Sign in to follow this  
Essjayess

Covid Congestion Gone Crazy...

For poor Rotherham. Fighting like crazy as is their norm in the bottom 3, just  viewed their remaining fixtures and after a busy Easter they face 4 games in 8 days next week, away on Saturday followed by home games on the Tueday, Thursday and Sunday.  This season has already been congested enough, but the adamant stubborness of the EFL that the season cannot be extended by even a few days for a scenario such as Rotherham have to face is just ludicrous. Really do hope that the next season fixtures get back to a semblance of normality for all teams, be it in the Prem or the EFL.

4 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

For poor Rotherham. Fighting like crazy as is their norm in the bottom 3, just  viewed their remaining fixtures and after a busy Easter they face 4 games in 8 days next week, away on Saturday followed by home games on the Tueday, Thursday and Sunday.  This season has already been congested enough, but the adamant stubborness of the EFL that the season cannot be extended by even a few days for a scenario such as Rotherham have to face is just ludicrous. Really do hope that the next season fixtures get back to a semblance of normality for all teams, be it in the Prem or the EFL.

We know as much as anyone....84/85 season... how unfair it us for teams to have fixtures left after everyone else has completed theirs, so Rotherham must play all their fixtures by the final weekend.

With the playoffs that will then follow and the the Euros that start almost straight after , I cant see how the calendar could be elongated

30 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We know as much as anyone....84/85 season... how unfair it us for teams to have fixtures left after everyone else has completed theirs, so Rotherham must play all their fixtures by the final weekend.

With the playoffs that will then follow and the the Euros that start almost straight after , I cant see how the calendar could be elongated

Everton turned up at Coventry and half the team weren’t picked, Andy Gray was one and he never understood why, needless to say Coventry won and we went down.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Everton turned up at Coventry and half the team weren’t picked, Andy Gray was one and he never understood why, needless to say Coventry won and we went down.

It was worse than that - Coventry played three games after we had finished playing all of ours. They had to win all three to stay up and considering they had been gash all season nobody expected them to do it.

However, unfortunately for us, they played Luton (who had already been relegated) - Stoke (who were already totally safe in mid-table) and as stated above, Everton (who had already won the title and had been on the p*ss all week). It was after they duly won all three games against teams who for various reasons had absolutely nothing to play for that the Football League changed the rules to ensure that all teams finished playing their fixtures at the same time. 

I had always disliked Everton for this....until I looked up their fixtures a while ago. They had a hellish run in. They played all bar 2 midweeks from March onwards. 8 games in March, 8 in April and 9 in May. They even had a game after the Coventry match

They must have been knackered, no wonder they didn´t turn up for, what was for them, a nothing game

Everton Results 84-85

12 hours ago, Essjayess said:

The season can't be extended because you have the Playoffs then the Euros. If you extend the season, players called up for the Euros wouldn't be available for the Playoffs which would be even more farcical.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The season can't be extended because you have the Playoffs then the Euros. If you extend the season, players called up for the Euros wouldn't be available for the Playoffs which would be even more farcical.

Looking at the play offs / Euros you guys are right...no room for extension, but still is pretty bad for Rotherham. In the end i guess its Covid that is the real blame guy but even so, with to many silly international breaks, especially in Autumn time and that crazy League Cup schedule we had  at start of the season, its been a season that does not need repeating again.

15 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Well, I do have a couple of semi-informed theories about games in the 1980s and 90s involving Everton but I'm afraid I can't write them down on a public forum. 

I would argue that, with the play off final at the end of May, and the final round of fixtures on the 8th May, the season could have been put back one week...this would have to be for everyone, of course. The EFL could have looked at this over the international break

They could even have made the play off semi final one game at a neutral ground, but that´s probably not on so far into the season. 

39 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Well, I do have a couple of semi-informed theories about games in the 1980s and 90s involving Everton but I'm afraid I can't write them down on a public forum. 

Would one of them be their last game of the season when they needed to win to stay up and beat Wimbledon 3-2 by any chance? 

6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Would one of them be their last game of the season when they needed to win to stay up and beat Wimbledon 3-2 by any chance? 

I couldn't possibly comment.....

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

I couldn't possibly comment.....

Totally unconnected, I am struggling to remember the names of two 60s hits for Des O'Connor and Max Bygraves...

Ah yes, they've come to mind now...Careless Hans and You Need Hans

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Totally unconnected, I am struggling to remember the names of two 60s hits for Des O'Connor and Max Bygraves...

Ah yes, they've come to mind now...Careless Hans and You Need Hans

Also totally unconnected - one of my favourite singers is Pete Seeger. 

• Haha 1