Midlands Yellow

Huddersfield predictions

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do get the feeling Pukki will be desperate to score, no doubt going to bag one or two in.

Definitely, I think he’ll get one inside twenty minutes. 

What’s the latest with Emi? If he’s not 100% I wouldn’t risk him. I was very impressed with Stiepi on Friday when he can on, he looked very sharp so would still feel very confident with Dowell, Todd and Stiepi playing behind Teemu for this game.

We have proved we can win well without Emi in the team so rest him to get him fully fit for the run in. I too think Pukki will react to his misses last game and be more potent against Huddersfield.  Seven games to get 8 goals and beat his 2018/19 tally.  Now that would be something.

Emi posted an insta yesterday, of him and his wife and eldest son, easter egg hunting.  He was wearing flip flops with no sign of any injury (ankle support, bruising, swelling what have you).  Of course it could have been a picture from last year ..... but on that evidence he should be fit for tomorrow.

Edited by shefcanary

21 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Emi posted an insta yesterday, of him and his wife and eldest son, easter egg hunting.  He was wearing flip flops with no sign of any injury (ankle support, bruising, swelling what have you).  Of course it could have been a picture from last year ..... but on that evidence he should be fit for tomorrow.

That bodes well, thanks for sharing! 🙂

Edit: I'm going to suggest an edgy 2-1 win.

Edited by Feedthewolf

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hopefuly he's not gorged on too many eggs, need him fit 😉

Emi in a chocolate coma is still better than 99% of players in this division.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Well spotted Shef, that does bode well indeed 👍

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fingers very crossed that Emi is able to play. Pukki to make up for a hatful of misses at Preston with at least a brace, 5.1 Norwich. 

Ridiculous overconfidence. I’m going 4-1 to us.

Huddersfield didn't look to good on Friday against the Bees should be cannon fodder.  Pukki needs to put on his shooting boots and City need to score a second.  Perhaps Pukki might like to shoot early rather than take it too wide and try to slot it at the near post.

Farke has said in the presser that he expects Emi, Aarons and Dimi to all be available so happy days! 

I'm going for a 2-0 win for us. 

Am glad Emi should be available. Was a bit worried when there was the possibility of him missing Huddersfield as we seem to struggle without him 

8 - 0

Finally everything will click. Buoyed by today's results and the knowledge that promotion can be clinched with just two wins, the boys will utterly destroy Huddersfield who, while not technically safe, don't have much to play for and won't expect anything from the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Turns out that even the supposedly rubbish teams in this league can give us a good run for our money.
I don't think that that Wycombe game was a breeze.

Hmm, I'll go for 2-0 to Norwich.

Having lost the rock that the defensive partnership of Hanley and Gibson had established and which had become vital. Having lost the very adequate back-up qualities that Zimbo provided, our only potential weakness lies at central defense.

The young Omabidadele (?) need necessarily be reviewed as a weakness to be exploited by battle-worn opponents who need seek the obvious options to succeed. However, the youngster showed the assurance of a Barden last time around and it could be turn out to be a good turn of events revealing a new chapter for the club and the player in the same way that the emergence of Lewis and Aarons did.

Get three, and slightly more, points under the belt and we can give this promise a time to prosper and prove himself against the best this division has to offer and it could well portend well for next season.

Farke has a habit of making the most out of diversity. 

A fittish squad (it's unlikely to be fully due to workload and niggles) should see Hudders off. They being a benign bunch who probably wont park the double-decker or kick everything or everybody that moves.

That will virtually be it, won't it?

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 hours ago, Petriix said:

4 - 0

Finally everything will click. Buoyed by yesterday's results and the knowledge that promotion can be clinched with just two wins, the boys will utterly destroy Huddersfield who, while not technically safe, don't have much to play for and won't expect anything from the game.

Thanks Petriix, you saved me typing all that out

1-0 (Pukki), goal after 32 minutes, then just cruise the rest of the game, conserving energy for Saturday when promotion will be mathematically confirmed. 

22 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

That bodes well, thanks for sharing! 🙂

Edit: I'm going to suggest an edgy 2-1 win.

I can report that Emi got on the bus with the others this morning ...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I can report that Emi got on the bus with the others this morning ...

Thanks, roving reporter! Any cars parked at jaunty angles in the car park? And does the bus leave from Carrow Road, or from Colney?