Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

So, to recap

We, Brentford and Swansea all had away games this weekend. We were playing the highest of the 3 opposition teams

We had to make 3 changes to our defence, including a debut start for an 18 yr old

We dominated our opposition (the width of the crossbar, probably making the difference from coasting it) , yet got caught by a sucker punch

Swansea and Brentford, despite playing 'easier' teams, did not blow their opposition away, yet here we are gaining an advantage over the Swans and Bees

It's been a good weekend

• Like 4

Yes, not too bad - it’s just Watford closing the gap, but then they have a hard game on Monday away at boro...so after Tuesday we could be back as far as 9pts ahead, or as low as 3.

4 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Yep, 3 wins and a draw confirms promotion ... we may even be promoted already!

I am 100% you are promoted already. To not be you would need worse form than Wycombe.

One interesting scenario would be for Swansea and Brentford to win all their remaining games to achieve 93 points. To do this thay would both have to beat Watford meaning Watford also being on 93 points if they win their other 5 games. 

6 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

I am 100% you are promoted already. To not be you would need worse form than Wycombe.

A good weekend for you, but if Brentford win their game in hand, and take a couple more points on a day, than you, then you may well be looking over your shoulder, as you have the more difficult set of fixtures, and, of course, you have to play them away yet........

Or, you could carry on your good form and Brentford could just stumble along 😉 

84 would have been enough in 2018/19 and 2019/20. In 2019 we were panicking at the end but we actually had enough points after drawing away to Stoke

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, not too bad - it’s just Watford closing the gap, but then they have a hard game on Monday away at boro...so after Tuesday we could be back as far as 9pts ahead, or as low as 3.

As much as it might suck, I honestly don't care about the title. At the start of the season before a ball had been kicked I said top 6 finish or we have failed. Especially with the squad we had kept hold of and added to.

At this point. Automatic promotion first, then we can look at staving off an end of season push by Watford to steal the title.

• Like 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

84 would have been enough in 2018/19 and 2019/20. In 2019 we were panicking at the end but we actually had enough points after drawing away to Stoke

We actually had enough points to get automatically promoted, after the win over QPR

Just now, chicken said:

As much as it might suck, I honestly don't care about the title. At the start of the season before a ball had been kicked I said top 6 finish or we have failed. Especially with the squad we had kept hold of and added to.

At this point. Automatic promotion first, then we can look at staving off an end of season push by Watford to steal the title.

Tbh nor do I - the title is just the cherry on top, but the ‘cake’ of promotion is what we are after.