Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

84 Points

That's what we're on with 7 games left, and still people are getting their panties in a twist. 

I'm so confident that when we've all played 46 and we see what 3rd place finishes on, that we're ALREADY promoted. 

• Like 4

If I remember correctly, the win at home to QPR (with still 6 games to go), 2 years ago (6th April as it happens 😉🤔), secured promotion. We just didn't know it at the time!

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

If I remember correctly, the win at home to QPR (with still 6 games to go), 2 years ago (6th April as it happens 😉🤔), secured promotion. We just didn't know it at the time!

That's correct. I had worked that out back then... of course, we didn't know that Leeds were going to do a Leeds, such as they did. They lost to relegation-threatened Wigan IIRC.

3 minutes ago, K Lo said:

That's correct. I had worked that out back then... of course, we didn't know that Leeds were going to do a Leeds, such as they did. They lost to relegation-threatened Wigan IIRC.

And that is what some of our fans are not taking into consideration. They are defaulting that we are weak and will capitulate and that all of the other teams in contention, will go on an amazing run (even though they have to play each other). It just won't happen. There are always strange results at this end of the season, not just to us.

• Like 2

I said in a thread some weeks ago that I thought 86 points would be enough for automatic promotion. I am not moving from that prediction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

And that is what some of our fans are not taking into consideration. They are defaulting that we are weak and will capitulate and that all of the other teams in contention, will go on an amazing run (even though they have to play each other). It just won't happen. There are always strange results at this end of the season, not just to us.

Exactly Crabby, they seem to think Watford and Swansea will both go on some kind of 100% record (impossible), whilst a team who have lost 5 all season will now lose at least 6 of the remaining 7.

I get not counting chickens etc, but the levels of pessimism seen here, and especially on the FB page after the game totally amuses me. 

And I've been known for negativeness in the past 😂

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its just the jitters. Some are superstitious. Some will not be convinced until its mathematical. All good stuff in reality.

I understand that, and that is absolutely fine but some have tried to almost justify their reticence with reasoning that just doesn't take everything into consideration. It's almost a one eyed view

I personally wouldn't want one or two of those on my team, constantly picking out the negative needle in the positive haystack, but we are all different.

Norwich were on 81 points after 39 games in the 2018-2019 season.
3rd place Sheff U were on 74pts after 39 games.

4 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Norwich were on 81 points after 39 games in the 2018-2019 season.
3rd place Sheff U were on 74pts after 39 games.

It was in reference to the final 3rd place K Lo. We finished 11 points ahead of them (Leeds) come the end of the season. We got 10 points from our last 6 games

Edited by Crabbycanary3