Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

In The Great Scheme of Things

That's actually a really good point. Absolute kick in the teeth to concede that last minute goal, but given the incredibly difficult run up to the game for us with the injuries and the disgraceful EFL refusal to move the game back 24 hours most of us would have taken a draw before the game began.

The actual performance was excellent (finishing apart of course) and great full League debuts for Omobamidele and Mumba. 

• Like 6

Absolute sh1thouse of a team Preston. Didn't even try to play football. Deserved nothing. But...it's a point closer to the title.

In the grand scheme of things? Well....I hope we never play in that blue kit again!

Edited by sonyc

Add to that we have some outstanding players in the wings, Mumba & Omo look like they are good enough at this level, shame we couldn’t keep that clean sheet. But a good point. Three points on Tuesday and that should just about do it!

I think you have to be very happy with 9 wins and 2 draws in the last 11 games unless i am missing something.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Absolute sh1thouse of a team Preston. Didn't even try to play football. Deserved nothing. But...it's a point closer to the title.

In the grand scheme of things? Well....I hope we never play in that blue kit again!

If you'd have said that we'd have put in a great performance, deserved to win and come away with a point with two teenagers in our back four, I'd have been well happy with that. Gutting way to lose two points, but we'll still p*ss the league. 

It’s annoying - two late goals in two games have cost us 4pts - it shows how you can so easily be punished for not taking your chances.  
However, the rest are still plenty behind and it’s a point closer to promotion.  We have a great opportunity midweek to push on.

Doom and gloom after DF's press conference.

Since then we have introduced an 18 year old CB, given Mumba another look, got a point nearer promotion.

Whats to be unhappy about? Yes a win looked certain but remember when luck went our way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you have to be very happy with 9 wins and 2 draws in the last 11 games unless i am missing something.

Which puts us top of the form table? (if not 2nd at worst).

Another nice learning curve for the younger lads. We've looked comfortable sitting on one goal leads in plenty of matches this season and pulled it off. Hopefully a little lesson learned today about staying switched on and keeping full concentration until the final whistle which will benefit the players next season & beyond. Great to see Mumba, Omobamidele & Sorensen looking composed and up to the standard. And a doff of the cap for Hanley, McLean, Pukki and Krul after their travails abroad. 

Not a bad point or performance. Well done to the lads. Hopefully Buendia is okay.