Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

*****Official five-star HMS Píss The League thread*****

No way, I’ve seen how quick Covid spreads onboard ships, until I get me second vaccine I’ll stay ashore and celebrate on Tuesday, you could end up being quarantined!

35 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Still also have to play Watford and Bournemouth at home and Barnsley away.

Is that the same Bournemouth who are not in the top 6 and are a mere 22 points behind us ?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Is that the same Bournemouth who are not in the top 6 and are a mere 22 points behind us ?

Welcome aboard, Tilly! 

*salutes*

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Promotion is a done deal, even draws a good enough.

Want to win a troffy though.

I'm with you. Get the trophy in the bag. 

Some of us are a little cautious and ending our winning run with two draws against the divisions whipping boys does little to end our anxiety.  Granted we are in a seemingly impregnable position I would rather we maintained that 10 point lead.

Pessimistic well thats a given but the boys could give relief by scoring more often.  Until promotion is secured excuse me if I worry.  Sincerely hope I am not able to ram your braggadoccio down your throats.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Some of us are a little cautious and ending our winning run with two draws against the divisions whipping boys does little to end our anxiety.  Granted we are in a seemingly impregnable position I would rather we maintained that 10 point lead.

Pessimistic well thats a given but the boys could give relief by scoring more often.  Until promotion is secured excuse me if I worry.  Sincerely hope I am not able to ram your braggadoccio down your throats.

and what is your opinion on Swansea and Brentford's current form?

10 points, 6 points, 3 points. What does it matter?

4 minutes ago, pete said:

It's okay Pete, you weren't invited. I believe there's a little dinghy somewhere over there with HMS Little Old Norwich daubed on the side.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's okay Pete, you weren't invited. I believe there's a little dinghy somewhere over there with HMS Little Old Norwich daubed on the side.

Nah FTW that’s next seasons ship!  😉

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 2

Can I come aboard 😃

Just to put it into some kind of context for the whittlers even if we had a stinking run from now and only took five more points from our seven games ie a win two draws and four defeats, then Swansea would have to win seven of their nine and Brentford would have to win seven and draw one to reach ninety and pip us. We could even have enough points right now to finish above them both. 

Not going up ain’t happening.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Can I come aboard 😃

Just to put it into some kind of context for the whittlers even if we had a stinking run from now and only took five more points from our seven games ie a win two draws and four defeats, then Swansea would have to win seven of their nine and Brentford would have to win seven and draw one to reach ninety and pip us. We could even have enough points right now to finish above them both. 

Not going up ain’t happening.  

Everyone is welcome as soon as they've accepted we're going up.

Except binners.

• Haha 1

It’s great to see just how good Mumba and Omo looked at this level, imagine if they fulfil they’re development, looking like Aarons replacement is being moulded! HMS Staying Up being built!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Dark Lord of the sith asking to come aboard.

Okay, but I've got my eye on you.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Okay, but I've got my eye on you.

Keep your light sabre close by just in case

I'm confident of promotion. Last time it was acheived we stumbled over a good few games and just so happened so did Sheffield and Leeds. We're not going to win every game and neither will Watford.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Not actually sure why you would want to even if the unthinkable happened? 😳😳😳

I'm still feel peed off for conceding an equaliser in the 5th minute of a 4 minute extra time against Preston NEandethals, nonethelss I doubt it seriously dented our promotion perspectives. However, if Omobamidele is to stay (so to speak) we must find him a nickname. Chris Goreham pronouced his name mostly Obama Daily. So maybe Obama?  It sounds presidential. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

A pleasure to have you aboard. It's a few weeks until we depart for Premier League Island, so make yourself at home.

Do we have to get off the boat when we get there?  The journey has been quite nice and premier league island has always been disappointing.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

There will be a few on here who still think they can catch us though Tilly 😁

1 minute ago, sillysausage said:

Any room for me ?  

Love a promotion party 😁

All aboard....... Toot toot... 

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well just let me know when you want to come aboard, we'll save a space for you.

Don’t want them aboard pishing everywhere and making for a slippery deck

1 hour ago, pete said:

HMS Doomed for you then pete. Careful though, it's rusty, out of steam and heading for the rocks. 🤢

25 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Not actually sure why you would want to even if the unthinkable happened? 😳😳😳

Because some people love being able to say 'I told you so' more than wanting success for our club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He he I've been a stowaway for a while now. I thought you might have noticed the smell...

As for the rest, it's not like 2nd & 3rd have got to play each other or anything ... oh ...

Permission to come aboard please Wolfy?

Also permission to enjoy our remaining games and continue to bring in exciting young players 😁