Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Marc Guehi At Swansea

So Marc Guehi "failed a later fitness test" on Wednesday which kept him out of the England Croatia U21 game, but is starting for Swansea tonight?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-croatia-result-u21-euros-b1825197.html

They were without Tom Davies, Marc Guehi, Ben Godfrey and Emile Smith Rowe after they failed late fitness tests, while Callum Hudson-Odoi had already returned to Chelsea with a shoulder injury.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

So Marc Guehi "failed a later fitness test" on Wednesday which kept him out of the England Croatia U21 game, but is starting for Swansea tonight?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-croatia-result-u21-euros-b1825197.html

They were without Tom Davies, Marc Guehi, Ben Godfrey and Emile Smith Rowe after they failed late fitness tests, while Callum Hudson-Odoi had already returned to Chelsea with a shoulder injury.

Made this point yesterday, we should have been tougher with our players. Why did pukki need to play in that friendly? Hanley playing the full 90 mins whilst Scotland are thumping faroes.

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Made this point yesterday, we should have been tougher with our players. Why did pukki need to play in that friendly? Hanley playing the full 90 mins whilst Scotland are thumping faroes.

We are building a reputation for being completely honest and fair with our players. I'd say we are already reaping the rewards of that and we won't now do stupid things to sabotage it.

On 02/04/2021 at 20:52, Mr.Carrow said:

We are building a reputation for being completely honest and fair with our players. I'd say we are already reaping the rewards of that and we won't now do stupid things to sabotage it.

Really? There was two disgruntled players this summer, after being told they cannot even contact other staff from the club and to stay away

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Really? There was two disgruntled players this summer, after being told they cannot even contact other staff from the club and to stay away

I would call that fair and honest, wouldn't you? Why let them be around the Club, almost pandering to them, if they are not happy, possibly spreading a negative influence around? Get rid I'd say. There's always more than 1 unhappy player at a Club, but certain action obviously had to be taken, to get rid of those 2 for specific reasons.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Would you rather that they had been around the squad and infected the dressing room or for Webber and Farke to remove them from the group, seems to me that they made the right decision.

I wasn't bothered about Dr Mic but I loved watching Leitner as a player but it's not a surprise he turned out to be a bad egg as that's why he ended up at Norwich, had he not have been we'd have never seen him at the club.

3 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Would you rather that they had been around the squad and infected the dressing room or for Webber and Farke to remove them from the group, seems to me that they made the right decision.

I wasn't bothered about Dr Mic but I loved watching Leitner as a player but it's not a surprise he turned out to be a bad egg as that's why he ended up at Norwich, had he not have been we'd have never seen him at the club.

Leitner shown his petulance in the fa cup game vs Preston. 

I feel bad for Drmic. Death threats and lost his cool a week later. Made a scapegoat after that. I obviously don’t know him, but when I met him at Wolves (h) he seemed like a shy guy

3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I would call that fair and honest, wouldn't you? Why let them be around the Club, almost pandering to them, if they are not happy, possibly spreading a negative influence around? Get rid I'd say. There's always more than 1 unhappy player at a Club, but certain action obviously had to be taken, to get rid of those 2 for specific reasons.

They both came out and questioned it tbf.

I’m not complaining, but saying that there is a fair amount of treatment isn’t always the case. You have to be cruel to be kind. 

I am annoyed that we couldn’t have got at least pukki back for preparation, whilst Everton can drag as many as they like out.