Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Should We Try this in the City Stand When Crowds are Back?

Ah yes, also famous as the “Rally Monkey”’at the  Anaheim Angles baseball games. In a word - no. 

Me and a mate spent a whole day when we should have been at 6th form learning all the words to 'jump around'. Still know them now, in fact it's about the only thing from my time doing A Levels I can remember 😂

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Bearing in mind the average age in the City Stand the main benefit may be solving the problem of the season ticket waiting list

Looks exhausting 👴🏻

48 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Looks exhausting 👴🏻

Just watching it.....

I prefer the Dutch thing when sitting down they just put arms across shoulders and sway from side to side. Much less energetic but probably still too much for the City Stand

14 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just watching it.....

I prefer the Dutch thing when sitting down they just put arms across shoulders and sway from side to side. Much less energetic but probably still too much for the City Stand

To be fair The City Stand does get animated at half time in the scrap for free biscuits . 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Bearing in mind the average age in the City Stand the main benefit may be solving the problem of the season ticket waiting list

What is the average age in The City Stand then dylan ?

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I'm just doing the sums but I'm not sure how to count the ones who passed on several years ago 🤔

I sat in the City stand for the only time when we lost 5-1 to Villa in the Premier, safe to say they'd never seen the likes of me in there before...... 

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You're right. There are some right old fogeys in there.

Not sure we could afford the St John Ambulance bill (although we could consult the lot down the road to see how to get around that).

Edited by horsefly

13 hours ago, Kathy said:

You're right. There are some right old fogeys in there.

You surely are talking about The Snakepit as i know of at least one OAP with a bus pass who sits in there desperately attempting to cling on to the belief they are at least 30 years younger. Maybe they should be like Nutty and gracefully retire to The Blankets in The South Stand ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You surely are talking about The Snakepit as i know of at least one OAP with a bus pass who sits in there desperately attempting to cling on to the belief they are at least 30 years younger. Maybe they should be like Nutty and gracefully retire to The Blankets in The South Stand ?

But this anonymous person you're talking about, surely he or she is not celebrating doddering into an eight decade later this year? 

53 minutes ago, Kathy said:

But this anonymous person you're talking about, surely he or she is not celebrating doddering into an eight decade later this year? 

This anonymous person happens to be a she so the answer is no.

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This anonymous person happens to be a she so the answer is no.

But the soon to be 70 person I was talking about is a he...

28 minutes ago, Kathy said:

But the soon to be 70 person I was talking about is a he...

Not disagreeing with that fact i am 70 in October but i am surrounded by spring chickens in their 30's and 40's just to dispel the notion that everybody in the City Stand are coffin dodgers sitting in God's waiting room. However old people in the Snakepit must identify as some sort of life crisis.