading players constantly on him to work during games is not that different from the criticism of Dowells tracking back on here recently, it's basically par for the course for young attacking players.

Yet to be seen but been kicked out of two top academies already...

On good authority, he won’t be a Norwich player anytime soon

1 hour ago, YellowSubmarine said:

May well be true, I've got no idea about Olise, but wasn't Maddison known to be a bit of a "challenge" (albeit in a slightly different way)?

Edited by kirku

If true, £8M doesn't sound a lot for a young English player with potential. Unfortunately, we need a player who can come in and make an instant impact at CAM so unless we see him as a priority signing, can imagine us saving the pennies to spend where we need it

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Not been impressed when I've seen him.  Skilful and quick, but work rate lacking. Not a Farkeball type player.

Different coaching and a player young enough to develop. Bit early to write off him or any other youngster for that matter on that basis.

30 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Different coaching and a player young enough to develop. Bit early to write off him or any other youngster for that matter on that basis.

The barest minimum for a player at our club is that a player gives 100% ALL the time. Can that be developed? I guess so, but he wouldn't get in our team even in this league on the strength of what he has done so far.......

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The barest minimum for a player at our club is that a player gives 100% ALL the time. Can that be developed? I guess so, but he wouldn't get in our team even in this league on the strength of what he has done so far.......

Not so sure about that one. Think he'd have a very decent chance of starting in one of the AM slots ahead of Vrancic, Dowell or Stiepi 

• Like 1

In my view we want to be picking up players who a) could make the step up b) increase in value. Olise is a known player, so I doubt we would throw our name in the hat should a bidding war take place. But we should be looking of players of his ilk, we do need a certain quota of english players of course. No doubt we'll be looking at foreign markets more than the english one to achieve better value.

3 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Kicked out.... as a teenager. People grow up, not all, but some. I don't like people being written off when they are that young.

The second bit is almost certainly true though.

11 hours ago, mastoola said:

I cant see anyone paying what we would want for Emi.

This pretty much hits the core of the debate. We are likely to make a big loss this season as we did last time we went up and have already committed £14 million if we make it. Unless we get a big fee for Buendia and/or Aarons it is likely that the core of next years team are already in the building. Priority is getting Skipp or a replacement. The may be a second striker or another CB

17 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Stop talking utter claptrap.  He joined Reading's youth setup from Manchester City at only 14 years old and was at Chelsea before he was at Man City.  He was a boy when he was at Chelsea and barely a teenager at Man City.  You haven't got a scooby doo what you're talking about and quite frankly it's embarrassing that you're labelling and writing off a boy, as he was at the time, as a wrong un and a bad egg!

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

I didn't expect such a negative reaction! The £8M buyout is doable ... setting aside questions about his character.

I guess I'm still excited about someone producing at that level at just 19!

He is a very creative player and one that already has many championship teams and players fearing. At 19 that is quite a reputation.

His level now warrants 8 million as he can grow into a very good player in his early 20s and beyond.

I am sure many are watching him and rightly so, it could be that we see him as an option. I think the number 10 position is certainly up for grabs and is very important for us next season.

I would hope we also are willing to get a player who can bring it from day 1 as we need this position to tick and have Dowell, Stiepi and others as back up.

From what I've see of the lad this season, and for the potential and possibly sell on fee then this is exactly the sort of player I'd expect us to be looking at, and in todays market £8million seems a bit of a steal.

4 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Stop talking utter claptrap.  He joined Reading's youth setup from Manchester City at only 14 years old and was at Chelsea before he was at Man City.  He was a boy when he was at Chelsea and barely a teenager at Man City.  You haven't got a scooby doo what you're talking about and quite frankly it's embarrassing that you're labelling and writing off a boy, as he was at the time, as a wrong un and a bad egg!

Okay, we’ll see

He's a talent and one of the standout players in our league.

Will we sign him? Who knows but I would have liked to know how Sinani would have compared had he been given a chance to play #10 somewhere in the Championship for a whole season as a starter as this lad has.