Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Michael Bailey

Yes, and that’s two players potentially injured by Preston this year, Dowell’s season essentially was lost and fingers crossed Emi can recover. 

• Like 1

Problem is that's what you get with sides inferior to us, just kick lumps out of us. 

Mid table mediocrity.

7 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Problem is that's what you get with sides inferior to us, just kick lumps out of us. 

So, by that logic, thats what we will do in the EPL next season, for most games. 

Cant wait! 

13 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just watched his report on YouTube, really giving the ref a hard time, was he really that bad ?

Absolutely he was. Shocking. Onel booked for a push yet ledson allowed to kick anyone he wanted all game without any consequences. Ref is a c**t

• Like 1

He also allowed a goal to be scored in the 5th minute of 4 minutes of injury time. No obvious reasons for adding on more than the signalled time 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

With no home crowd to influence the referee , you'd have to question whether our players and bench were appying enough pressure on rhe referee to book their players??

Wow. Are you actually a Norwich fan? Or positive in any way? Every thread I read tonight up pops a post from yourself discrediting the club or taking pantwetting to a whole new level.

You were asked if you were watching the game earlier as you didn’t seem to notice Emi was being attacked at every opportunity and moaning his substitution (which was spot on from Farke as usual) but I’d ask whether you’ve ever watched a Norwich game under our current setup. If you had, you’d know how vocal Reimer, Domogolla and particularly Wooton (wouldn’t want to pick a fight with him) are throughout games.

To critisise your own team for the failings of the ref is another level of pessimism.

Or just attention seeking, which I’ve just played along with...damn

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Wow. Are you actually a Norwich fan? Or positive in any way? Every thread I read tonight up pops a post from yourself discrediting the club or taking pantwetting to a whole new level.

You were asked if you were watching the game earlier as you didn’t seem to notice Emi was being attacked at every opportunity and moaning his substitution (which was spot on from Farke as usual) but I’d ask whether you’ve ever watched a Norwich game under our current setup. If you had, you’d know how vocal Reimer, Domogolla and particularly Wooton (wouldn’t want to pick a fight with him) are throughout games.

To critisise your own team for the failings of the ref is another level of pessimism.

Or just attention seeking, which I’ve just played along with...damn

Do you see our players surrounding a referee after making decisions....or non decisions?. Do we do it enough??

25 minutes ago, AJ said:

He also allowed a goal to be scored in the 5th minute of 4 minutes of injury time. No obvious reasons for adding on more than the signalled time 🤷🏻‍♂️

Minimum of 4 minutes........ 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

...it maybe a minimum of 4 mins but if nothing has happened in that 4 mins to warrant adding on another minute, why doesnt he signal 5 if he was intending to play 5??

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

30 minutes ago, AJ said:

Pretty sure they started that final attack well within the 4 minutes. I don't remember feeling like it was a time issue when they scored - refs don't blow bang on the suggested minutes, wherever the ball is, nor should they.

And the suggestion that our players should surround the ref more is bizarre. It's like suggesting we should dive more and kick the ball away to waste time etc. We want less of that in football, not more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canarywary said:

Pretty sure they started that final attack well within the 4 minutes. I don't remember feeling like it was a time issue when they scored - refs don't blow bang on the suggested minutes, wherever the ball is, nor should they.

And the suggestion that our players should surround the ref more is bizarre. It's like suggesting we should dive more and kick the ball away to waste time etc. We want less of that in football, not more.

Its called game managment....you'd be naive to think that we'd be the only team not to do it if everyone else is.

Like it or not referees are influenced.

Need only to look at the way Jordan Henderson and Ashley Young when at Man Utd were never anymore than 10 yrds away from the referee , constantly in their ear

6 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

Yes, the ball hit the back of the net at around 94 minutes 10 seconds so there’s no problem for me with the ref adding additional time.

However, in the match thread there were comments about the tackle on Buendia-leg breaker, straight red etc. My thoughts are, if it was such a dangerous tackle and an obvious red card, why didn’t any of our side complain? Probably because they didn’t think it was a red card, just a robust tackle.

Edited by Mr Angry
Autocorrect
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Its called game managment....you'd be naive to think that we'd be the only team not to do it if everyone else is.

Like it or not referees are influenced.

Need only to look at the way Jordan Henderson and Ashley Young when at Man Utd were never anymore than 10 yrds away from the referee , constantly in their ear

Haranguing the referee isnt game management. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....it is.......like it or not

It really isn't......

....you dont think trying to influence a ref is part of a gamplan?...you dont think that constantly being in a refs ear might influence the next decision?....you dont think that if there's a 50-50 call to make ,a referee could award the decision the way of the team thats been in his ear the loudest all game?

Please dont be that naive.

As previously mentioned, Jordan Henderson has been the master of this for the last few seasons....never more than a few yards from a ref all game, constantly chipping away at him.....vurtually refereeing the game at times

Please don't be naive to think the ref gives decisions based on which teams complain the most. In some situations it has the reverse effect, and whingy players get decisions given against them,  for getting on refs chimes. 

Please don't be that naive.

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Please don't be naive to think the ref gives decisions based on which teams complain the most. In some situations it has the reverse effect, and whingy players get decisions given against them,  for getting on refs chimes. 

Please don't be that naive.

You must have missed about 24 years of Alex Feguson's tenure at Old Trafford....

• Like 2

Not saying it doesn't happen, but its not game management,  that was my point.

For goodness sake ladies get over it, we got another point to where we want to be.How many late goals have we scored (Ipswich comes to mind Tim Klose) Middlesbrough 4-4 Rant over

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

So, for example, I could say minimum of 2 but actually allow play for 6? Not sure it works

10 hours ago, kick it off said:

Absolutely he was. Shocking. Onel booked for a push yet ledson allowed to kick anyone he wanted all game without any consequences. Ref is a c**t

I'd agree, absolutely shocking and yet at the same time par for the course (or perhaps slightly worse) for this season, and sadly we have even worse to look forward to next season with the nightmare of VAR returning.

The referee was not bias or bad, he had a very lenient style, I would have given more fouls.  The one where the defender went through Emi was a poor challenge, it could given as  anything from nothing, on the basis that the player simply played the ball (and Emi jumped out of the way) all the way to a straight red for the player being out of control.  My view he was out of control, the ref saw it differently.  

Onel deserved a yellow card, he deliberately broke the play up to stop a dangerous attack, these days that is a straight yellow every time.  In my mind a lot less serious but more clear cut.

In terms of the time at the end of the game that is his decision, and we have to play to the whistle.  If we allow them to shot from the edge of our area without pressure on the ball we will concede goals.

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Haranguing the referee isnt game management. 

Agreed, haranguing the ref should be avoided at all costs. It reflects horribly on the sport and the players, and alongside diving and feigning injury, it makes me embarrassed to be a football fan at times. 

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 2

Don't disagree with any of that Newtopia - except the ref being bad. You're right, he wasn't bias, but he was ****ing ****. The issue is consistency. Ledson must have kicked Emi at least 4 times (not to mention various other players) both on and off the ball, after he was booked in the 9th minute, yet Onel is booked within a minute for a far less serious infraction than any of the ones Ledson had after he was already carded. I don't dispute Onel deserved a yellow, I dispute the fact that Ledson deserved to walk off the pitch at the final whistle rather than midway through the second half after his numerous fouls. Could probably have had 3 or 4 bookings for him alone.

They committed 17 fouls (that's not including a number that the officials missed, just the ones given) yet only have 1 yellow card to show for it?

Edited by kick it off

Working the Referee is game management, haranguing is not. You have to be subtle in what you say and when/how you say it. A lot of Refs will get suckered in. Sometimes you are sewing the seed for later in the game. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't just have to come from the captain, but it has to be clever. We can be better at it.