Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

'Uddersfield v Bees

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Blimey, 2-5 at Chelsea 

I was watching until just now. It sounds good but it wasn't. The Huddersfield game is far more exciting.

Well yesterdays result doesn't seem all that bad now, shame Watford are getting lucky wins. Brentford have been all over Huddersfield like us yesterday. Let's hope udders have burnt themselves out ahead of Tuesday night.

Very nice. Brentford slowed up and Huddersfield will have had a lot of fighting and running there. We just need to keep a consistently high tempo for 90 minutes and it should start showing in the second half.

I was always a bit sorry we let Canos go as I think he would have been a very useful player for us

When Preston spawned that late goal who would have thought we'd improve our chances of promotion this weekend?

Thanks stunning Swans and beloved Brentford🙃

Could those bees drop out of the top six?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

When Preston spawned that late goal who would have thought we'd improve our chances of promotion this weekend?

Thanks stunning Swans and beloved Brentford🙃

Could those bees drop out of the top six?

poor old bees knees 😀

• Haha 1

This puts it into perspective - look at the last five games.
image.thumb.png.6f01b17e951ebae906f19c39db0b5c9a.png

Swansea have 4 points out of the last 15. Brentford have 6 from 15. You think both teams are going to go on a streak where they get 15-16 more points than us out of the last 24 in a season as congested as this one?

If they do pull that off, they're still banking on us going down quicker then Monica Lewinsky on Bill Clinton... or indeed whoever Boris Johnson is drilling this week....

Edited by TheGunnShow

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Does everybody remember when Paul Merson the football pundit god stated that Brentford were the best team in the league by a margin? And do we remember the likes of @cambridgeshire canary agreeing with him?

Just sayin'

Don Goodman mentioned it on commentary today as well, so he's doing his best to remind everyone of Merson's comments. Since they went top of the table they've managed 12 points in the last 10 games ( W3 D3 L4 ). I haven't seen that much of them but they remind of of Leeds in that they seem to be very dependent on hard running and athleticism and that they're very ordinary when those fitness levels drop.

Edited by Icecream Snow
(10 games)

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

Don Goodman mentioned it on commentary today as well, so he's doing his best to remind everyone of Merson's comments. Since they went top of the table they've managed 12 points in the last 11 games ( W3 D3 L4 ). I haven't seen that much of them but they remind of of Leeds in that they seem to be very dependent on hard running and athleticism and that they're very ordinary when those fitness levels drop.

Exactly - and this is why Farke's style holds up better. Yes, it requires dynamism to be fully effective, but possession of the ball is his primary defence. Control the ball, control the pace.

Come on then, surely there's no one left now that's thinks there's even the slightest chance we're not going up? 

23 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Don Goodman mentioned it on commentary today as well, so he's doing his best to remind everyone of Merson's comments. Since they went top of the table they've managed 12 points in the last 11 games ( W3 D3 L4 ). I haven't seen that much of them but they remind of of Leeds in that they seem to be very dependent on hard running and athleticism and that they're very ordinary when those fitness levels drop.

If their ppg continues at this rate they're probably going to have to beat Watford on 1/5 to stay in the play-off places. If they can find second wind from somewhere they could do us another favour.

Edited by Capt. Pants

28 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Come on then, surely there's no one left now that's thinks there's even the slightest chance we're not going up? 

There will still be some who will worry that we might not.  They'll be blind to the evidence of the whole season for all teams concerned.  They won't calculate what it would actually take for either Swansea or Brentford to finish above us.  With both teams 15 points behind us with 8 games left to play.  Nor will they factor in that Brentford have to play Watford in the penultimate game and both teams cannot win, or that Swansea play Watford in the final game where again both teams can't win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Does everybody remember when Paul Merson the football pundit god stated that Brentford were the best team in the league by a margin? And do we remember the likes of @cambridgeshire canary agreeing with him?

Just sayin'

We all got one or two predictions wrong this season. 

Are Brentford fans still moaning on their message board that we are lucky because we’ve trousered million’s in parachute payments and that’s why we’re doing better than them? 😂

Someone needs to remind them of the ratio of relegated teams that come straight back up with all these unfair parachute payments... 😁

They are a one man team for what it’s worth.

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Yeah, I can't see them holding out and they're not doing much going forward, Brentford look the better team, but the shooting in the final third has been pretty poor.

I hate to be pedantic (well, TBH I enjoy it) but isn’t most shooting in the final third?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's not fit to lace Emi's boots

And that's an understatement.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I hate to be pedantic (well, TBH I enjoy it) but isn’t most shooting in the final third?

Not if you're  Nelson Oliviera. 

• Like 1