Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

I love our squad of players

I'm really sorry I have mentioned this too many times already but Mr H depresses me.

This has been an incredible season considering where we had to pick ourselves up from. DF and his players have done an incredible job "BUT JH" is not an NCFC player in the championship let alone the premiership. He is warming a seat that someone else needs to be given.

I don't like targeting a player but against Preston he came on when Pukki was rightly knackered and all he had to do was hold the ball up and play for time and he couldn't even do that.

JH isn't a goal threat at this level anymore he has proven that and he can't even hold the ball to help us see a game out for 10 minutes. 

You needed to step up or step aside Mr H, you are the weakest link goodbye

Edited by Mullet

Bit harsh, he’s not had much of a sniff to be fair through one reason or another.

that is one thing I thought Jordan Rhodes did superbly. Holding up the ball late on and winning free kicks. 

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

I'm really sorry I have mentioned this too many times already but Mr H depresses me.

This has been an incredible season considering where we had to pick ourselves up from. DF and his players have done an incredible job "BUT JH" is not an NCFC player in the championship let alone the premiership. He is warming a seat that someone else needs to be given.

I don't like targeting a player but against Preston he came on when Pukki was rightly knackered and all he had to do was hold the ball up and play for time and he couldn't even do that.

JH isn't a goal threat at this level anymore he has proven that and he can't even hold the ball to help us see a game out for 10 minutes. 

You needed to step up or step aside Mr H, you are the weakest link goodbye

Bit harsh to say he isnt a goal threat when he's invariably coming on for the last 2 mins of a game

...when he was deputising for Pukki whilst he was out injured...before he himself got injured at Barnsley in the cup, he was looking ok ..and had scored a couple of goals.

The header he scored vs bristol city showed that he can offer a 'different' type of goal threat , scoring a type of goal which pukki wouldnt get which would require a different kind of service .i.e crosses

Three goals in 538 minutes this season. That's marginally better than one-in-two when you spread those minutes over 90-minute games. 

The above stat doesn't hold much weight admittedly as it's a small sample size, but the fact it's such a small sample size is why it's tough to judge him on so few minutes.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Three goals in 538 minutes this season. That's marginally better than one-in-two when you spread those minutes over 90-minute games. 

The above stat doesn't hold much weight admittedly as it's a small sample size, but the fact it's such a small sample size is why it's tough to judge him on so few minutes.

Which actually  reads well in his favour....given that most would accept that a player needs a bit of time to get into his groove. 

Would most people have taken a 1 goal in 2 games striker as back up to Pukki.....I think so. That's what we have  got...on limited game time, the boy has done the job asked of him.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Which actually  reads well in his favour....given that most would accept that a player needs a bit of time to get into his groove. 

Agreed, and that was what I was trying to get at when I said "it's tough to judge him on so few minutes", although obviously that comment was rather cryptic and could be interpreted in different ways.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Agreed, and that was what I was trying to get at when I said "it's tough to judge him on so few minutes", although obviously that comment was rather cryptic and could be interpreted in different ways.

No worries,  I was backing up what you wrote... I think he's  done OK,  always busy and must be a pain the backside for CBs after chasing Pukki around for  most of the game , to then have to spend the last 5/10 mins wrestling with JH.

We are seriously short of PL quality strikers ahead of next season.

Idah may be adequate for the fourth spot, but that leaves Pukki + two others required.

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

Well, not clearly not so sorry that you don't still feel the need to mention it yet again. But I do feel sorry that despite our very comfortable postion at the top of the league you still find yourself slumped in despair by the unnameable one's place in the squad. Since others have already responded by pointing out the contributions that "JH" has actually made, I will just make one observation. One of the persistent criticisms of Farke voiced on this site over the past couple of years is that Farke had no plan B if our default passing game is failing. Surely "JH" provides precisely the focal point of a genuine plan B if it is required. His lack of playing time is simply a factor of the overwhelming success of plan A this season. To have a second striker who has had so little playing time but remained a very positive and well-loved figure in the dressing room is something that shouldn't be overlooked either.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, unique said:

We are seriously short of PL quality strikers ahead of next season.

Idah may be adequate for the fourth spot, but that leaves Pukki + two others required.

Idah needs regular football next year. Championship loan I reckon 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Well, not clearly not so sorry that you don't still feel the need to mention it yet again. But I do feel sorry that despite our very comfortable postion at the top of the league you still find yourself slumped in despair by the unnameable one's place in the squad. Since others have already responded by pointing out the contributions that "JH" has actually made, I will just make one observation. One of the persistent criticisms of Farke voiced on this site over the past couple of years is that Farke had no plan B if our default passing game is failing. Surely "JH" provides precisely the focal point of a genuine plan B if it is required. His lack of playing time is simply a factor of the overwhelming success of plan A this season. To have a second striker who has had so little playing time but remained a very positive and well-loved figure in the dressing room is something that shouldn't be overlooked either.

The plan B of having a striker who can get onto crosses (we don't play that way ever) and the plan B which involves holding the ball up, high up the pitch late in games, which he isn't capable of doing. I would personally give him away on a free to Ipswich

Edited by Mullet

Just now, Mullet said:

The plan B of having a striker who can get onto crosses (we don't play that way ever) and the plan B which involves holding the ball up, high up the pitch late in games, which he isn't capable of doing. I would personally give away on a free to Ipswich

Could you give yourself away on a free to Ipswich?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Could you give yourself away on a free to Ipswich?

I'm 51 years old. My back has gone, both ankles are shot and I'm as blind as a bat. I couldn't do any worse could I 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I'm 51 years old. My back has gone, both ankles are shot and I'm as blind as a bat. I couldn't do any worse could I 

You'd probably still get in the squad!

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The plan B of having a striker who can get onto crosses (we don't play that way ever)

Errm! so you're basically saying we only have a plan A and no potential plan B. Seems I must have dreamt the fanastic headed goal that JH scored. Hang on! what's Bobby Ewing doing in my shower???

I have nothing personal against JH. I've come on this forum and got stuff wrong in the past about Soto getting straight in the 1st team and Farke out after the Derby County loss. I admit when I'm wrong which is quite often.

Jordan Hugill will not be here in August that is a fact

3 minutes ago, Mullet said:

You are Mystic Meg and I claim my £10. 

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Errm! so you're basically saying we only have a plan A and no potential plan B. Seems I must have dreamt the fanastic headed goal that JH scored. Hang on! what's Bobby Ewing doing in my shower???

One headed goal in a season doesn't make a plan B.

I assume Bobby is picking up the soap waiting for you. 🤠😵

Just now, Mullet said:

One headed goal in a season doesn't make a plan B.

I assume Bobby is picking up the soap waiting for you. 🤠😵

Oh dear! no need to turn a little bit of fun into homophobic abuse. Best not to start a thread like this if that's your intention.

It’s extremely harsh to single out Hugill - he’s done little wrong and not had enough game time to do much ‘right’....he’s often come on just for the last 5-10 minutes to give Teemu a rest and see the game out.  That’s not his fault. 

The fact is he’s not fitted into NCFC’ style of play and most definitely is not a Premiership footballer 

Just now, daly said:

The fact is he’s not fitted into NCFC’ style of play and most definitely is not a Premiership footballer 

You do know the ‘Premiership’ is what they call it in rugby and the SPL, don’t you?  In England we have the Premier League. 

14 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I have nothing personal against JH. I've come on this forum and got stuff wrong in the past about Soto getting straight in the 1st team and Farke out after the Derby County loss. I admit when I'm wrong which is quite often.

That's definitely not a fact.

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! no need to turn a little bit of fun into homophobic abuse. Best not to start a thread like this if that's your intention.

Just having a bit of fun horsefly. My best friend is gay

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s extremely harsh to single out Hugill - he’s done little wrong and not had enough game time to do much ‘right’....he’s often come on just for the last 5-10 minutes to give Teemu a rest and see the game out.  That’s not his fault. 

Exactly! Plan A has been so successful we have not needed to resort to plan B. However when we did play to Hugill's strength he scored with a superb header. Frankly I trust Farke to know exactly what role he foresees for Hugill, and it doesn't stretch the imagination too far to contemplate a role for him coming on late as balls are lofted into the box. 

8 minutes ago, daly said:

I love you Daly, you and me are on the same page

Edited by Mullet

4 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Just having a bit of fun horsefly. My best friend is gay

Ok, but best to avoid jokes like this given City's very prominent views on equality. I get the feeling it wouldn't make too many of the "Proud Canaries" laugh.

2 hours ago, Mullet said:

You're clearly not sorry or you wouldn't have actually mentioned it.

If we can add another striker I've got no problem with JH as a 3rd choice striker next season. I wouldn't want him as our backup as I don't think his style of player and ability allow him to ever put any real pressure on Pukki but as an option off the bench, we'd struggle to get much better without shelling out quite a bit of cash.