Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

*****Official five-star HMS Píss The League thread*****

We all live on a yellow submarine! Yellow submarine! Yellow submarine.......premiership here we come!

23 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Permission to come aboard please Wolfy?

Also permission to enjoy our remaining games and continue to bring in exciting young players 😁

Sure thing. No tear-ups with @Darth Canary1 though please, or you'll both be thrown overboard.

• Haha 2

This party is starting to warm up already. Cheers Birmingham, you got a few more on the good ship Píss The League.

Huddersfield, over to you...

Still think for now it should be HMS promotion party and with that I'm all aboard. To **** the league we still have work to do. That's not to say we won't but still too early. Hopefully I will jump ship after the Watford game. 

6 hours ago, pete said:

Some of us are a little cautious and ending our winning run with two draws against the divisions whipping boys does little to end our anxiety.  Granted we are in a seemingly impregnable position I would rather we maintained that 10 point lead.

Pessimistic well thats a given but the boys could give relief by scoring more often.  Until promotion is secured excuse me if I worry.  Sincerely hope I am not able to ram your braggadoccio down your throats.

Says Captain Doomy Doomster of HMS Pink Un Miserabilists. 🤣🤣🤣🥲

8 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

And we still have Watford who are going for promotion and Boro Reading and Barnsley who are goung for the playoffs.

These games vs blackburn ,preston and huddersfield on tues are our easier games....and we've dropped 4 pts

That's the spirit #AllAboard 

Seems that some won't get on board until it's mathematically a done deal, tbh, the chasing pack, or at least their supporters will be watching each other, not us. Even their most optimistic fans have accepted that there's only one Promotion place left up for grabs...... We've got the other one!

Cast off!.....

I have just retired from sea after 41 years but I will happily get onboard for this voyage. I will be down the engine room if you need me Captain Wolfie, Full steam ahead!

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Seems that some won't get on board until it's mathematically a done deal, tbh, the chasing pack, or at least their supporters will be watching each other, not us. Even their most optimistic fans have accepted that there's only one Promotion place left up for grabs...... We've got the other one!

Cast off!.....

Depends whether "**** the league" means actually winning it or not??

Morning all. Just passing by and can’t quite believe you haven’t got a full boat load for HMS Promotion Party...HMS PissTheLeague has got a fair way to go though.

as a Watford fan I genuinely can’t see Brentford or Swansea amassing more than 86 points. 90 points will as good as guarantee an auto place. So very likely one more win for you will do it but two to be safe. 3/4 more for us

see you back in the relegation fight next season!

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 4

Two more positive results and I'll find my sea legs, but football is a funny game and you are never there until you are there.  Looks great at the moment and we are undoubtedly in the driving seat and miles ahead of third, but until we win it, we are just top of the league with seven games to go.  Win against Huddersfield and at least a point against Derby and I'll say we are all but there, but until then, I'll stay on shore, thanks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lappinitup said:

HMS Doomed for you then pete. Careful though, it's rusty, out of steam and heading for the rocks. 🤢

That's called HMS Port-man Road.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Morning all. Just passing by and can’t quite believe you haven’t got a full boat load for HMS Promotion Party...HMS PissTheLeague has got a fair way to go though.

as a Watford fan I genuinely can’t see Brentford or Swansea amassing more than 86 points. 90 points will as good as guarantee an auto place. So very likely one more win for you will do it but two to be safe. 3/4 more for us

I agree re the 86 points, cant see the other 2 getting that. Swansea have just lost 3 on the bounce, you cant be doing that at this stage of the season.

10 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sure thing. No tear-ups with @Darth Canary1 though please, or you'll both be thrown overboard.

Use the force, Wolfy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief stoker said:

I have just retired from sea after 41 years but I will happily get onboard for this voyage. I will be down the engine room if you need me Captain Wolfie, Full steam ahead!

Stay up on the deck for now, chief... we're not leaving port until @lake district canary arrives. Could be a little while yet! 🙂

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

FTW shall we invite our Watford fans onboard too? I think they can certainly be considered looking at the table! 👍🍻

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

FTW shall we invite our Watford fans onboard too? I think they can certainly be considered looking at the table! 👍🍻

No, because they're not going to Píss The League. No booze cruise for finishing second.

33 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Stay up on the deck for now, chief... we're not leaving port until @lake district canary arrives. Could be a little while yet! 🙂

It takes a little time to get the boilers on and raise steam Captain, LDC will be aboard by then 😃

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Two more positive results and I'll find my sea legs, but football is a funny game and you are never there until you are there.  Looks great at the moment and we are undoubtedly in the driving seat and miles ahead of third, but until we win it, we are just top of the league with seven games to go.  Win against Huddersfield and at least a point against Derby and I'll say we are all but there, but until then, I'll stay on shore, thanks.

Says Captain Contrary Contrarian of the HMS PinkUn Flipflop 😂😂🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chief stoker said:

It takes a little time to get the boilers on and raise steam Captain, LDC will be aboard by then 😃

Very good, sir. Hang around on deck for a while, we've got Huddersfield v Brentford on the big screen at 12.30.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Very good, sir. Hang around on deck for a while, we've got Huddersfield v Brentford on the big screen at 12.30.

Come on, Uddersfield! Run yer legs off and beat the Bees!

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Depends whether "**** the league" means actually winning it or not??

Either way, you'd only be on the reserve list. 😉

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Lakey in negative post alert !

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Very good, sir. Hang around on deck for a while, we've got Huddersfield v Brentford on the BIG SCREEN at 12.30.

Are you saying Grefstad is back ? 😂

Is this the same Lakey who told us that if we all believe we can finish top four in the premiership? Covid lockdown really had an effect on poor Lakey.....he’ll be on board after Tuesday, when Brentford draw today and we beat Huddersfield!

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Are you saying Grefstad is back ? 😂

What a great idea!

At 12.30pm, on the big screen (sponsored by Grefstad Industries), we've got Huddersfield v Brentford.

At 3pm we've got the flat-cap derby between Why Aren't We Leeds and Why Aren't We Sheffield United.

At 5.30pm we have a James Maddison appreciation show as our former star showcases his skills against Pep's route-one cloggers.

Then, at 8pm, it's the battle of the underachievers, as Arsenal and Liverpool fight for the possibility of a Europa League place they don't actually want.

10pm: clear away the chairs and tables, it's Disco Dale's Disco!

56 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What a great idea!

At 12.30pm, on the biLooks like i cannot be in a position to check that i have won the lotteryg screen (sponsored by Grefstad Industries), we've got Huddersfield v Brentford.

At 3pm we've got the flat-cap derby between Why Aren't We Leeds and Why Aren't We Sheffield United.

At 5.30pm we have a James Maddison appreciation show as our former star showcases his skills against Pep's route-one cloggers.

Then, at 8pm, it's the battle of the underachievers, as Arsenal and Liverpool fight for the possibility of a Europa League place they don't actually want.

10pm: clear away the chairs and tables, it's Disco Dale's Disco!

It looks like i won't be in a position to check my winning lottery numbers until midnight.